Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Rosabella: He stares at you. "Then what are the three of you planning? Are you working together? Are you a threat to me too?"

Rupert spends his String to offer you 1 XP if you tell him the truth about what you think of Wren/Cassidy and your relationship with them

What do you do?

Alicia: Kyle slams his fist into your nose, and you can see some of your blood on his hand. His next blow hits you in the eye as you yell for help. You hear the music suddenly stop and people begin taking notice of what's going on.

You take 1 Harm

But then Kyle is pulled off of you by some other guys, who start going "What the gently caress Kyle?!" One of them steps forward and helps you up. "Hey, sorry about that. Look, we'll take him away from the party...just let this go alright? We can't afford his dad getting mad at the school for this." Victoria is heading over, looking furious with her guitar in hand. People are whispering among themselves. What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at Jan 26, 2018 around 04:57

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009



Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Bitchface, Wren's Throne

I stare incredulously back at him, "Working together? Are you loving crazy? Do I look like I'd work together with those two...."

Wait a minute.

Threat to you, eh?

I sudden shift my tone, trying to look past this brutish display. Keep it innocent, Rosa... "Are... are they threatening you? I always knew those two were up to no good, but..."

I reach over and gently unpry his fingers from around my arm. Ah, good to have you back, circulation. Back to Rupert. Serious face. Sell it. "Look, I hate those bitches. I have... nothing to do with them. If those two are threatening you, they need to be stopped. I... We need to stop them. Can you tell me what they're doing?"

quote:

[10:42 PM] BOTSidekick: @Rosabella Park: 2d6+1 manipulate rupert = (6+5)+1 = 12
[10:42 PM] Rosabella Park: loving finally

Also, let me know if that's good enough for the 1XP

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Rosabella: Rupert stares at you for a moment, before putting his arm by his side. "I...think Wren is up to something. But I can't prove it. Tried to talk to her earlier but she and Cassidy attacked me. Was wondering if you knew something about Cassidy. Haven't found anything on her though." What do you do?

Go ahead and mark XP

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009



Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Bitchface, Wren's Throne

Finally. Rupert comes to his senses and lets me go. This lunkhead is dumb a f but at least he knows when to listen. I stretch out my arm and wince - bruise city - before putting on a compassionate face and understanding gaze. "Those two are as thick as thieves... I'm so sorry they attacked you - we definitely need to stop them. I don't know much about them - beyond that Cassidy smells like she slept in a garbage pile, or that Wren's got the fashion sense of a boomer in denial - but... we'll figure it out, right? We can work together to take them down. My connections... your muscle..." I pause to touch him gently on his chest, "what could go wrong?"

quote:

[11:05 PM] BOTSidekick: @Rosabella Park: 2d6+1 turn on rupert = (2+2)+1 = 5

Eh, maybe I'm not his type. Whatever. "Escort me in?" I say expectingly, holding out my arm.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: -

Aside from the pain, the main thing on my mind as his fist pulls back and lands again, making contact with my eye, is that maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all. And then the people step in, pulling us apart, and all I'm thinking about then is how much this loving hurts. Helped to my feet, I put a hand shakily to my nose, feeling the blood. gently caress. My other hand goes up to cover my eye, I don't know what to do when you get punched in the eye, but all I can think of is that I should probably not be using it. I didn't know an eye could even hurt this much.

Focusing my good eye, I look around, spotting Victoria coming towards me and almost manage a smile, but then I hear what they're saying to me. "Let it go? Let it *go*?!" Some of the blood from my nose has dripped past my hand and into my mouth. Gathering it up, I spit it out onto the floor, glaring at the guys holding Kyle, but mostly him. "He tried to - " I don't even want to say it, "he was beating the poo poo out of me!" What would the school do though? Put him in detention? Suspend him for a few days? No. That's not good enough, I can't go through the school for this. What's the Faerie way to handle this? Use my strengths here... "I want everyone to know what garbage you are Kyle. They all saw you attack me because I won't let you drag me off to get hosed!" If I could spit venom like I spat my blood, I would be, "Admit it and promise you'll never touch another girl unless she asks you too again, and I won't report you to the teachers." And when he breaks that promise...

GodFish fucked around with this message at Jan 31, 2018 around 00:53

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Rosabella: Rupert practically swats your hand away when you touch him. "I'll work with you but I'm not a date for you." he says.

