Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
To be fair, SoT was a mess at the end, too. They even showed an end boss in the trailers that wasn't in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm guessing that there's a secret playable character? Cause I got his character sheet but there's no way for me to even view it yet as there's no more room in the roster. Beginning of day 4.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

the_steve posted:

It does feel like they were missing a lot of content, especially considering how long they pushed it back.

It bugged me that there was no option to Choose the Freedom Pals over Coon and Friends. I know it becomes a moot point almost immediately after, but still.
That, and the fact that there was no resolution to Cartman destroying Timmy's franchise flowchart. They never revisit that point at all, it becomes all Mitch Conner all the time. Considering this was all centered around Cartman trying to make himself the center of the franchise again, you'd think they would have touched more on that fact.

I like they set up a “Christmas every day” parody then did some other thing

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I was enjoying the game up until I encountered a game-breaking bug (PS4 version) - after Operation: Blind Justice, Cartman's supposed to call you to give you the next story mission, but the call never triggered. So I'm stuck here, unable to progress at all. People have been discussing it on the official forums for about a week now, but there doesn't seem to be much of a workaround so far. So that's fun.

Looks like I'm back to Stick of Truth until this mess gets sorted.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok yea I see what yall were saying. That was one of the most dragged out throw poo poo at the wall endings ive ever experienced. Still fun game over all, but cant decide if I want to keep it for the future dlc.

On to the Freeman fight

edit: haha he doesnt fight you if youre black

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 21, 2017

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

the_american_dream posted:

Ok yea I see what yall were saying. That was one of the most dragged out throw poo poo at the wall endings ive ever experienced. Still fun game over all, but cant decide if I want to keep it for the future dlc.

On to the Freeman fight

edit: haha he doesnt fight you if youre black

It's because you identify as black. Finish the game first to get your cheevo then go back to PC Principal and change your ethnicity.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Did anyone make the choice to NOT fart on Jared?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I didn't fart on Jared. Not sure why.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Do you get anything from doing it though?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't think it matters game or trophy wise.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

precision posted:

Do you get anything from doing it though?

As far as I know, just lines of dialogue from the other kids acting like you just crossed the line that separates superheroes from murderous vigilantes v:shobon:v

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

What would be the best way to get money in this game ?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I was shocked that Mr Garrison as Trump didn't make an appearance as the big bad. I assume they were just scared off

Game was fun but not as great as Stick of truth. It was definately lacking something

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

VoLaTiLe posted:

I was shocked that Mr Garrison as Trump didn't make an appearance as the big bad. I assume they were just scared off

Game was fun but not as great as Stick of truth. It was definately lacking something

I think it's just the lack of variety in the environments compared to Stick of Truth.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

fit em all up in there posted:

Just play the game. And when you run around, just punch every item on the screen as you go by. $$ really isn't an issue.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Freeman fight was fun. Ended up doing it with Craig tweek and mystetion

We have any eta on dlc?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There was a glitch that I think has been fixed by now where you could sell all your goods to a vendor, then do a buyback to get them all back without actually having to pay any money.

You actually make plenty of cash by just looting stuff as you go, but there is at least one giant one-off cost you have to pay if you want to stop the ninja attacks and get a selfie with Mr. Kim

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 23, 2017

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lol and it only works that one battle.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

You'll have absurd amounts of money by selling crafting stuff (biohazard, tech, that stuff) because when you complete milestones you'll get hundreds of pieces of them in your chest at your house.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Stick of Truth is on sale for $8 with all DLC. I assume it's the better of the two games so far?

Also FBW is on sale, just uh... it's at $44 instead.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

widespread posted:

Stick of Truth is on sale for $8 with all DLC. I assume it's the better of the two games so far?

Also FBW is on sale, just uh... it's at $44 instead.

