Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

ihatepants posted:

Thank you for listing all the episodes to watch that are related to this game.

Also, I found this pretty funny when you try to skip the opening cutscene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9BpdFTtcsA

Ahaha, nice

You also get a nice little easter egg if you already know the password to the Coon Lair and enter it without getting it in-game.

I haven't gotten too far yet, but I want to know if there's some way to walk around in regular clothes. Maybe as an unlockable later on or something? I really like the secret identity look and style of my New Kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Oh my god Stan literally just quoted (throwaway ref spoilers) Gurren Lagann

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I've gotten to the reveal of who the kingpin behind the rise of crime in South Park is and I laughed my loving rear end off out loud, IRL.

I should have known all along!

Edit: I really appreciate the small details of what happens if you repeatedly light the Channukiah in Kyle's house.

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 18, 2017

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

King Vidiot posted:

So, without specifics here, does the game ever "open up" like the last game did and get into some big, legitimate threat against the town like in the last game? I liked that in Stick of Truth, the game pulls back from the LotR fantasy stuff and suddenly you're fighting actual drat zombies in the middle of the kids' make-believe story of the stick of truth. That mash-up of imaginary fighting and then a real, dangerous threat is one of the things I liked the most about the previous game. I think if the game were just superhero poo poo for the entire game I think it'd get tiresome.

I haven't finished the game, but the plot develops to the point that you do fight real, dangerous things/people. You still do it while pretending to be superheroes, though, and somehow when you say you've set them on fire they, I dunno how to put it, "play along"? and do get set on fire. Maybe when you throw a fireball you're REALLY throwing lit candles or something. There's an intentional blurring of lines of what is just playing along with imagination rules and what is real.

Edit:

King Vidiot posted:

e: V Well that makes me hopeful then. I expected you to still be a superhero team, I just meant instead of it being like you're just doing the Netflix franchise thing that it actually turns into something bigger.

It's both, you're saving the town because you need to in order to do the thing you wanted to do from the start, which will let you get a Netflix franchise.

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 18, 2017

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I just beat the game!

I really liked it, my only complaint is that I feel that it sort of ended really abruptly, even though I could tell that I was in the final stretch of the game.

• Locked thread