Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I respect how they've pulled this one off. So, if you were playing a more normal game, what's the purpose of Prowler Mode? Does it level your catico pal up faster than just regular sidekicking? Or is it just, like, people asked if they could be a kitty long enough and now you can be the kitty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do like seeing all the themed kitty armor. Does it unlock kitty skills the same way human armor does, or is it just for stats?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose the Prowler quests are there for people who are flailing around trying to be an actual human and would get splatted as a cat?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Can cats get access to poison attacks at all? Or is that kind of hazardous enterprise best left to humans?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like multiplayer that gives bonuses for single-player, but it must make it tough to play through older games where nobody plays or the network infrastructure was disassembled.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Besides poison, sonic bombs, and riding monsters like bucking broncos, what other useful tools are your cats currently without?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Now I'm just kind of primed to see a bomber cat in action. Maybe next Together Cat.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Friendly fire must get a lot worse when you're all the time throwing boomerangs around, each of which can totally set off bombs because that's how bombs work?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So do Hunters get anything like the wide variety of Palico skills in this, or are they just limited to throwing their inventory at the monsters/down their gullets?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Who's going to name the pets? Deadweight! And he's not going to name them after food. ...well, he is, but he's going to name them after food that works as mixers. Say hi to Banana the Moofy and Lime, Coconut, and Plum the Poogies.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Seeing the sandblast cannon makes me wish for some kind of Monster Hunter Mega Man.

liquidypoo posted:

I like this idea, but I don't think Deadweight has any restraint. I bet he'd just go right in on the booze names. I'd make suggestions here, but I'm not entirely sure that'd be fair, what with me being one of the co-commentators and all :v:

Fair point. So how about Daiquiri the Moofy and Gimlet, Colada, and Fizz the Poogies?

Glazius fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 4, 2018

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Pretty sure Monster Hunter games have to have covered every biome by now, at least.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...so, yeah, I laughed at the revelation that there actually was a spot you missed to gather from.

Though I suppose it makes a sort of sense. Hard to imagine you'd be able to complete a gathering quest if you missed half the available spots. Are there any similarly extremely-focused gathering quests in other biomes?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah. Egg thief. Can you at least guarantee yourself Lander with the food choices available or is that also a tossup?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like the schtick they've got going here, of trying to evade powerful unknown enemies while doing simple things. It seems like an unusual direction for Monster Hunter, but maybe I'm just misremembering all the times you did it in previous games.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I have to credit the art team. Even this many games later, Owlmoth feels like it could have been there from the beginning.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I would love a Monster Hunter plotline where the Wycademy was trying to revive ancient fossil monsters.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Paw Pass Ticket missions are pretty neat tests of endurance - stay alive in the wilds as long as you can.

Is there an equivalent, uh, forced test of endurance? Like, you're constantly being attacked or having your health drained or something, and you need to battle against the wilds for 20 or 30 minutes?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Did you do the demos before you fixed your router settings? The videos are still look a little choppy to me.

I do appreciate the demos of different cat styles, however much or little practice you've had with them.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Please tell me they rigged up Arthur-Palico to have all his armor blow off the first time he takes a hit.

Though I suppose that'd be too much effort.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
There are too many adorable armors. How can you possibly show them all off?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I respect high-rank introducing entirely new maps to run around on - but you'd pretty much have to, right? To provide the new high-rank materials.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I continue to be amazed that not only will it cat, but cats can fuckin' wreck some monster parts. It does seem like they've made kitty on main a more interesting strategy - I guess it was pretty popular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Love seeing the fishing minigame work its way into a boss fight somehow.