Well FBW comes with Stick of Truth so think of it less as paying 44 dollars for the former and more like you're paying 22 bucks for each game

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Plus Fractured just came out like a month ago. It’s silly to expect it to be so cheap already.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

drrockso20 posted:

Well FBW comes with Stick of Truth so think of it less as paying 44 dollars for the former and more like you're paying 22 bucks for each game

Thought it was just the Gold Edition that came with Stick of Truth. But still, $22 for SoT when it's standalone is $8.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Plus Fractured just came out like a month ago. It’s silly to expect it to be so cheap already.

Has it only been a month? poo poo, felt longer for some reason. Still, I'll prob just stick to SoT until FBW gets more polish.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I've watched like the first two or three hours (out of what, like 20?) of the game and while it did get some genuine laughs out of me, it just feels... off. Like Stick of Truth had, in my opinion, a perfect pace where there'd be the same story beats and highs and lows that you'd expect from a South Park story. Fractured But Whole, from what I've seen, feels like it's an entire game of B-plot. Like the poo poo you see and do in FBW feels like the filler that'd be thrown into an episode to pad the running time except it's hours of it instead of just like ten minutes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd say that FBW is funnier the SoT but really they aren't that different from each other.

FBW has more content. The gameplay is more interesting.

SoT has a smoother story, mainly in the 3rd act. But that gets messy, too.

Neither are perfect games. But if you like South Park, get both.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Both games are fun and if you get them at a decent price I say go hog wild.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Where is SoT only $8? My brother loves these games on YouTube he’d be happy for one

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
They're definitely both really fun. FBW has a lot more "game" to it. I've put in about as much time as I did in SoT and I'm only on the start of day three. The combat system definitely has more to it, but I do miss the crazy poo poo you could do in SoT, like the rubber ball with the "three stacks of bleed" strap on giving every enemy on the screen max DoT.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

widespread posted:

Thought it was just the Gold Edition that came with Stick of Truth. But still, $22 for SoT when it's standalone is $8.

Nope, everyone got it for free on every platform. I didn't even know I had gotten it for free until a few days later when I got a notification from Sony saying "some people have had trouble with their free copy of Stick of Truth" and I was like :aaa:

Bust Rodd posted:

Where is SoT only $8? My brother loves these games on YouTube he’d be happy for one

It's 3 years old and sold really well so I doubt they're sweating it.

And yeah both games are very very good in different ways. SoT has much better menu game, FBW has far better combat, both are about equally funny.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I liked the combat in SOT slightly more but they’re both pretty good. The only thing I don’t really like about either game is the amount of fuckery you have to do in menus like setting skills and messing with the tons of tiny items you’re constantly picking up. I feel like it’s a bit too much for a South Park game.

Both are must plays if you like South Park. It’s seriously like playing through 2 seasons worth of episodes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I do wish FBW had the ability to alter stuff using items. That's something that should have carried over. Who cares if it makes things impossible to balance, it made things fun in the first one.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea i would've liked that better than crafting food. I didn't do it once after the tutorial just armor

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

This is probably a matter of taste but I hated how combat in the first consists mainly of quick time events, I don't like having to do reflex/reaction stuff in an rpg. At the same time the first game was easy enough where I could just flail my way through it easilly enough anyway.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
This one has more

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

It's 75% off everywhere atm, steam uplay humble you name it.
If you haven't played either get Stick, and later Butthole when it's cheaper. I had some good laughs with Stick, but not 60$ worth of haha funny.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
If FBW is on sale, grab it since it comes with SoT. I'm finishing up FBW now, and my concerns about length were pretty unfounded, it's been about 20 hours on a decently completionist playthrough. I loved SOT, since it was one of the few video games to have me consistently laughing out loud, the combat was breakable in a fun way, and exploring the town was great with all the waster eggs. FBW builds on it a lot, and it's a deeper experience overall but still fun. The puzzles are pretty easy adventure game looking for interactable type deals, but they're fun and often funny. It's one of my favorite RPGs of the last few years.

• Locked thread