Rupert takes a String on you

He abruptly turns away and walks toward the auditorium, leaving you behind. What do you do?

Alicia: Kyle lets out a bark of laughter. "gently caress you. You were the one who attacked me first. You'll get in trouble for fighting too." You see everyone awkwardly looking away from you - no one wants to help you out here and it'd be just your word against his. But then you hear Victoria say, "Don't make a deal with this rear end in a top hat Alicia, he'll just lie to you. I'll back you up if you go to the administration." What do you do?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009



Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Bitchface, Wren's Throne

Rupert swats my hat away and angrily storms off. A date for you? As if...

I quickly unlock my phone and snap off a few rage tweets and glam Snapchats to settle my nerves -

quote:

"Looking fine and feeling even better! H8ers can go party somewhere else. This is #myparty #glamnight #park18 #hallowinning"

- Seeing Rupert disappear into the doors, I follow behind...

...hello, what's all this commotion? It's like the entire party is transfixed on something going on over by the stage. From this distance, I can barely make it out, but as I near it becomes clear - Kyle is fighting with... Alicia? I overhear enough to tell that Kyle thinks he has the upper hand - and Alicia, gorgeous Alicia, is looking so unsure of herself, almost frightened. Oh, hell no.

I step past the gaping crowd and into the center of the ring. "The only problem with your genius plan, Mr. Tanner, is the a photo speaks a thousand words," I say, twirling my phone absentmindedly between my fingers. "Go to the administration all you want to - I'm sure they'll treat the situation fairly. I mean, the optics alone... the football captain beating up a defenseless female classmate..."

I suddenly pause my twirling. "You know," I say with a musing sing-song tone, "I hear that Buzzfeed is always looking for stories like this! And colleges just love an underdog story - you'll be just like Rudy, only with more mental handicaps!"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Rosabella: "I wonder what those same people would say when they find out your family supports North Korea," Kyle retorts back. The other team members don't look happy with you stepping in either. One of them says to you, "We're trying to fix this, can you not make it worse?" What do you do?

Renata: When the two of you are done, you see you have several text messages from Roswell.

quote:

hey you done with cassidy

quote:

you should hurry back

quote:

you there

What do you do?

Cassidy: The two of you get dressed and head back to the dorms to stop by your room for a brief visit. But as you approach the door you begin to feel like something off. First, you realize that the door is unlocked. Entering in everything seems fine but your instincts are telling you otherwise. It takes you a moment, but you realize that a few of you and your roommate's items are placed in different spots - whoever was in here did a pretty decent job of covering their tracks. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Going to the party, Brute, Buzzkill

Man, I almost forgot what it's like to be in a good mood. That little 'moment' we shared on the roof was just what I needed, and now here I am, with my arm around Wren's shoulders, talking, laughing, and smiling with her. It's funny how we went from almost killing each other to being... girlfriends? gently caress-buddies? poo poo, I dunno, but whatever it is, it feels good being around her.

...And whatever good feelings I might've had all go down the dumpster the moment I see the door to my room unlocked. "...This ain't right," I say to Wren, "My roommate ain't supposed to be back for a couple of hours." I approach the door carefully, putting my hand on the handle, and slowly opening it up. I enter, and say, "...Someone was here," I sniff the air a few times, "I can still smell them. Their scent is feint, but it's there," I go into full bloodhound mode, sniffing the area, and try to pick up the scent, "Some rear end in a top hat decided to snoop around in my room, and I think I might have an idea of who it is, and if it's who I'm thinking it is... then me and him are going to have a little 'talk' together," a 'talk' involving my fist to his face.

quote:

@Cassidy Slade: 2d6-1 Sniffing out the culprit = (2+3)-1 = 4

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: -

While Cass is doing her bloodhound act, I'm catching up on my texts from earlier. drat! Roz is way clingier than I expected. I'll have to sort that poo poo out. But, y'know, maybe later. Right now I'm still riding the good vibes from earlier. I perk up when she mentions a snooper, "Who the gently caress would creep on your room?" I pause. "You think it's Kyle? I wouldn't have figured he'd have the balls to do it."

I rattle off a quick series of texts to Roz while we chat. He did get me a pretty good costume, so whatever. Not gonna burn that bridge til I need to. 'Sides, he's easily the least-bad person I know with an R name, outside of my own bad self. Not exactly a huge feat given the competition, but...

