Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Srmz

As I walk along the corridor my many feet chilled by the cold stone floor I remark in a voice that comes out of one of my newly grown larynxes, this time, like the shrill dying scream of a rabbit "Nice place." My conduit rumbles in my abdomen? chest? the bulbous belimbed mass that makes the midpart of my body. This could mean anything.

My conduit's could be reacting to a shard of pure chaos which is good for a lot powering a lot of crazy magics. Chaos shards are also wonderful for inducing madness, corruption, mutations, and tears in time and space and a whole lot of other nastiness. Or it could be that Vix has been passing gas at me and my conduit's getting tetchy about it. My blasted conduit isn't exactly reliable about anything.

MHCMA is always looking to help out the magically cursed if I can convince any of the residents of this place to come back with me to be treated that would be great. If they have been driven mad I am perfectly willing to use non-lethal force to bring them back for treatment. I would rather not have to kill anyone but I will protect myself and my teamates. MHCMA is also interested in any magic relics or knowledge that can be used in the service of healing afflictions so I will be on the lookout for such. OOC I added the good alignment to my character sheet

MinutePirateBug fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

HP 26/26 | Armor 0 | Load 3/10 | XP 0/8

In a deep baritone emanating from his stomach "Sounds like I have business to the right. Sorry to split us up like this. I promised I would try help cursed folks out in this place, and besides exploring as much of this place as fast as possible seems like what we were sent here to do." Srmz pauses "I'll try and give us some breathing room with our pursuers." and with a BAMF of atmosphere suddenly rushing to fill the Srmz shaped void and then rapidly expanding outward he is gone leaving behind a chaotic vortex of muppets, flame, angular bits of sharp metal, cupcakes, and crackling electricity filling and blocking the corridor behind them

Teleporting as far down the right corridor as possible
Teleport (Teleport, Hazardous) 2d6+2=11

MinutePirateBug fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 19, 2017

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

"Poor sod." Srmz thinks to himself as he spies the victim of the beast men. Srmz is not one to judge by looks however, the probability of successfully parleying with the cursed once-men into coming to MHCMA as they devour someone seems remote. Perhaps if the all pervasive moonlight is somehow disabled there might be a way to talk these cursed souls into treatment. Maybe wherever that lens atop the chandelier leads will provide solutions. Looking at the position of the balcony he remembers the words of the UN parchment, up is the way to go. He focuses on his conduit channeling the power once more to teleport to the balcony partially to get a better view of the room - in particular to see where chandelier's lens leads and partially to continue making progress vertically. Srmz's conduit hums and for a brief moment the world seems to wibble awhile and comes apart in rippling ribbons , an aeon seems to pass as Srmz goes briefly mad before the universe decides to patch itself back together exactly as it was. Slightly exhausted from the attempt to use his conduit, Srmz takes a moment to catch his breath and blank out what just happened before attempting to channel his conduit to teleport once again.

Teleport (Teleport, Hazardous) 2d6+2=6

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

HP 26/26 | Armor 0 | Load 3/10 | XP 1/8

As the air whistles past me, I feel a warm wave of nostalgia wash over me. Something about this reminds me of home, it is strange because nothing here resembles what my home looked like. I let my skeletal and malformed hands play in the wind as the resistance of the air pushes them upwards. I close my many eyes and enjoy the adrenaline coursing through my veins, the tinge of fear and heightened sense of reality that goes along with it. None of this feels particularly real, perhaps this is an illusion or a delusion? Maybe I have removed myself from the tower and traveled elsewhere, because of my strange magics? I don't know. I have traveled far enough away from the tower, that I am just as likely to make back to it from the surface as I would attempting to conjure my magics here in midair. I extend my arms and legs on one side of my body to increase the drag there and swivel my body around so I have a good view of the surface, then begin focusing on my conduit once more. The teleportation magic I use seems to take into the account the relative accelerations of my body as well as the planet otherwise I would have likely found myself suffocating in space a long time ago, hopefully I can direct my magic so I do not slam into the surface with great force. I will myself to move through space to the surface of the obsidian plain.

Teleport (Teleport, Hazardous) 2d6+2=7

Complication(s) GM choose one or more
The magic flows out from a different part of the body or is a different element
The magic has an unintended effect on the enviroment
The magic blasts the player backwards

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

HP 26/26 | Armor 0 | Load 3/10 | XP 1/8

"Sorry about that!" Srmz blurts out before refocusing to teleport away from the obsidian tentacles towards the reddish spires. As Srmz does so great fatty mounds of flesh sloughs off from Srmz's body, leaving behind goblets of tooth and hair encrusted lipid rich flesh on the ground which rapidly fester and erupt into a stinging biting mass of wasps and flies.

Teleport (Teleport, Hazardous) 2d6+2=10

MinutePirateBug fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 13, 2017

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

We examine the colored light of the candles and the colours present in the environment and cannot help but notice a correspondence. Perhaps there is some sort of magical linkage between the two. We approach the tower with the silver flame, and we will our element to pour forth into the flame at a trickle to see if it interacts with the magics which created the us shaped portal in the sky. A malformed and scrawny arm bursts forth from behind a flap of fat in our chest, this is an appendage we are unfamiliar with. It is covered it sweat and whitesh slime, it smells like cheese left exposed for a long time. Hideous asymmetrical pores emerge across the length of scrawny weirdly bent arm and spew forth our wretched element not only at silver flame but at us as well.

