Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Do I have to update my 4.1.0 Switch to the latest firmware to be able to use exFAT SD cards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Nonviolent J posted:

The amount of homebrew open source ports is amazing for switch

doom
doom 2
final doom
doom 3
duke nukem 3d
quake
quake 2
quake 3
postal
half life

There was a port of Ur-Quan Masters for the original Wii. Are they going to do that again for Switch?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Will the Tegra Security chip being activated on 6.2.0 cause problems down the line, or have the hackers worked around that for now?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Wait how is this preventing you getting an online ban

My guess is they don't have any .NSPs installed of games they didn't buy on the eShop.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I was planning on re-doing my Switch's CFW setup to use emuMMC, and I wanted to revert to my original NAND backup from before I did anything to it. That backup is from system version 4.1.0. Would it be recommended to update the system through Nintendo and burn all the required fuses before re-applying Hekate and Atmosphere?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Wouldn't the Cell processor architecture be a ludicrous nightmare to try to emulate? What sort of computer hardware would you need to run a PS3 game at 4K60 today, let alone back in the PS3's heyday?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Wii U, the system everyone hated so much, no one ever bothered porting Doom to it. And they ported Doom to LG fridges!

Is there a proper Wii Doom port that works fine on the Wii U?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Weren't they specifically excess WiiU Gamepad screens clogging up their warehouses?

A good poster fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 27, 2021

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I thought the main thing they hit you for was having games installed on your system that didn't match your eShop purchases.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
If I get an "I/O Error" message when trying to connect to my Switch running ftpd, does that mean the SD card in it is failing?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I think they designed Wii discs and their drives to spin the other way, so that would probably prevent a Wii drive from understanding a regular CD unless there's a homebrew app meant to account for that.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is there any risk of damaging a Switch by overheating if you use sys-clk to run the CPU and GPU at 1.2x normal speed? Or is the only issue draining the battery faster than normal, which can be mitigated by only overclocking when it's docked or using the official charger?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Ryuga Death posted:

I'm installing my 3DS carts directly to the system. Will the installed games be able to download official updates/dlc without issue?

I think Nintendo will see those installed games as digital games you didn't buy from the eShop, which could set off their alarms.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Never mind Persona, it could become a way to play Muramasa on a relevant platform again.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
You can even move saves between a hackable switch and a PC emulator.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
How do you move files onto the SD card to use in CFW if you can't FTP in with the wifi disabled? Do you have to turn off the Switch in order to take out the SD card and put it in your PC? I know Atmosphere can use a hosts file to prevent it from phoning home to Nintendo, but you just turn it off entirely?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is the "Remove Unused Tickets" option in Tinleaf not enough to remove all traces of a program that's been uninstalled from the home screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

could I rip the save file from my switch and stick it into the emulated version?

You can use Checkpoint to pull the save file and it should work in your emulator. In TOTK's case, all the pictures you have saved will come out as raw JPGs.