@Roswell posted:

hey

@Roswell posted:

srry phone died

@Roswell posted:

charging it at cass's now, should be back soon

@Roswell posted:

hows the party?

I launch myself back onto Cass's bed and wrap myself up like a burrito in her covers. I've got some time to sort all this poo poo out while she works that sniffer of hers, just need to close my eyes a bit and focus on all the poo poo that's been going on and how it fits together. Rupert... Roswell... Cass... The last thought almost sends me down a different path entirely, a needy ache and a matching heat spreading through my body, but I try to stay focused. Who would have it in for us?

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 12:22 PM
@Wren Díaz: 2d6-1 gaze into the abyss = (1+4)-1 = 4

XP, at least!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009



Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Bitchface, Wren's Throne

Man, is this guy as dumb as I think he is or did he already max out on CTE exposure... hey that was a pretty good one I should say it out l... "Wow, you're either a complete idiot or they already got you maxed out on CTE... do you seriously not realize that everybody already knows my dad dealt with the commies? Like, that's literally how you know," I stare at him like one stares at a beautiful dress with a tear down the side.

Some things are just impossibly broken to begin with.

I try hard not to not roll my eyes (Whoops, I failed) as I bend down to pick up Alicia off the ground and start to escort her towards the nearest wall of gaping crowd. One of Kyle's goons whines about something - seriously, do they recruit directly out of pre-school? - and I snap back, "Make it worse? From what I can tell, this is a pretty clear case of felony assault. Your biggest problem is probably the decision of whether to make Kyle Punch-a-lot here our very own Brock Turner or whether to go down with the ship. I know which side of the fence I'd land on, but then again, I probably will end up doing more than just flipping burgers and doing lines of meth in the fast food bathroom once I graduate. Now, if you'll excuse us..."

As I help her walk, I can already tell Alicia's got a nice black-eye forming - Couldn't Kyle punch the non-pretty part? Oh wait... there is none... - and the stream of blood from her nose is punctuated by a pretty remarkable dent pushing it out of line. Broken, surely. "How you doing, hon?" I whisper softly so that no one else can hear. "We'll get you cleaned up."

quote:

[10:52 PM] BOTSidekick: @Rosabella Park: 2d6+1 turn on alicia = (3+4)+1 = 8
string/self/promise

With my other hand, I'm snap off a quick text to Emmie to grab the first aid kit and meet us in the nearest ladies room. Now, just to hope these goons get the message and clear out.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Cassidy: The scent is here, but just barely out of reach. Like trying to remember something on the tip of your tongue. Focusing harder you can feel the wolf inside you practically snarling at the intrusion of your home. Giving into it would let you find out what went on, the heightened senses it would bring are just what you need - but then you'd be unleashed on Gutermuth. What do you do?

If you give in and find out what went on here, become your Darkest Self

Renata: Rupert, Kyle...possibly all the other people Cassidy has pissed off. There might be quite a list to go through it seems. But your thoughts are interrupted by the sounds of texts from Roswell coming through:

quote:

i thought you were just getting cass away from the party why are you in her room

quote:

what were the two of you doing for so long

Seems he might actually have seen through your lies. What do you do?

Rosabella: "It looks to me like you're trying to bring someone else down so you look better," Kyle says. "You weren't even here when she flipped out just because I tried talking to her. So you can lie about that, but everyone else can disprove it." What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: -

Jesus, he couldn't possibly be this dense. Could he? I mean, yeah, me and Cass only really started hooking up on the regular today, but I mean, look at us. Cass is like the butchest person you can imagine, plus I've been dodging that lovely hunting trip invite for what feels like weeks. Ugh, loving men. I had hoped this wasn't going to turn into a thing, but if it is? gently caress it. I'll blow his goddamn mind. I mean, what's he gonna do? I'm loving immortal, for better or worse, and Cass turns into the kind of thing that makes a big-game hunter poo poo their pants. 'Sides, it isn't like I plan to stop scratching that itch anytime soon. Hell, or ever. poo poo's goddamn addictive. She's goddamn addictive.

@Roswell posted:

loving

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009



Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Bitchface, Wren's Throne

Okay, enough.

