Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Going to another subject, is there a way to restore the license for the Ambassador Program games on the 3DS? I have them from way back when, but when I had to restore everything after something corrupted the system (been too long to remember), the gba ambassador program games no longer launch. The NES ones I got work just fine still, but the ten GBA games are not working anymore. I honestly don't care about keeping homebrew on the system anymore and rather just go back to stock, but want to fix the GBA games before I do that..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Redownload from purchase history?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

Redownload from purchase history?

Tried it and it still broke.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
You may need to install an unpatched version of AGB_FIRM from 3DNUS or something. IIRC patched AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM do not work properly with luma3ds due to luma patching the firms on the fly.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The Team Executor code apparently has some stuff that could brick your switch if activated and it detected you were using a pirated version of their software (which is used to also play pirated games)

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Oh, that's lovely.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Turns out companies releasing things to turn a profit off the piracy of software might not be the most trustworthy companies around.

:thunk:

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
My guess is that it was to "protect" against other vendors from selling knock-off dongles with cloned firmware.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Legal Roms Only Software DO NOT STEAL

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ExcessBLarg! posted:

My guess is that it was to "protect" against other vendors from selling knock-off dongles with cloned firmware.

I mean wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. I think I remember clones of Gateway flashcarts could brick your 3ds. Maybe they just bricked the flashcart, not sure.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It happened to the R4, a real R4 doesn't even exist anymore.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I am excited to finally hack my DSi XL. Does anybody have any experience with the cfw for it? How do I install the Four Swords.cia for example? I'm not asking how to do a piracy. It's a free game I transferred over to my 3ds and they won't let me transfer it back (I prefer to play it in its original resolution).

Also GBA games must look amazing on it due to the lower resolution and big screens. Does it use the DS internals that have gba hardware even though they got rid of the gba slot?

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I got a switch but it is already on 4.1 so is there any reason not to upgrade to 5?

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I just bought a New 2DS and want to basically take the micro SD from my homebrew’d New 3DS and have everything on the 2DS. What’s the process? Do I have to use a flashcard with NTRboot or whatever it’s called to manage this or is there just something I can throw onto the micro SD card to make it all work?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

What's the best method of playing GC games on the Wii U gamepad these days? I heard Nintendont doesn't work anymore for that

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Zas posted:

What's the best method of playing GC games on the Wii U gamepad these days? I heard Nintendont doesn't work anymore for that

I'm under the impression it still works you just have to either do individual GC game injections or setup a forwarder for nintendont (which means booting games through nintendont off of a sd card I believe instead of booting games through wii vc and your usb loader using nintendont which lets you put the games on a usb hard-drive)

Some sort of GBATemp guide from November 2017

edit: yeah okay the guide talks about making a wii u gamepad compatible Wii VC homebrew channel forwarder but removed some of the files for :filez: reasons? If you're getting the black screen when launching GC game injections on your wii u this is probably the only way to fix it but I don't know how to set up a gamepad enabled Wii homebrew channel on the Wii U as an injected VC game. Hope someone else can help ya.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 30, 2018

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

The Team Executor code apparently has some stuff that could brick your switch if activated and it detected you were using a pirated version of their software (which is used to also play pirated games)

Pirates making software to pirate software are mad pirates are pirating their software :laffo: it’s like Inception layers of stupid

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Zas posted:

I'm not doubting you but why would Nintendont stop working?

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
So I needed some space on my 11.7 DS and went into Freeshop to delete a 3.7gig game and while the game is no longer showing up in my system or in the games list in freeshop it never actually free'd up the space on the card because I cant install anything else because the system says there's not enough room?

What gives? Did I do something wrong? Also from looking at a glance, theres no possible way the games I have on this card can total up to 32 gigs, even with the 3.7 I just 'deleted'.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
This is what I feared and is probably the most plausible. Anyone know a way to unfuck this?

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 30, 2018

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

maniacripper posted:

So I needed some space on my 11.7 DS and went into Freeshop to delete a 3.7gig game and while the game is no longer showing up in my system or in the games list in freeshop it never actually free'd up the space on the card because I cant install anything else because the system says there's not enough room?

What gives? Did I do something wrong? Also from looking at a glance, theres no possible way the games I have on this card can total up to 32 gigs, even with the 3.7 I just 'deleted'.

I think you're supposed to delete games and other stuff via the sd card manager built into the 3ds settings. Not sure what freeshop is doing. Maybe deleting the ticket/title id but not removing the files off your SD card itself.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Did you look at the data management in settings? I feel like I've tried to delete from freeshop and was still able to delete the actual files from the settings menu. Worst case scenario, put your SD card in your computer and find a 3.7GB folder.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

maniacripper posted:

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
This is what I feared and is probably the most plausible. Anyone know a way to unfuck this?

