Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Man, It's been forever since I've played Monster Hunter. Can't wait to see more of us beating down giant monsters and stealing their flesh and bones. (Not like we can use them, since y'know, we're a cat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Coat: Monotone (White)

Eyes: Closed

Ears: Round

Tail: Bent

Voice: Voice 3

Name: Korin

Speciality: Healing

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

New Cats!

Name: Sweet Pea
Coat: Melynx
Eyes: Thin (Green)
Ears: Perky
Tail: Long
Voice: Type 2
Charisma

Name: Artimis
Coat: Two Tone
Eyes: Sharp (Green)
Ears: Attentive
Tail: Long
Voice: Type 3
Fighting

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Glad to see Korin is working out. Also glad to see there's barely any frame skipping. Sometimes the video would hitch and then skip like 30s. Good to see that got fixed.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

1. Is that a freaking Keyblade?!

2. That Moshgarl set looks sorta like the Black Mage from FF9, Vivi.

This was a funny update, hopefully you can do more of this.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

That cat outfit is Happy from Fairy Tail aka, An anime/manga. Awesome.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Oh man, it looks awesome, and I noticed the boomerangs being wonky. That must take some getting used to.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Chimera-gui posted:

I believe the rumor thing is just a joke on the developer's part because it has the combined behavior of Yian Kut-Ku and Rathian, in reality the Garuga is a more aggressive relative of the Kut-Ku.

Interestingly enough though, Yian Garuga are brood parasites as female Garuga will sometimes seek out a Yian Kut-Ku nest after mating, destroy the eggs, and then lay its own eggs in the nest for the oblivious Kut-Ku to raise and care for which may go some way into explaining where the rumor came from.

So its like the Basilisk? Egg raises by a different species.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

liquidypoo posted:

This is what set me off in the beginning of the video. Earlier I had to fight krystal because I didn't want to leave a spirit behind in the adventure mode of Smash Ultimate. Of course, they used the gross, skeevy version of krystal so I had to immediately dismiss that trash as fast as I could. Then I gloated at Silver because she inexplicably likes krystal and I'm a bad friend :v:

to be fair, I'm not sure "skintight jumpsuit" is any less skeevy than loincloth and bra.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

...how did that skeleton cat EAT FOOD?

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Not sure if it was stated what game Chaos Magala was from, but it's from 4U.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Alright,

1. I find it hilarious that the rarities almost spell "Curse"

2. Why do you need a specific element to break a part, that sounds stupid

3. Bug...net...on...back? That's even weirder than the specific element thing.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Of course we aren't dead. Also, I'd like to make a correction. I mentioned how Freedom Unite on the Vita didn't allow use of the second stick. Upon further research, it did. It does, but you have to map it yourself, since the port boots up in PSP Mode. This isn't explained very well, so it was hard to find.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

I still think Barroth looks incredibly weird here with his reddish orange skin. I vastly prefer his World incarnation over this design. Also, I wonder why they didn't outright tell us that Gathering Quest was required to continue.

Silegna fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 31, 2019

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Well, with us getting basically AT Great Jagras and Lavasioth (I actually had to look up who this was), it's entirely possible for us to get others at least.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

I have GOT to get Stories at some point. It looks amazingly fun to play.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Leading up on Avengers Cats, it turns out Thor is the third one, but we're gonna go with hulk.

Captain America: Defense Cat

Iron Man: Attack Cat

Hulk: Beast Cat

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

Elebatcatglidermonkey is a Pin The Attribute On The Skeleton mess. Nergigante reproducing via its spikes (according to iirc an art book note) is as natural as water being wet. Love stonedragon and we all know what that would be like in Arch Tempered form :haw:

The more I watch of these existing/old monsters the more I appreciate MHW's choice, but you could say it being on a new uncharted undocumented separate island from the great mainland has refined the species over there and made for less insaneo mixing of species and corruption and general WTF.

