Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

MatchaZed posted:

Do we have a separate thread for Steam Deck getting things working? Been struggling figuring out Xenia since I want to install Geometry Wars 2.

there's a deck thread and a general linux gaming thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973713
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4004994

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I recently put Evilnat CFW on my Slim PS3 but am quickly realizing that the 150GB Hard Drive in there fills up incredibly fast when you're storing bluray discs on there. What's the process for moving to a new Hard Drive?

I know the PS3 has a built in transfer tool, but I'm not sure if that still works correctly with the CFW going.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just use HEN, but I haven't had any issues using a fast microSD card in a small USB adapter for my PS3 games. PS1 games need to be on-console, though.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Echophonic posted:

I just use HEN, but I haven't had any issues using a fast microSD card in a small USB adapter for my PS3 games. PS1 games need to be on-console, though.

On CFW at least PS3 and PS1 games can be on USB and only PS2 games have to be on the console.

Jolo posted:

I recently put Evilnat CFW on my Slim PS3 but am quickly realizing that the 150GB Hard Drive in there fills up incredibly fast when you're storing bluray discs on there. What's the process for moving to a new Hard Drive?

I know the PS3 has a built in transfer tool, but I'm not sure if that still works correctly with the CFW going.

it's the same as a regular ps3. literally just turn off the console pull the old drive and put a new one in. You should be able to use the transfer tool to save existing stuff but I've actually never done that.

*edit* you do have to re-install Webman and other CFW apps, but the CFW itself sticks around just fine.

Substandard fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 5, 2024

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Substandard posted:

On CFW at least PS3 and PS1 games can be on USB and only PS2 games have to be on the console.

it's the same as a regular ps3. literally just turn off the console pull the old drive and put a new one in. You should be able to use the transfer tool to save existing stuff but I've actually never done that.

*edit* you do have to re-install Webman and other CFW apps, but the CFW itself sticks around just fine.

Ok cool. I wasn't sure if the firmware was installed to the hard drive that was being replaced or to some memory on the console itself.

Echophonic posted:

I hadn't really thought of that. That's good to know because the main downside to using the internal drive is that transferring a bunch of files over FTP is pretty slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I could have sworn I had issues with PSX games off of USB, but it's been a bit. I could be misremembering.