You can always try dumping all of your SD card contents to a hard drive, format the SD card, then put the files back on the SD card. Could just be some weird SD card issue.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Pirates making software to pirate software are mad pirates are pirating their software :laffo: it’s like Inception layers of stupid

Apparently it gets worse in that it modifies a bunch of system code that has nothing to really do with making SXOS work too. Like it was a bunch of slapdash programming.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So basically, no way in hell should anyone ever use that in case they goofed up and a box accidentally gets ticked and it decides to brick your system.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

havenwaters posted:

I mean wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. I think I remember clones of Gateway flashcarts could brick your 3ds. Maybe they just bricked the flashcart, not sure.

It's not quite the same, but Everdrive firmware updates often intentionally brick Chinese clones.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

So basically, no way in hell should anyone ever use that in case they goofed up and a box accidentally gets ticked and it decides to brick your system.

Probably. TX says it’s so they can find out if another company just rips off their code but :rolleyes:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

Probably. TX says it’s so they can find out if another company just rips off their code but :rolleyes:

This is extra funny, since someone reverse engineered the SX OS code and their loader is comprised of an old version of the nx-hbmenu, a modified version of Atmosphère for all file system interactions, a modified kip1 loader (which is hekate i guess), and even their code talking to their license server is using an open-souce crypto-library. Note that license-wise all the open-source stuff can only be used if you provide the source code with your program. Guess what they're not doing.

Just about the only original code in there is the one that will brick your system by encrypting your entire storage plus boot partitions with some random password if you look at it funny.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Cojawfee posted:

Did you look at the data management in settings? I feel like I've tried to delete from freeshop and was still able to delete the actual files from the settings menu. Worst case scenario, put your SD card in your computer and find a 3.7GB folder.

So in starting to do this I noticed something weird about the SD card: I have two files, both have the child folders. One is 17 gigs which is I assume all the current games, and the other is around 10 gigs.

I'm thinking the smaller one is titles that have been removed but not wiped from the card?

VVVVVVVVVVVV

Cojawfee posted:

Mine has that but I don't know why. The names of folders should be a number which seems to be the game's ID. You can type the ID into the titlekeys website to figure out the name. Or find the game you thought you deleted, figure out it's ID and find that folder.

Thanks for the info I'll do that!

/edit it appears that all of those games were installed on my original sysnand when I first hacked it. I went ahead and deleted doubles of stuff and the space is back now thanks!

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 30, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Mine has that but I don't know why. The names of folders should be a number which seems to be the game's ID. You can type the ID into the titlekeys website to figure out the name. Or find the game you thought you deleted, figure out it's ID and find that folder.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Finally going to setup my hacked Wii U more or less permanently, I just don't remember one thing for rewiring, I have a Wii U hard drive and a Wii hard drive, I remember the Wii needed to ideally use a specific USB port but can't remember which it is.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
My memory says..the bottom one, if it was laying down?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I tried different search terms and it was suggesting the top one, which is USB 0.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's the top one.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
My Wii U has an error where it can't download anything from the E-Shop. Otherwise it's perfectly functional. Am I stuck with the browser exploit since I haven't bought Brain Age, or is there still a way to install CFW?

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

Die Sexmonster! posted:

My Wii U has an error where it can't download anything from the E-Shop. Otherwise it's perfectly functional. Am I stuck with the browser exploit since I haven't bought Brain Age, or is there still a way to install CFW?

IIRC if you are running the latest firmware you are stuck with the browser exploit.

That being said, if your goal is to install software that you have a valid ticket for its less of a problem. You really only need to do the browser hack when you install it, because it will be recognized as a perfectly legitimate application. If you don't have a ticket for it, then you are boned.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

BadMedic posted:

IIRC if you are running the latest firmware you are stuck with the browser exploit.

That being said, if your goal is to install software that you have a valid ticket for its less of a problem. You really only need to do the browser hack when you install it, because it will be recognized as a perfectly legitimate application. If you don't have a ticket for it, then you are boned.

Is there a newer method that is more consistent than the browser exploit? I hacked my Wii U like 1 to 2 years ago and haven't updated it, so I'm still using the browser exploit, and it only seems to work like 1/3 of the time.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Is there a newer method that is more consistent than the browser exploit? I hacked my Wii U like 1 to 2 years ago and haven't updated it, so I'm still using the browser exploit, and it only seems to work like 1/3 of the time.

If you have version 5.5.0 or greater, you can follow https://wiiu.hacks.guide/ to install haxchi on a vulnerable DS title*, I don't know about older firmware versions.

*The vulnerable DS Title must be a legitimate purchase.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

5.5.1's browser exploit was a little more stable than 5.5.2's but still wasn't that stable. If you can't get the eshop to work you're kind of out of luck on haxchi/a more stable way to exploit things for now. There was going to may be an exploit that used the amazon prime video app but it never came out and that wouldn't help you anyway since you can't get into the eshop.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oh my god... So I've recently installed Nintendont and holy poo poo... Despite the fact that I'm using the Classic Controller instead of a Gamecube one, it's amazing! I absolutely love that I can literally play any Nintendo system from the NES to the GC (that I care about) from this one console.

This is what Dr Poque wanted. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is there any way I could download the WarioWare demo without connecting to the eShop on my hacked New 3DS?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 5, 2018