Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

ihatepants posted:

Thank you for listing all the episodes to watch that are related to this game.

Also, I found this pretty funny when you try to skip the opening cutscene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9BpdFTtcsA

this alone convinced me to buy this today instead of waiting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is this one also by Obsidian?

Since your Google is broken (just kidding), no, it's not.

Also it just finished downloading! Hooray!

What I really liked about the first game is that it was funny in ways that South Park the show hasn't been funny in years. The whole "now they just act like adults" complaint is 100% OTM, though I still like some episodes (And I did think the season before the current one was great)

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

ihatepants posted:

Oh my God. When you put the correct password to the basement door in the beginning of the game without looking for the clue for it first.

Cartman appears on top right of the screen dressed up like Bill Belichick with a headset and a Patriots hoodie and says “Hey, Tom Brady. You wanna play the game or do you just wanna be known as a smug cheating bitch for the rest of your life?

this happened to me and i bust out laughing

i'm just now starting the "real" part of the game and it's already amazing. i'm starting to think matt and trey should just do video games full time. the new combat system seems really dope

e: do artifacts just give you permanent bonuses? there's no Inventory tab for them :confused:

precision fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 18, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

how do you know if you achieve "mastery" of a toilet?

e: so i guess you can get infinite money by just pooping a lot and selling the poop? lmao

precision fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 18, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

pro tip: stand around doing nothing anytime you're doing something for/with Cartman

also in his basement at the beginning keep punching the Rubix Cube

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

I hope I didn't accidentally bug the Goth quest? I did the first step, and one of them let me take a selfie with him, but he wasn't added as a follower. I'm guessing you get all of them as followers once you actually finish their questline?

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

drat this game has a lot less combat than the first one, at least in the beginning, but it seems like every encounter is going to be more tactical now that I've seen what some of your party members can do

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

people are gonna say a lot of angry stupid words about the option to be transgender and what mackey says if you pick that and they'll miss the fact that he keeps being concerned with keeping continuity with the last game more than anything else which is hilarious. also the scene is very well handled

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

There is 5 options for the gender and 4 of them Mackey says the same though. Male Cis/Trans and Female Cis/Trans all say the same thing. It's the other option that is funny (and of course will upset some folks)

he says the same thing if you pick male? that's weird, why would that confuse him? when i picked female trans he kept being like "wait, we all assumed you were a boy" and calls your mom saying "well in stick of truth there was the whole king thing"

weird

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

The combat is a lot more tactical it seems. It's sort of a grid based JRPG style system.

Based on the 4 hours I've played this one is a lot longer.

As for the writing, it's still great but I haven't actually seen much yet. If you obsessively loot everywhere and get collectables it can be a while between plot.

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Hooooooly poo poo Timmy is amazing in this

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

I've got 9 hours on the clock and just picked my second class, seems a lot bigger than the first game, though a lot of my play time has been just exploring houses, which I feel like they could have made a bit more interesting, put some more sidequests in them or something. I'm still enjoying it more than the first game on balance though, I really like the systems and the combat and how they went with quality over quantity of combat encounters.

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Mosquito kinda sucks

Super Craig, Flashpass, and Coon seem to be the best so far. But I just now got to the part with Captain Diabetes and he seems okay, his super is really good.

I went Flamer/Psychic, setting enemies on fire and confusing them seems pretty good

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

I don't want to Google and spoil the actual identities of all the Allies, but: are there any female party members?

Also how are some of y'all beating this so quick? Are you not rummaging through every house like a crazy person and spending probably 10% of your time changing clothes to make the most fabulous outfit?

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

FisheyStix posted:

I laughed pretty goddamned hard when I got beat on for being a cis gendered boy. "We don't like your kind around here" jfc that nailed me for some reason

okay, i'm leaning more towards that being funny than lazy now

lotta great incidental dialogue if you pick trans girl though. "hey new kid, you've got pretty hair for a boy"

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Randaconda posted:

Randy at the strip club.

"I WANT MY KEYS!"

that whole bit including the fight was amazing

ihatepants posted:

I think that dialogue is the same no matter what and possibly dependent on your outfit. I picked cis girl and they all still treat me like a boy, but say stuff like that or like how Butters frequently comments on how pretty you are “for a boy.”

ah that makes sense. i started the game with a character that just looks like me, then right before i went to see Mr Mackey i crafted the Totally Not Scarlet Witch costume and decided to be trans, and yeah i think Cartman said that after i put on one of the "girl" haircuts

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Kaincypher posted:

i think maybe there are some minor changes, depending on your choices. I'm playing a bisexual cis-gendered latino irish female. Around the Coon and Friends table, I've heard chatter like "you've got some nice raisins, for a boy" or Craig's line "I'm gay, but for some reason I'm not attracted to you." Cartman's is my favorite, and probably generic "you're attractive, but not like as a man or a woman. You're like Prince."

Yeah the Prince line is my favorite.

How many ingame days is the game? I'm only on day 2, level 4 with 120 Light, I haven't even explored the top row of the town and already have 10 hours played, when I've seen people say they beat it in 12? Does it end abruptly or am I just slow?

Also is there anything in this one like the Canada part of the first game? If not, that better be DLC!

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

uuggghhhhh is there any way to bypass this stupid stripper fight? The turning stealing is really drat annoying

That's actually like the easiest part of the early game, just keep moving, it ends when you reach a certain point so don't worry about attacking. The turn interrupter should always give you a chance to move everyone out of the way.

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Man the dress up game is strong in this, I'm fighting crime looking like a neon pink and blue hair metal star

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Yeah I wish the soundtrack was on Spotify.

