Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Add me to the list of people who beat it and are disappointed.
There's so much that feels like it's missing.

Stick of Truth was fairly shallow too, but, it was way deeper than Fractured is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jerusalem posted:

Yep.

I have to second that as much as I enjoyed the game, I preferred Stick of Truth. Yeah the combat was a lot easier but it had a fun charm to it - the combat in this one isn't particularly complicated either but doesn't feel quite as fun as SoT's was.

Agreed. It was a lot more entertaining for characters to pull out lighters and hairspray for Cone of Fire spells than to actually be throwing fireballs. I suppose the argument could be made that it's all imaginary, but still, it was nice seeing how it was "really" working.

And Call Girl was hands down my MVP party member, being able to snipe people from drat near anywhere on the board was invaluable to me. And I kept Toolshed for the Gurren Lagann references.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

the_american_dream posted:

Im just on the second day but so far captain diabetes and super Craig or my guys. I really would rather have the team with the funniest banter honesty. Craig seems to have something funny for just about every party member

Probably my favorite line in the game

Craig: "I always thought kites were lame."
Kyle: "Happy to change your mind, Super Craig."
Craig: "Who said I changed my mind?"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

This game was really good but the whole last third of it felt like "the production of this game went really long and we changed direction several times so here is all the cut content" mashed onto the end game.

It does feel like they were missing a lot of content, especially considering how long they pushed it back.

It bugged me that there was no option to Choose the Freedom Pals over Coon and Friends. I know it becomes a moot point almost immediately after, but still.
That, and the fact that there was no resolution to Cartman destroying Timmy's franchise flowchart. They never revisit that point at all, it becomes all Mitch Conner all the time. Considering this was all centered around Cartman trying to make himself the center of the franchise again, you'd think they would have touched more on that fact.

• Locked thread