Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh cool. Which is the goon approved flash cart?

R4i Gold 3DS, either RTS not-deluxe, or Plus.

If you have an Acekard 2i somewhere you get the bonus of it still works as a DS/CFW-3DS flashcard with ntrboot on it, but probably not worth buying new.

^ ^ ^ Technically yes whatever card works, but I'd pay more for less hassle and not at all for a timebombed card. And yeah, it's harder to find safe retailers of cards these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Lord Frisk posted:

Pretty cool how we need a system released in 2014 to emulate a system released in 1991.

If you want to do it well, not just "good enough", you need more than that. [Ars Technica, a Conde Nast joint]

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

gmq posted:

The eShop ban is kind of a big deal though, the 3DS bans allowed that at the very least.

Are they suggesting people could have downloaded unlicensed games right out of the Switch eShop with current hacks?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Froist posted:

Apologies for the lazy post, but I'm struggling to find the right info through Google in amongst all the "don't update!!" posts from when 11.8 first came out.

I have an n3DS running cfw on 11.6 - I'm pretty sure I updated to B9S last time I dabbled with it. What do I need to do to safely update to 11.8 to get rid of the update notification?

If you're on B9S you basically just do it. If Luma3DS crashes then just get the new Luma. (The latest may work before you update, so there's always trying that.)

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Saoshyant posted:

Does anyone know if this type of SD card works with the Wii U? Or what sort of brand/type should I look for in the 64 GB range?

The only difference between SDXC and SDHC is that SDXC are formatted ExFAT out of the box for compatibility with Windows of all things (which won't format anything larger than 32 GiB to FAT32). I don't know if they ever made SDHC in 64 GB sizes and they certainly didn't make any bigger.

To make an SDXC card readable in a Wii/U or 3DS/DSi you'll need to format it FAT32; if you have Windows your best options are guiformat or Rufus.

Short version: any card that size should work just fine eventually, but none will work out of the box.

From a compatibility standpoint, the adapter it comes with lets the microSD card work in a device accepting regular SD cards, like the Wii U. Make sure the version you get comes with the adapter.

From a performance standpoint, you chose well by picking a card with an A rating (an A3 would probably be better but it's contemporary with the 3DS so A1 is probably all you'll benefit from); while it's intended for running phone apps off an SD card (I'm not sure Android even does that anymore), it's the first time anyone's bothered to certify SD cards for random I/O, which IS relevant for Nintendo consoles, and they probably should have been doing it for decades. I don't know if full-size SD cards get A ratings.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 17, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

repiv posted:

The SD card spec mandates that >32GB cards must be formatted with exFAT, strictly speaking any system that allows formatting them to FAT32 is non-compliant. Thank the SD Card Association for that arbitrary limitation :shrug:

I mean, you're already in a thread about unshackling game consoles, do you really expect any response other than "gently caress 'em do it anyway".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

3ds.guide?

4.4.0-10U is an actual 3DS system software level.

On the other hand, if you let Gateway gently caress with your firmware you may want to double-check with the assistance of GBAtemp that it didn't do actual damage to your firmware.

Books On Tape posted:

Are there mods for Skyrim? Or are they different kind of mods? The only thing keeping me from getting Skyrim is that I have grown to need certain mods when playing that game.

Romhack-level. Not sure people even have a handle on Skyrim Switch's internal file format yet, let alone a 'Hello World'-style esm/esp mod for it.