It seems easy to miss things or side quests, a lot of times they won't get marked until you go start them. For example the Craig/Tweek quest on day 2 only gets activated if you go to the coffee shop, and don't ignore messages you get asking for help (like at one point Cartman's mom asks for help on Coonstagram)

I was thinking it's easy to get tons of money from selling the thousands of crafting parts you get but if you want all the recipes and costumes you'll get barely enough money if you sell all but like 70 of each material

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

History Comes Inside! posted:

Borrowed this from my brother and finished it in a day and a half. Literally end to end, everything except the yaoi collectathon and 100% selfies in 13 hours of play.

Pretty glad I didn't pay full launch price for this because yikes. It's even shallower than SoT.

I've played 13 hours and am not even 1/3 through the main plot, and the systems/combat are a lot less shallow than Stick of Truth.

With the walk/run speed being what it is, and the cutscenes, I don't know how it's even possible to do "everything" in 13 hours unless you rush and never explore? Are you sure you did all the sidequests? Most of them don't appear on your map unless you actually go to a certain place.

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

History Comes Inside! posted:

I genuinely don't know what you've been doing for 13 hours to only be 1/3rd of the way through the plot, I opened every box, bag, drawer and fridge in every house and poo poo in every toilet I could find so I wouldn't say I didn't "explore" enough.

Yeah I don't know either. I mean, I do tend to leave games paused while I pack bowls or make coffee but that shouldn't account for such a vast differential. :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Blast of Confetti posted:

What class combos are people going with? I'm stuck between a blaster elementalist that drops AoE everywhere or wanting to make a lightning bruiser that has a lot of mobility and single target damage

On day 2, using the Blaster's Hadoken, and the "Confuse one enemy in range", "Damage and Defense Down in an X pattern" from Psychic, with the Psychic's Ultimate. Pretty much steamrolling everything, while not as simple this one seems just as easy as SoT so far.

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Waltzing Along posted:

Combat difficulty definitely jumped on day 3.

Yeah no kidding!

So in doing the mission at the end of day 2 (infiltrating the base), what happens if you go with Kyle on the roof? I found a side door, then went up there, assumed he was asking me to do whatever because it was the mission critical path, then went through the side door. The side door ended up leading me to the end of the level, and I even got texts from Kyle specifically saying "Hey are you coming to the roof?" and then "Fine, don't meet me on the roof, whatever, I'll see you later"

Are there two ways through the dungeon or did I miss something cool?

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't encounter anything that cut me out of achievements/quests etc like Stick of Truth had, the only exception being a quest in the police station to hand out headshots for the police psychologist/counselor has to be delayed until after night 3 because the police are told to shut you out but as the storyline develops you get access back.

That one is especially confusing because you get the ability that lets you complete the quest at the exact time you get locked out of the ability to turn the quest in. Seems like something that got messed up in development or was just poorly designed.

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

drrockso20 posted:

Do note that I meant Stick of Truth, not Fractured But Whole when I was asking about days

Oh, sorry. I believe I do recall certain things that could become unavailable in that one, yeah.

e: Hahaha, one of the hidden trophies: "Use every allies' Ultimate Attack in a playthrough, except The Coon's"

precision fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Nov 5, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

I got back to this game last night as a break from AC and polished off a couple sidequests and main quests (namely, the stuff right before and right after you unlock the last three party members)

Since I had managed to stay completely unspoiled I had no idea that Butters was a party member (I was assuming the last ones would be Tweek, Mysterion and Timmy ). I was so happy about that, you have no idea. :3:

Right now I'm thinking the most purely "gently caress you guys" party is Main Character with Blaster/Psychic/Elementalist (with all Brains powers so you can use one DNA to boost everything a lot) and Toolshed, Mysterion and Tweek.

Tupperware sticks out as being so much worse than everyone else due to the range of his moves, by the time I get him into position to do anything the fight is over.

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

The combat is so easy on Normal I didn't have to use a single item ever until Day 3 :confused:

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This game's combat is pretty solid for what it wants to be though, I like the variety of abilities and it felt like a meaningful decision as to who I put in my party. I really liked the tool guy's skill set, and Captain Diabetes is pretty aces. Mysterion felt exceedingly useless though. It was a solid rental. Seeing as they have a DLC bus station, maybe if they add some more content packs I'd purchase a collector's edition down the line.

Mysterion is actually super good provided you're using artifacts that boost critical. I found the best party to be him, Call Girl, and either Toolshed or Prof. Chaos

e: Tweek is God Tier also. Really, the only party member that isn't that good is Tupperware, because his range sucks

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

I do wish you had more customization options (well, any options) for party members, or that their moves "evolved" as you progress or something.

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Really, like I said, they're all good. Coon is a godsend in some of the battles for sure.

Any word yet on what the DLC is gonna entail?

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

I'm guessing that there's a secret playable character? Cause I got his character sheet but there's no way for me to even view it yet as there's no more room in the roster. Beginning of day 4.

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Did anyone make the choice to NOT fart on Jared?

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

Do you get anything from doing it though?

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

fit em all up in there posted:

What would be the best way to get money in this game ?

You'll have absurd amounts of money by selling crafting stuff (biohazard, tech, that stuff) because when you complete milestones you'll get hundreds of pieces of them in your chest at your house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

hug your posting pals

widespread posted:

Thought it was just the Gold Edition that came with Stick of Truth. But still, $22 for SoT when it's standalone is $8.

Nope, everyone got it for free on every platform. I didn't even know I had gotten it for free until a few days later when I got a notification from Sony saying "some people have had trouble with their free copy of Stick of Truth" and I was like :aaa:

Bust Rodd posted:

Where is SoT only $8? My brother loves these games on YouTube he’d be happy for one

It's 3 years old and sold really well so I doubt they're sweating it.

And yeah both games are very very good in different ways. SoT has much better menu game, FBW has far better combat, both are about equally funny.

• Locked thread