Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole is available TODAY, on PS4/XBOX/PC!

quote:

ABOUT South Park: The Fractured But Whole:

In the quiet mountain town of South Park, darkness has spread across the land. A new power is rising to combat this evil. An entire squad of superheroes will rise, led by a nocturnal scavenger sworn to clean the trash can of South Park society.

The kids are playing superheroes, and Cartman is determined to turn Coon and Friends into the biggest superhero franchise of all time. However, the villainous Professor Chaos emerges with an evil plan to eliminate Coon and Friends. The heroes need to work as a team to fight the chaos and terror that that grips the town.

From the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, comes South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, a sequel to South Park™: The Stick of Truth™, winner of 25 video game awards.

Players will once again assume the role of the New Kid. As the newest member of Coon and Friends, you must create your own superhero, build up your notoriety, and use your superpowers to save South Park. Only then will Coon and Friends take their rightful place as the greatest team of superheroes ever assembled, and get the movie deal they so richly deserve. In a city gripped by chaos, Coon and Friends rise to save the day.

A HERO’S ORIGIN REVEALED
Every hero has a beginning. Are you an alien, a high-tech wonder, or a genetically altered mutant? Create your own one-of-a-kind costume, craft your origin story, and build out your unique superpowers to become the hero this city needs.

EXPLORE SOUTH PARK AT NIGHT
Not only has South Park grown with new places to explore and new characters to discover, but when the sun sets, havoc and chaos reign as the seedy underbelly of South Park comes alive. At night, a whole new world opens up where your alter ego can harness its powers to do whatever it takes to save the town.

COON AND FRIENDS, ASSEMBLE!
Recruit up to 13 members of Coon and Friends to your cause, including Mysterion, The Human Kite, and the infamous Coon himself. Combine your special powers with the heroes from Coon and Friends to eliminate anyone that gets in your way and defeat the dark power that has spread its evil tentacles over South Park.

AN OUTRAGEOUS RPG ADVENTURE
An all-new dynamic combat system offers new opportunities to manipulate time and space on the battlefield, and a revamped looting and crafting system gives you the freedom to develop and refine your powers as you progress through the game. Find loot hidden throughout the land and follow recipes to craft your own outrageous equipment to aid you in battle.

AUTHENTIC SOUTH PARK
This highly anticipated sequel features more than twice as much content as South Park: The Stick of Truth. Created, written, voiced, and directed by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, South Park: The Fractured But Whole is authentic, interactive South Park at its finest – hilarious, outrageous, and a whole lot of fun. Everything is bigger, longer, and goes deeper than before. Come on down to South Park and have yourself a time.

And this one will actually have DLC!

Some FAQs

Q. This is related to Stick of Truth?
A. It's a sequel, but you don't have to have played the original.

Q. I'm not up on my South Park. What episodes should I watch before playing this?
A. Definitely watch the Coon episodes ("The Coon" in season 13, and "Coon 2: Hindsight", "Mysterion Rises", and "Coon vs. Coon & Friends" from season 14). You should also watch parts of season 19, since they tie in heavily - especially "The City Part of Town", "Tweek x Craig", "Naughty Ninjas", and "Stunning and Brave". And finally, this season's "Franchise Prequel".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

CuddlyZombie posted:

You also get a nice little easter egg if you already know the password to the Coon Lair and enter it without getting it in-game.
Also, play with the Cube of Ultimate Destruction for a while.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Just a quick heads up for iOS users - there's a free Fractured But Whole sticker pack in the App Store now.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Trash Trick posted:

the people who make games doesn't matter, it's the same engine and some of the writers are the same so who cares!
It's not the same engine.

Rookersh posted:

Having Ubisoft come out and say they are dropping Obsidian because they are too expensive and are doing this inhouse is a bad sign. Obsidian isn't super expensive, so uh.
So I want to mention here that, unlike SOT, a pretty substantial chunk of the game materials were actually done in-house by the show's crew.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

jimmydalad posted:

Super Craig and Wonder Tweek’s new ultimate is amazing and wonderful and I wish I could understand Japanese so I’d know what they are saying. I basically had that pair and Call Girl as my main party members for the rest of the game with no regrets. In the end, Yaoi love triumphed over all. Fun game, though I sorta wished Cartman got more of a comeuppance after the poo poo he pulled as Mitch Connor.

Somebody on Reddit translated it:
Tweek: It’s time! Please lend me your power…!
Craig: All right… Let’s go do this together!
Both: We'll fill this world with our overflowing, combined love!
Or
Both: We'll fill this world with our overflowing love made one!

Small White Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's even better because Wonder Tweak is also partly half assed with WT taped to his shirt.
They were supposed to be a duo!

(Also, Wonder Tweek appears to have borrowed some of Craig's clothes.)

• Locked thread