Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Are LumaUpdater and FBI dead? I'm getting an error when querying the github API on LumaUpdater and FBI won't load the titleDB.

Might just be my network, but I figured I'd ask. It worked fine when I last checked for Luma3DS updates (not too long after B9S came out and I switched over), but that was a while ago.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 1, 2018

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

havenwaters posted:

You need to install new versions of the apps since github disabled TLS 1.1 support

Aha, thanks - that explains the TLS error I was getting on FBI.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

CascadeBeta posted:

My modded 2ds pops up a system update once a day. I'm guessing it'd be stupid to let it take the update?

If you're on B9S+Luma you're generally safe to update (but it's always worth it waiting to find out if there's any reason not to update when a brand new update is out).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bank posted:

and the invoice says "woodplus"

Did you buy an R4? There's a custom kernel for it just called Wood R4.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Did anything ever replace titleDB for FBI?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Thanks - I'm guessing this isn't embedded in FBI like titleDB was?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Vita chat reminded me I've been putting off hacking mine for a couple of months, so I just did it over a lazy hour tonight. Really painless process, with the only weirdness being that all of my PSP/PS1 games disappeared from the home menu, though according to the content manager they're still on the memory card. Reinstalling them fixes it, so :shrug:.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Does it actually register if you're not even touching the screen and hovering over it? How the gently caress?

This is literally just how capacitive touchscreens work.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Do a system transfer.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

I’m trying to wrap my brain around 3DS hacking.

Am I correct in that to do anything I need a flash cart like a R4i Gold? I really want to play my DS games without having to bring the carts and it looks like I’d need a flash cart for that. Is that correct?

The 3DS hacking guide literally tells you what the entry point is for each version of the 3DS firmware: https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

LODGE NORTH posted:

Inject anything you can inject

Sir, this isn't TCC.