Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
  • Post
  • Reply
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 4/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Drama Queen

Of course. I shift uncomfortably, not particularly wanting to turn her down, but not willing to go ahead and hand it over either. "ah, that one..." Maybe I can talk her around to another one. "that's actually based off of some people I know from back home, it doesn't feel quite right to show it without their permission. I can contact them to see if they'd be okay, but I'm sure Holbrook would love some of these other ones!"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:05 PM
@Alicia Lee: 2d6+2 manipulate Ms. Olayinka = (2+5)+2 = 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 3/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: One of Them | Satiety: -

I think for a moment, then say, "Alright, how about this? Tell her that you're helping with some prep for Rosabella's history project and you need to reschedule or something. I think we're all on the same page of wanting this thing taken care of sooner than not. Plus, if we hit the library in town and grab a few books while we're out, it's not even like you're lying to her. And, hell, if things get complicated, I'm the bad girl, right? I strong-armed you into it." I shoot her a pretty saucy look at that. "If you gotta do it, sure, but I think we can kill a couple of birds if we hit Holbrook."

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009



Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Bitchface, Hostile

For a split second, I can tell my show is working, but then Rupert's eyes flash and I know I've gone too far. Pain blossoms in my wrist as he grabs it and yanks me towards him - his sweaty musk repulsive, I blanch but he's lifting me almost off my feet now. His eyes bore into me as he demands answers. gently caress, Rosa, too far on this one...

quote:

[11:48 PM] BOTSidekick: @Rosabella Park: 2d6+2 hold steady = (6+6)+2 = 14
Keeping cool, removing Wren's Throne

Still - nobody treats me like this. The last person... well, let's just say he's history and leave it at that. Rupert - whatever twisted game you wanted to play with me, this is game over. I don't need a loving wild card that just wants to dish out violence. Reject me - fine, whatever. This violence poo poo is just a betrayal. If you wanted to work with me - boy you better believe that only happens on my terms.

quote:

Taking a String on Rupert via And Your Enemies Closer

I place my hand on his shoulder to steady myself, then bring my knee fully into Rupert's testicles - those Krav Maga classes back in NY weren't just for the exercise and studly trainer. Still, something seems off...

quote:

11:55 PM] BOTSidekick: @Rosabella Park: 2d6-2 lash out at Rupert = (1+3) - 1 = 3
Experience

Well, this is going to hurt.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at May 29, 2018 around 07:27

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Going to the party, Brute, Buzzkill, One of Them

Wait, did I really just say that? What the gently caress Cassidy? Way to let your goddamn hormones take over.

poo poo, poo poo, poo poo. Okay, maybe I can still salvage this whole situation. "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Okay, okay!" I run up to Emily, and stop right in front of her, "I'm sorry, alright? I totally misread the situation there! I apologize for sounding like such a creep back there." I sigh, relaxing my posture a little, and shoot Emily an apologetic look, "I know you're worried about your friend, I get that, but I promise you, we're not planning on doing anything bad to her, and besides," my expression shifts to a slightly more dejected look, "It's Wren she's interested in. Not me, and trust me, I know, better than anybody else, what Wren can be like, but she's actually a good person, I swear," well, she's good most of the time, anyways.

I rub the back of my neck, and say, "Look, this doesn't have to be a big deal, alright? Maybe you and me can still work something out?" I wave my hands around in a panic after I realized what I just said, "Not in that way! I mean the normal talky kinda way!"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Alicia: She shakes her head. “Your other work is great, no offense. But they do not compare! I’m sure the couple will be fine,” she waves away that concern with a hand. “This one,” she simply says again. What do you do?

Rosabella: Rupert backs away as you put your hand on his shoulder, and suddenly slams you into the wall. He begins frantically punching you, saying “Leave. Me. Alone.” and “Tell Wren I’ll do even worse if she keeps this up,” as he hits you, knocks you around, kicks you and just whales on you.

Take 2 Harm

And then it stops, and he looks down at you. He stares for a moment, blank eyes showing nothing. Then he turns around and leaves, not saying anything else. What do you do?

Renata: Newt sends the message, and jumps a little when it comes back. She looks worried. “Oh. Oh no, she knows I think maybe? She said she’s going to ask Rosa oh god what do I tell her uhhh-“

She starts hammering something back in a panic. What do you do?

Cassidy: Emily looks at you after sending a text. “All right. We can work something out. Help me keep Octavia and Wrenata away from each other and I won’t tell Rosabella about what you did. I’ll even pretend that part of the conversation never happened? Deal?” What do you do?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009



Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 2/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Bitchface, Hostile

Pain. Everywhere. Jesus. gently caress.

I'm just gonna lay here for a bit...

...