Nerg does what now. That brings a whole new look at his divebomb where his spikes go everywhere.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Ah, yes the "Useless Human stuff". Humans need to carry around multiple gathering tools and their weapons can break! Cats are just superior all around.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Found out something interesting: In order to get Trunkspines, you have to attack the spines on Gammoth's trunk. That can be broken, but not the trunk itself. You cannot get Trunkspines any other way bar a low chance from capturing. Blunt weapons work better, but cutting weapons take longer to scar the tip of the trunk.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Just because a monster isn't popular, doesn't mean it has zero chance of getting into Iceborne. I mean, there were monsters that weren't popular that became content in world. Every monster is a varying popularity with different Hunters, for instance, I HATE Uraagan, but he's in World, and just as annoying to fight.

Anyhow, I can't wait for Iceborne for PC. The DLC armor I was talking about was the Guardian Set, I believe.

Banbaro looks to be a good introduction at least.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Ah yes, Glavenus not limping. Like seriously, WHY DIDN'T HE LIMP. But yeah, that was a fun thing. Multiplayer as a cat is far superior to as a human.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Tigrex does not look fun to fight, holy crap. Even Narg seemed tamer and less "I'mma jump and roar all over you".

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Man, Pickle is annoying to face. I haven't personally fought him in Gen U yet, but hoo boy, this is definitely something to look forward to.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Chronojam posted:

I tried to join the stream but got audio-only

Yeah, that happens with Twitch sometimes. It's an issue on Twitch's end, since it seems to affect people randomly.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Amatsu is an interesting beast to learn about. He first appeared in Portable 3rd, and his first appearance in the west was in Generations. His name is actually Amatsumagatsuchi, but for the localization, they just went with Amatsu.

His themes are definitely fitting to his fight. When you first start fighting him, the first phase theme called "The Robe Dancing in the Gale", where he is calmer, and basically flies around the battlefield. Once you do enough damage to him, he transitions into his 2nd phase, which is titled "The Burning Life From Inside the Storm", and if you're paying attention to the music, you will know exactly when he transitions, as the music quite literally SWELLS to show he is now fighting for real.

He starts spamming tornados, with quick wind ups, and flying into the air to fire literally liquid hydrogen that explodes on impact. It's breath attack is actually a devastating mixture of wind and water, which causes water to rapidly release out of wherever it hits.

He is also gigantic, coming in at 102 feet long. He is so powerful, that he returns to the same mountain range every year at the same time, and forces the Zinogre leaving there out. He uses his jade organ called the "Storm Vesicle" to control the storms with such pinpoint control, that the moment he dies or leaves the area, it disappates in seconds.

He is in a category of Elder Dragons called "Forbidden Dragons" or "Dangerous First Class Monsters". This category includes any Dragon that has the power to destroy all life in the world. He's also vastly territorial, as mentioned with the Zinogre. When he's first introduced in 3rd, he's shot an airship out of the sky.

There's more information to be posted, but it involves things we haven't seen yet in the LP, so I'll post more on those as we get there.

Phase 1 Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4rihxzg9qs

Phase 2 Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBsjJfYT3Ac

Silegna fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 18, 2020

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

I apologize if you hear any phone noises in the backround, that's on my end.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

This wasn't mentioned in the video, but Rajang straight up hunts and eats the horns of Kirin. It's part of how it gets it's electric ability, and shows that while Rajang isn't an Elder Dragon, he can still stand toe to toe with one.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

After this, we did some quests to level my Cat some more, and did Meownster Hunter Ultimate out of spite. It turns out that Ahtal-Ka does not uncap the Palico Level, but Meownster Hunter Ultimate does, making it not the most useless Prowler Quest to exist.

Also, Ahtal Ka is based off the Devil's Flower Mantis, with some Egyptian flavor added. It specifically is reminiscent of a Sphinx.

Silegna fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Man, I don't remember the first video I joined in on. But this was the first time I ever beat Fatalis. Last time I tried was in Freedom Unite, and it was such a good feeling. Glad to have been along for the ride, Silver.