I turn squarely to Kyle and adopt the most condescending tone that I can muster. "Oh my god, please stop Monday morning quarterbacking your own loving assault and battery. Everybody knows that the one that's bleeding is the one that's the victim."

quote:

[10:48 PM] BOTSidekick: @Rosabella Park: 2d6+2 shut down kyle = (1+1)+2 = 4
Was going to give him a Guilty condition but noooo dice bot had to disagree. Hard move me, Heliotrope.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Renata: There's a moment of silence, and you see he pauses multiple times while sending a message back:

quote:

what the hell

quote:

i thought we were going to hang out

quote:

i even got a costume for you

quote:

whats your deal

What do you do?

Rosabella: "It's called self defense, dipshit. And everyone knows you're just taking Alicia's side because you're desperate for her to notice you."

Kyle gives you the condition Desperate

From the way people are looking at the two of you, Kyle is somehow coming off better in this exchange. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: -

Sometimes, not often, I can see the appeal of lying. It would be so much easier to get Kyle the fate he deserves if I'd let myself. I could do it, open my mouth and let that spill out, but... I won't. Opening my mouth, before I can tell him that I'd happily take him down with me, Victoria steps in. Even though the pain in my face, I manage a smile for her this time. "Ye-" Cut off again by another attractive girl, I give Rosabella a grateful smile as well, and sink into her arms gratefully. Of the girls I've had thoughts of in the school, Rosabella is the last one I expected to be the comforting figure to me, but, hell, I'll take it.

But for all her efforts, it isn't going well. Kyle's 'important family' is too much for the students, that and their biases, probably, so they're happy to go along with protecting him for this. I'd be a few of them don't even think he was wrong. The scum. "Thanks." I whisper the words to Rosabella, squeezing at her hand. "Kyle. Shut up." Stepping forward, I move my hand to Rosabella's shoulder, staring Kyle into the eyes. I want to get out of here, but I want to get him more than that. Hurt him. Tear him down how he's trying to tear Rosa down. Even if normally I might think she could use it. "I painted the picture Rosabella is using for the centerpiece of her party, do you think I'd do that for someone I haven't noticed? And self defense isn't beating the poo poo out of a girl's face, it's pushing away someone trying to drag you off to a bathroom to gently caress, you lovely little rapist." Glaring hard enough to light him on fire, I turn. "Victoria, Rosa, lets go. Kyle can defend himself to the principal, not this crowd of 'innocent bystanders'."

@Alicia Lee: 2d6-1 shut down kyle, alicia to the rescue? = (5+4)-1 = 8
Giving him the condition: lovely little rapist

GodFish fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2018 around 01:31

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Going to the party, Brute, Buzzkill

I hear the beast inside of me speak, "Find them," it snarls, "Find the one who dares to intrude into your home, and make them pay! Tear their throat out! Splay their guts on the floor! Tear into them until they are nothing but a pile of bloody limbs! Unleash me, and let us begin the hunt!"

"Ggh...!" I double over, clutching my head with both my hands, and do everything I possibly can to stop the beast from coming out. Not now. I can't let it take over now. If I unleash it now, then there's no telling what it would do. Resisting the change is... it's hard, but I somehow managed to do it, but it leaves me feeling physically exhausted. I sit down on my bed, gasping heavily, sweat still pouring down from my forehead, and it takes me a few minutes to finally regain my composure again. I look back at Wren, who's laying down on my bed, texting away on her phone, "Glad you could make yourself comfortable there," I grumble at her, "Got no idea who was snoopin' in my room. Couldn't pick up the scent," I wipe away some of the sweat, and feel my breathing slowly returning back to normal, "So, what do ya wanna do now? Do ya wanna head back to the party, or do ya wanna go do something else?"

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009



Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Bitchface, Wren's Throne, Desperate

Note to self - destroy Kyle Tanner. I don't care how. Wreck him.

Luckily, it'll have to wait, as Alicia pipes up and delivers a wonderful riposte. drat, girl - are you always this attractive? I catch myself staring and quickly return to a more composed state, then nod as Alicia asks to leave. I continue holding her up though, Victoria can trail behind. Maybe we can ditch her somehow before we get to the ladies room...

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Alicia: "Don't flatter yourself, I was just trying to talk to you. Not my fault you decided to start a fight and then stir poo poo up."