I finally manage to pull myself up to a sitting position, leaning against a nearby water fountain, and pause to survey the damage. Pain is blossoming from drat near everywhere, but most of his blows seem to have landed on my side and shoulder. I try to move my left arm and lightning bolts of agony stagger me. Great - broken forearm. Bruising drat near everywhere else... torn clothing, check... and I'm pretty sure the blurriness in my vision on my left side is the result of a black eye.

Okay - breath. poo poo, not too deeply - ribs ow. Inhale, wince, exhale, wince. I use my right arm to slowly pull myself up to standing - at least my legs are managing to support my weight. I scan the hallway and find a convenient girl's room a few doors down. What seems like an eternity later, I'm hiding out in one of the stalls, door locked in a useless attempt at security. If Rupert wanted to come back and finish the job, he wouldn't have much trouble.

gently caress! How did I not see how goddamn crazy he was? I curse under my breath, wince, and try to brainstorm the best way forward. Pain keeps rolling in waves - that Ibuprofen I kept in my purse had better kick in soon...

quote:

[11:01 PM] BOTSidekick: @Rosabella Park: 2d6-1 gaze on how to best hurt rupert = (1+3)-1 = 3

The pain is too much to take for this - I need help. After some thought, I just say gently caress it.

Text to Mandy, Newt, Emmie posted:

Help. 2F girl's room. Bring first aid kit.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 3/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: One of Them | Satiety: -

Alright, alright. Newt is loving adorable when she gets all flustered. That said? I need to get her to chill. She's never going to be happy with herself and get out of those feelings I saw branded on her if she's just jumping every which way when her... friends... send her a text. I say, "Alright, look, we can figure this out later, alright? Me and Rosa got things all squared up, so don't freak that she's asking about it. She wants the project done ASAP, I want it out of the way so I can spend more time with..." I run my hand down the side of her arm. "...people I care about. I can't believe she's going to be mad about you helping us out, even if it is my idea."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:49 PM
@Wren Díaz: 2d6-1 Manipulate Newt (to chill) = (4+4)-1 = 7

What would it take?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 0/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Brute, Buzzkill, One of Them

I frown a bit over that. "Or you could let me just talk to Wren. There ain't no need to keep 'em seperated," I look down at Emily, and meet her eyes with mine, "Wren's my friend. I know her better than anybody else in this drat place. Lemme talk to her. I'll let her know you're worried about Newt, and I'll see what I can work out with her." I pause for a bit to think about my next few words carefully, and add, "You care about Newt, right? Doesn't she look a lot happier when she's around Wren? Do ya really wanna separate her from someone that makes her happy?"

quote:

<@177170518145892353>: `2d6+2` manipulate Emily (+1 for defending Wren) = (3+4)+2 = 9

Tagging One of Them to make that into a 10!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Rosabella: You hear someone come into the bathroom. "Rosa?" It's Victoria. "Rosa, what happened?" She must have seen you on your way in. "Are you okay?" There's a pause, as if she realized what a dumb question that is. "I mean, did Kyle hurt you?" What do you do?

Cassidy: "Will she though? I mean, apparently the two of you are bringing her into some weird sex thing with the three of you. Does Wren really care about her? And is she really going to be happy if - or rather, when - Wren gets them into trouble?" She looks at her phone. "poo poo. Something came up. Gotta go." What do you do?

Renata: "Maybe...uh, maybe you can talk to Rosa? Make sure she is? Fine with it I mean?" She glances at her phone and a look of worry comes across her face. "Uh. I think something happened. Can you come with me?" What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 3/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: One of Them | Satiety: -

I shrug, "Sure, whatev. Like I said, we're cool, shouldn't be a big deal." I notice her face fall when she checks her phone and add, "I mean, if it's something I can help with, sure, let's go."

I have no idea what the hell is going on now, but I guess there's only one goddamn way I'm going to get a little alone time with Newt at this rate. I swear to god, if this is just some bullshit girl drama, I'm going to do a loving kickflip off the Grand Canyon. Still... I have a feeling it's not. Newt seems like she has enough of a handle on that sort of thing. And if she wants my help? Things might get a little spicy.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009



Hot: 1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: - 1 | Dark: -1
Exp: 2/5 | Harm: 2/4 | Conditions: Bitchface, Hostile

I groan from inside my locked stall - Her? Are you there God? It's me Rosabella and you have some answering to do about how lovely my day has become.

I bite back tears as I start to think about trying to deflect - or worse, just chase her away. But as I look down at my swollen arm, I can't help but think this might be an opportunity. She's close to Alicia - maybe by opening this door, I can open up a few more later. I groan again, this time as I reach up and unlock the door with my remaining good arm. I kick the door open the rest of the way. I look like a truck's hit me but I do my best to pretend nothing's happened as I wave to her, "Hey."

