Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Thank you for listing all the episodes to watch that are related to this game.

Also, I found this pretty funny when you try to skip the opening cutscene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9BpdFTtcsA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Game is really fun so far and running smoothly. Besides that one time start up issue, I haven't had any problems. It works fine with the steam controller. If you have Twitch Prime you can get some extra free crafting stuff and currency. Also some outfit.

I had a problem with the Twitch Prime code for this game telling me my code has already been used. Am I out of luck?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I would think so, I'm not sure who you would contact for it. Are you sure you got the correct platform?

I mean worse to worse you're not losing much. You can also see if someone can claim a code for you, who doesn't have the game and use that (if it's possible).

It managed to work anyway despite telling me that the code was already used. It’s correctly showing up under my purchased DLC. :shrug:

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Oh my God. When you put the correct password to the basement door in the beginning of the game without looking for the clue for it first.

Cartman appears on top right of the screen dressed up like Bill Belichick with a headset and a Patriots hoodie and says “Hey, Tom Brady. You wanna play the game or do you just wanna be known as a smug cheating bitch for the rest of your life?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Fuuucccckkkkkk I need a clip of that

Here you go, I uploaded it for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2RIUetSf5o

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

BexGu posted:

How long into the game until you can change your starting class?

You can change it after you first choose by sitting in the chair in Cartman’s basement again.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Vakal posted:

I just hope this game has an optional post game boss or something. The first game was pretty sparse on stuff like that.

There is a hidden boss that you can fight pretty early on, but you probably won’t be strong enough until after beating the game.

It’s Morgan Freeman. If you go behind the counter in Freeman’s Tacos and punch him three times, he’ll warn you then launch the boss battle.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

precision posted:

Mosquito kinda sucks

Super Craig, Flashpass, and Coon seem to be the best so far. But I just now got to the part with Captain Diabetes and he seems okay, his super is really good.

I went Flamer/Psychic, setting enemies on fire and confusing them seems pretty good

As far as tank characters go, I actually like Captain Diabetes way more than Super Craig. None of his moves have a cooldown and two of his three moves both do damage (to multiple enemies) and add an overshield. He also has a better ranged attack with his Sugar Rush, since Super Craig can’t use Omega Crash Extra if there’s an ally in the way of his path.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

precision posted:

I don't want to Google and spoil the actual identities of all the Allies, but: are there any female party members?

Also how are some of y'all beating this so quick? Are you not rummaging through every house like a crazy person and spending probably 10% of your time changing clothes to make the most fabulous outfit?

Yes there’s one and she is arguably the most powerful combat buddy in the game.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

precision posted:

okay, i'm leaning more towards that being funny than lazy now

lotta great incidental dialogue if you pick trans girl though. "hey new kid, you've got pretty hair for a boy"

I think that dialogue is the same no matter what and possibly dependent on your outfit. I picked cis girl and they all still treat me like a boy, but say stuff like that or like how Butters frequently comments on how pretty you are “for a boy.” The boys all just think you are a boy, which is why they let you play with them in this game and the last. Cartman even changes the password to the hideout to “No Girls Allowed” after the female party member is introduced. The adults are the only ones who see and comment properly about your gender (except for like Mr. Mackey).

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

uuggghhhhh is there any way to bypass this stupid stripper fight? The turning stealing is really drat annoying

I had issues with this as well until I just spammed the dash moves like the speedster one and captain diabetes' sugar rush (which I think is triangle on ps4). It'll always push you forward and ahead of the strippers and destroy the obstacles. Always just keep dashing forward and you'll get to the end of the room and the fight will end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Jingleheimer posted:

If you sell all your scrap you can get a bunch of money, and I learned from one of my coworkers that it won't take the money back from you if you use the buy back option. I just kept selling and buying my scrap a bunch of times until I had like $1k and I never had to worry about money again.

Might want to get more because you need at least $5k to buy the assassination contract from the city wok guy to be able to get a selfie.

Also for this tip if you have at least 2997 of an item, you can make it so that you don't have to keep increasing the quantity to sell to 999 and it'll keep the value when going between the buyback menu and sell menu.

• Locked thread