Kyle gives you the condition Drama Queen

What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Drama Queen

"Suck my dick Kyle." Turning away, I hold my middle finger up in the air for him to see and let Rosabella lead me off. I'm done here.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Alicia: The four of you head out, people awkwardly moving out of the way. Victoria gets a cold drink from a vending machine and puts it against your eye. You reach the girl's locker room and head in, Emily taking out a first aid kit. Victoria starts wiping the blood from your nose off. "You doing okay?" she asks. What do you do?

Rosabella: Seems like Alicia wants Victoria with her. She's even taking care of Alicia right now. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: -

I tap out a last few responses to Roz, then pocket my phone as I look up at Cass.

@Roswell posted:

my dude

@Roswell posted:

the agreement was that you'd get me a costume

@Roswell posted:

and i would go hunting on halloween

@Roswell posted:

we're headed back now anyways

@Roswell posted:

we can hang, but im not gonna ditch cass

@Roswell posted:

your call
I say, "Yeah, pretty nice bed you've got. These are some comfy-rear end covers. And..." I look closely, noticing the sheen of sweat, "You ok? I'd like to catch the party, but if you're not feeling it..."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Renata: You hear the sound of new texts arriving:

quote:

you lied to me and then went off to gently caress someone else
]quote]and only told my the truth because i realized you were lying[/quote]

What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Going to the party, Brute, Buzzkill

"I'm..." I pause for a second, "...I don't know." I lay down next to Wren, and stare up at the ceiling, "...I almost lost myself there. I could feel it coming out, and it almost did," Another pause, "I feel like I'm walking on the thinnest goddamn tight-rope everyday, and if I'm not careful, I'll fall down a deep hole I'll never be able to get out of, and I'm just so loving tired of it," I give a deep sigh, "I wish I could just... let go sometimes. Say gently caress it, and let the beast inside of me run free... but I can't," I shake my head, "I can't do that," I turn my head to the side to look at Wren, "You saw it. You know what it is like. it is vicious, and it'll hurt whoever'll get in it's way... but that ain't the worst part. The worst part... is how good it feels to it out. There's something... freeing about letting the beast take control," I go back to staring up at nothing, "...And I hate it."

I sigh again, "Sorry. Didn't mean to go all heavy on ya. Guess I got more baggage in me than I thought."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: -

I look at my phone and shrug, tossing it to the side. Sounded like a dude gettin' mad that I wasn't falling over to get his dick wet. Sucks to suck, I guess. Anyways, Cass is dumping her heart out, so I should probably get all clued in to what she's saying. Important poo poo, not like Roz's bitching. I listen, I really do, and I wrap my arm around her. I say, "It fuckin' sucks. I'm not saying that I totally get it, but kinda. It's like you're always on the knife's edge, right?" I get that. Needing that hit of excitement, of fulfillment... If I let it go too long, I bet it's not far off from that. "Anyways, no worries. It's not like I haven't done the same." A brief pause, then I snort. "Hell, this is way less awkward than the morning after you tried to eat me."

I squeeze her another time for good measure, then say, "So you wanna hit the party or what? Maybe we could track down Alicia, huh? Have a little... impromptu art sesh, if you know what I mean."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Going to the party, Brute, Buzzkill

I let out a bark of laughter, "Hah! That's true. Funny how we went from almost killing each other to loving each other instead, huh?" I say, with a smile on my face. I quickly go red though at the thought of spending some 'private' time with Wren and Alicia. "...Y-yea. Let's head back."

I hold Wren's hand, and pull up along with me out of my bed, "Uh, Wren?" I say, my hand still holding hers, "...I know this going to come off as some cheesy bullshit, but, uh," I nervously scratch my cheek, "I'm... I'm glad I know you."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: -

I let Cass pull me up and I grin when she gets all sappy and stuff. I mean, I'm not disagreeing. She's probably just about the best drat thing to happen since I died. I say, "Heh, you said it. One of those is a helluva lot more fun than the other. And..." I squeeze her rear end with my free hand. Nothing says I can't still tease her, right? "I'm glad I know you too. Let's roll."