Then, she brings up Kyle, "Ugh, I wish - that'd make things easier for getting him sent to juvie. No, this was all thanks to another school wacko - Rupert. I swear, it's like..." hang on "...like..." that's it! "It's like this school has a men's rights activist group that actively participates in violence."

I can already see the plan forming in my head, the media blitz, the interviews on talk shows. The heartfelt pleas for justice at press conferences. Oh, this is going to be good!

I toss my phone over to Victoria - "Quick, snap some shots of this" I ask, then I begin holding out my various injuries to throw up on Instagram.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Brute, Buzzkill, One of Them

I let Emily go take care of her business without saying a word, and once she leaves, I lean my back against the walls, arms crossed, and let out a heavy sigh. "How do I keep getting myself wrapped up in all this poo poo?" I grumble to myself.

I close my eyes, and think back about everything that's happened lately. A lot of poo poo happened over the past few days, more than I'm used to dealing with. There's everything with Wren, Rupert, the party, Newt, and the mystery stranger who broke into my room. I never figured out it was, or why they were snooping there in the first place, and it's been bugging the every living crap out of me. I know I had their scent, it was right there, at the tip of my nose, but I lost it. If I could just find that scent again, maybe I can get some drat answers.

quote:

/r2d6-1 #sniffing gazing into the darkness
@Cassidy Slade: 2d6-1 = (1+3)-1 = 3

At least I get some XP!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Rosabella: Victoria catches the phone and looks a little unsure, but begins taking the pictures. "Should we head to the nurse after this? Let's report Rupert." You hear people coming in. What do you do?

Renata: You and Newt head to the bathroom, with Emily, Mandy, and John also showing up. John decides to stay outside. "I'll just...let you guys know if anyone is coming by," he says. The four of you head in, where Victoria is taking pictures of a bruised and beaten Rosa.

"Oh my god Rosa!" Newt says in shock. "What happened?" Emily is taking out the first aid kid, and Mandy looks on with surprise. What do you do?

Cassidy: You head back to your room, nose ready to try and track the person down again. The scent has faded, but a tiny bit of it remains. You inhale, getting it in. The familiarity is there, again, just on the tip of your nose but-

"Hey! Cassidy!" You see Kyle has decided to let himself in. "I need your help with this whole Alicia thing. We gotta deal with it before the next game." What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hot: -1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: +1 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 3/5 | Harm: 1/4 | Conditions: One of Them | Satiety: -

I can't help but have my eyebrows raise when I see what Rosa got herself into in the like... five minutes, ish, since we were talking. I mean, poo poo. Let's be real. We're not friends. I don't ever see us being friends. Coexisting 'til we graduate without killing each other is about the best we can probably hope for. But holy poo poo. It's like someone took a bat to her or something. That's some real poo poo, and if they're going after Rosa... well, Newt may be in the line of fire. I'm not going to let that happen. I step forward and say, "Jesus. What happened?" A beat. "More importantly, who?"

There's some anger creeping into my voice for sure. I've got a feeling I know who it is, and I can still feel his fingers around my neck. Sounds like it might be time for someone to step up and lay down a little Gutermuth justice.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Hot: +1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: +2 | Dark: -1 || Experience: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: - Brute, Buzzkill, One of Them

gently caress! I had it! I almost loving had it! But that rear end in a top hat had to show up and gently caress everything up! Agh!

"And why," I snap to him, not even trying to hide any of my anger, and growl, "The gently caress would I ever help you out, huh!?" I make it clear, from the tone of my voice, that I don't have time for any of his poo poo. On any other day, I'd at least pretend that I'd tolerate him, but I can't right now. I'm way too loving pissed to pretend, and so is the beast inside of me. It's mad, almost as mad as I am. We had the scent, but it's gone now, and it isn't happy about it. It wants to come out. It wants to rip the one who dares to interrupt our hunt in two!

...Agh, no! I can't let it take over! Not here! I gotta control it, at least, for a little while longer. I know you're mad, Cassidy. You're really really really mad, but you can't let it come out. Just... hold it in. You can let it all out later, somewhere safe, when there's no people around.

quote:

@Cassidy Slade: 2d6-1 Shutting Kyle down = (1+6)-1 = 6

Weeeeeeelp

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Jun 9, 2018 around 20:42

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Cassidy: "Uh, because you're part of the team and this is going to affect all of us? And you know Alicia? Or want to gently caress her or whatever." He waves his hand dismissively. "Or do you not want to be on the team anymore? I mean, if you aren't going to be much of a team player why should you even be here?"

You feel the anger inside you boil over.

"Besides, it's not that hard for someone like you. Just tell her to knock it off. Oh, and get Rosabella to stop that stupid crusade of hers too. I'm the leader of the team, so follow my orders and what the gently caress"

Enter Darkest Self

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«6 »