I am aflame. I writh on the ground rolling around trying to put out the flame, stripping my clothes as I do so to ride myself of a source of fuel for the flame. The newly fallen snow compresses and crunches as I roll naked through it and the burning gets worse. Snow? I am not aflame, I am freezing. I ignore the burning coursing through my body and the chattering of my teeth. The corpses of my comrades lay all around me pallid and stiff. My entire squad appears to have frozen to death in the night in their bedrolls. We are on the Northern plateau and the enemy must have conjured a freak cold snap to kill our army while they slept. I need to start a fire or die I conjure flame, but the ground is covered in foot deeps snow for as far as I can see, the fire extinguishes quickly. I need a fire. I roll my comrades corpiscles together into a mound using balled fists, my fingers are too numb to work properly. I start another fire using their bodies & clothing as fuel, the oiled leather of their clothes and armor catches surprising well.

We awaken from our waking dream. Our body throbs with pain. Only a stub of our strange appendage remains, it appears to have exploded at the joint from the strain of the elemental magic we placed on it. Bone fragments mixed with blood coat our chest and head(s).

discern reality 2d6+1=5 + Trickle element at flame in tower + roll for damage just for funzies damage 1d6 =3

HP 23/26 | Armor 0 | Load 3/10 | XP 2/8

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

There were a plethora of disciplines used during the war, and those which affected a change in the mind were not uncommon. The last time Srmz had encountered such a magick it had been expected, protective wards and training in mental conditioning had allowed Srmz to take on the semblance of one bewitched, while maintaining Srmz's "true" identity within the recesses of Srmz's mind. Those wielding the magics had been dispatched, never knowing their puppet was not what it seemed. Srmz using previous training and the residual energies of wards cast on Srmz long ago, allows the identity of being imposed to take root at a superficial level after feigning resistance and defeat. Hopefully, being taken as a part of this place would allow Srmz to navigate this palce more rapidly and safely.

Just a fantasy dreamt up by an idle mind?

defy danger wits 2d6+1=10
HP 23/26 | Armor 0 | Load 3/10 | XP 2/8e

MinutePirateBug fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 23, 2018

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

The delusion is tempting so tempting. To become as we were. To become lost in another fantasy. Resistance. We must always endure, we must always have the will to be who we are.

A decision must be made. Unfortunately I am not unbiased in its making.

It is dangerously sentimentality that plays into this silvery dream and giving into the illusion is a mistake, but the notion of seeing home again is too much.

Home is a word which brings me to tears my eyes. To gaze upon the amber plains once more to feel the cool winds whip through my hair, carrying upon their breath the scent of lilac. The slow drone of Ciadas, as I close my eyes under a solemn oak.

I set the outer shell upon the course of ascent.

MinutePirateBug fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jan 28, 2018

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Oh I hope she gets here soon! I cannot quite see it, I cannot quite grasp it. The outer-shell fuzzies reality. The fire and the light are blinding. Perhaps… Perhaps… that is something Sah-Tah-Ish was seeking? Or perhaps it is something d’Argent wants? Perhaps it is both? They are both loved by flame and light. I cannot tell what it is, I do not *know*, what folly this empty speculation is.

All we can do for now is plan, observe, and wait for an opportunity to present itself.

discern reality 2d6+1=7

What should I be looking out for? (What should I *know* and in knowing grow strong?)

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
[quote="MinutePirateBug" post="481098832"]

It is an honor to follow this champion! Patience patience patience. We submit and bide our time.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Srmz it is time to drop the mask. It is Srmz's duty to aid these poor souls who have had their minds overwhelmed and their bodies transformed by the luminous magics of conformity which pervade this place. Srmz knows the shell believed that it was its duty to prevent chaos from entering these "Luminous Steps", so Srmz believes introducing its chaos element to these “Luminous Steps” may serve as a way of wresting power away from the mind warping entities of this place. I slip off the shell and carefully put it with the others I have gathered over the years? infinities? moments?. I believe a mind as elaborately constructed as this has its own life and should not be destroyed unless it was of danger to the host - even if it weren't of potential use in the future. I direct the channeling of magics at the flesh and towards the portal, the effect follows the dropping the mask almost instantly, though not without damage to the flesh. Skin and non-vital bits are warped and seared, but it is only a minor agony to me. I turn to stop or at least hinder pursuit by collapsing or at least partially blocking the portal by channeling my element into it.

OOC: Not sure if two actions like this acceptable, if trying to close the portal or at least temporarily block it isn't kosher after teleporting through it. Then the blast is Srmz’s next action.

Teleport (Teleport, Hazardous) 2d6+2=7[/i]
Suppress Elemental backlash with body take damage 1d4=1[/i]
Channel "Ooze chaos at portal in attempt to close it" (blast, hazard) 2d6+2=10[/i]
damage from channel 1d8=7[/i]

HP 22/26 | Armor 0 | Load 3/10 | XP 2/8

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ioyEvdggk

In a fugue state Srmz ascends the stairs, but as Srmz does so Srmz untethers Srmz's conduit. From every orifice it comes; from Srmz's pores, from Srmz's eyes, from the tips of Srmz's fingers, chaos comes flowing -spurting -dripping -bursting out in odd increments. In its wake it leaves distortions of impossible geometry, fleshy mounds of heaped writing organic material, oily self-perpetuating fractals patterns which seep across the stairs, miniature meadows of verdant flowering plants from which tiny eyes spy their surrounding - in short it leaves chaos.

Perhaps it would die here, perhaps it would change again. Fear gripped Srmz's heart and they reveled in a quiet yet wild exultation. There was only the ascent, and perhaps at the top there would be some way to help all that dwelt in this realm.

Srmz Trickles element across the stairs while ascending

HP 22/26 | Armor 0 | Load 3/10 | XP 2/8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Sorry I slowed things down, discord would be better.

• Locked thread