Think that's us headed back to the party!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Drama Queen

"Yeah." I make a bit of a face, from what's visible under the soda can I'm holding to my eye and the wiping of my nose, which isn't much. "It's just a black eye and a ...broken? nose. I'll live, right?" Despite the confident tone of voice I'm trying to project, it doesn't seem too convincing coming out nasally and a bit pained. Reaching up, I rest my hand on the back of the one Victoria is using to clean my face, thanking her silently. "Oh, Rosa." Turning my one eye on her, I manage a faint smile again, "can you take a picture of me before I'm too presentable? I want some evidence." I wan som ebidence. Ugh.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Renata and Cassidy: The two of you leave Cassidy's room and head back to the auditorium. The party is still going on, but you notice people are talking to each other in low muttered tones. What do you do?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009



Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Bitchface, Wren's Throne, Desperate

I nod as Alicia asks for help documenting her injuries, whipping out my phone and taking some quick snaps without bothering to set the frame or adjust for lighting. Inside, I'm seething. This bitch Victoria is swooping in and getting all the attention? We'll see about that...

I casually lean against the nearby sink, "Of course, dear. If only somebody had prevented the injury in the first place," I add, my eyes boring into Victoria's ugly face.

quote:

[1:54 PM] BOTSidekick: @Rosabella Park: 2d6+2 shut down victoria = (1+6)+2 = 9
Giving the condition: Just stood there

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: -

It's not too long into our triumphant return to the party before I'm cottoning on that something weird must've gone down while we were off scratching itches. People are just kind of muttering in groups. Weird, huh? Especially when it's supposed to be so hopping. After all that talk from Rosabella... heh. I gotta admit, I was expecting a little bit more than that. Anyways, nothing to do but grab a drink and catch up on the gossip, huh? I snag a glass of whatever panty-droppers they mixed up for the punch and take a swig before pulling a face. Jesus. It's like eating a big-rear end scoop of sugar with a vodka chaser.

'Course, it's not all a waste. Who else do I run into than what's-her-face from Rosabella's posse? Newtie, I think it was. The pink one. I maneuver around her and say, "Heya, Newtie. What the hell went down? I was out catching some air and the place went all weird in the meantime." You know how the drink table gets, yeah? Enough people are bumping around for a refill that we're gettin' more than a little physical just by standing next to each other. poo poo happens. "Oh, yeah, gotta say. Nice job on the decorations."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:06 PM
@Wren Díaz: 2d6+2 Turn On Newt = (2+1)+2 = 5

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Rosabella: Victoria pauses for a moment when you glare at her. "I was on stage playing and didn't hear or see anything at first. Why are you getting mad at me? Shouldn't we focus on helping Alicia and making a case to the authorities?"

She gives you the condition Hostile

What do you do?

Alicia: Seems like Rosa and Victoria are having some kind of argument. What do you do?

Renata: "Oh! Thanks!" She takes a drink from her cup. "Uh, well, Kyle and Alicia had a fight. She claims he was trying to drag her off and he claims she just attacked him. Uh...then she, Victoria, Emily, and Rosabella left." She pauses for a moment, before remembering something. "Oh yeah, we got something new from one of the guys who supplies us. Says it's a new thing, supposed to really enhance everything. I thought maybe you'd like to try it first?" She takes out a gray, bland looking pill. But as you look at it, it suddenly seems to gain color, almost shining in brightness. The color shifts - red to blue to pink to yellow to violet...it just keeps going. Newt doesn't react to this at all, and you realize she's not seeing it. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: -

I look at Newt, then the pill, then Newt again. That poo poo looked... well, it looked like it was full of Truth. That place that had made me like this to begin with. Now, was it a smart idea to put that poo poo in my mouth? Nope. Was I probably going to? Yep. But... eh, what the hell. Might as well drop a little wisdom on Newt before I launch myself into some sort of drug-fueled craziness. I take it and say, "Sure, yeah, I'll test drive for you. Might want to hold off until you see how it hits me, alright?"

A hint of a thrill fills me as I pop the pill and wash it down. One thing's for drat sure. Whatever happens... it's gonna be interesting.

Might count for the Thrills hunger?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Drama Queen

I make an unhappy noise that comes out more like "Nngh." Than what sound I was trying to make, but I'll play it off. "Hey, don't fight." Giving Victoria's hand a pat with mine, I reach over to give Rosabella's knee a squeeze, it being the only part I can reach from here, then groan slightly as I adjust the can of soda against my eye. "You both came to help me as soon as you could. I'm going to need you both for this, it's us against the school. So don't fight, please. For me?" I look from Rosa to Victoria, then back to Rosa, since she's the main one doing the fighting here, and smile vulnerably at her through my injuries.

quote:

@Alicia Lee: 2d6+2 turn on Rosabella = (5+3)+2 = 10

String, Gained

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009



Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 4/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Bitchface, Wren's Throne, Desperate, Hostile

Victoria pleads annoyingly , gross, but Alicia wants me to stop. I flutter my eyes then shrug. "Fine... I'll play nice... for now." How can I deny such a request asked so sweetly? Plus, she really does look in pain. I should give her some special care... but how to get her away from Victoria...

