Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

Nope.

Also why do people keep asking this? I mean I love some of Obsidian's games (or just one really, Fallout New Vegas), but I've seen people say they refuse to play this new game because Obsidian didn't make it. It doesn't matter, it's the same engine, it's a lot of the same assets except for new ones probably designed by Parker and Stone, other than the combat system it plays the same, and Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the writers, directors and general creative team still.

the people who make games doesn't matter, it's the same engine and some of the writers are the same so who cares!

what

I was looking forward to this particularly because of the changes to the combat but it's sounding like it's all ludicrously easy and the combat is monotonous and lacks any sort of challenge. Can anyone confirm this please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It's not just writing with Obsidian. It's design. They 'get' a lot of what makes games fun for people. The exploration, the surprising details, coding in unorthodox scenarios, etc. Alpha Protocol is still one of my fave games of all time for this reason.

It bothers the hell out of me that this game doesn't lock off tons of areas for backtracking but almost never offers meaningful/interesting rewards for those who do. And the way that collectibles are just text now. The humor is yet again tons of 'hey remember this thing that exists in the show' which was kinda charming for the most part in the first game but is now just overdone as of the first area.

I know I sound cranky lol, I was just hoping it would take some steps forward where it instead took steps back.

• Locked thread