"But!" I continue, "In exchange... you'll have to show me that new painting of yours! I've been dying to see it all day now. Feeling up to letting me escort you there?" I hold out my hand sweetly, letting Alicia fully take in my silhouette.

quote:

[3:59 PM] BOTSidekick: @Rosabella Park: 2d6+1 turn on Alicia = (3+1)+1 = 5

OOC this is bullshit dice bot

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Going to the party, Brute, Buzzkill

Yea, I might've gotten a bit distracted by all muttering going on around us. Wonder what happened? Actually, I wonder where Alicia went? I don't see her around anywhere.

I turn back to Wren, and see her talking to one of Rosa's girls. I think her name's Newt? I get closer to them, and put my hand down on Wren's shoulder, and say to her, "Whole party's looking pretty dead now, huh? Wonder what we missed." That's when I notice Wren was looking a little... strange. Well, stranger than usual, anyways. "...Hey, Wren, are you feeling okay?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Renata: As you swallow the pill, you feel the familiar sensation, that bit of relief from the nothingness, the spark from the rush of doing something dangerous.

Yeah this counts as fulfilling your Hunger for Thrills

For a moment, nothing changes. Newt looks at you, waiting to see how you react. She opens her mouth and says something, but too quietly for you to hear. Then you realize you're hearing everyone else's voices amplified. It's drowning her out. She has a red mark going around her neck. The sounds of shoes stepping on the floor, drinks being poured, hands brushing against fabric...you hear it all. You feel what seems like a whack on the shoulder, only to realize it's Cassie putting her hand on you. As she speaks, you see a mouth full of fangs, dripping with some kind of liquid. When she asks her question, it's like she's shouting into your ear, the sound mixing in with everything else going on in the auditorium. What do you do?

Alicia: When Rosa asks her question, you suddenly see it - she's trying to use what just happened to get in between you and Victoria. She's jealous and trying to get you to exclude Victoria so she can have you to herself. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: -

Jesus. I've run through my fair share of party drugs, but this is seriously so far beyond anything I've done. Newt wasn't kidding when she said everything was intensified. It's hard to even think with all the stimulation. I briefly touch Cassidy's hand, the heat from her skin almost feeling like a stove burner, and I say, or try to say, "Hey, uh, can you take me somewhere quiet? This is... this is a lot." My mouth is moving, I know it is, I can feel the muscles working, but... I practically shout that again and finally I see that she heard me. I pull at Cassidy's arm, inviting her along, and follow Newt. It looks like she knows a place, but if she said where we're going, I didn't hear it.

Taking +1 forward to my next move from Satiety!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Drama Queen

"Not 'for now' Rosa, come on." I can't help but smile a little through my injury at Rosabella's response. I don't like the 'for now', but it's so obvious what she's doing. She wants me. And I like that. "As for the painting... I would... but I sent Newt to go and get it to take to the party, so it's over there now. And I'd rather ..." I hesitate for just a moment, holding back a small shudder, "not go back tonight." Adjusting the soda can again, I let out another small groan. "Lets just go to the teachers, or... why don't the four of us," can't forget Rosa's friend whose helping take care of me, thanks, uh... Emily. "head to my room and drink until we pass out?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Renata: Newt leads the two of you out of the auditorium and to a nearby classroom. You can still hear things going on, but it's a lot more bearable now. She looks at you and says, "Are, uh, are you okay?" She's saying it somewhat quietly but to you it comes out like she's raising her voice. What do you do?

Cassidy: It takes you a moment, but from the time you leave the party to when you enter the room you realize that Wren probably took something and is having some kind of reaction to it. What do you do?

Rosabella: Seems like Alicia isn't going for it. But something else occurs to you - right now the people attending the party you decided to throw have alcohol and drugs on them. Alerting the teachers to what happened will mean breaking up the party and all that getting found. Do you still want to go to them or go with Alicia's second idea?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply