Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

BadMedic posted:

Also important: both hard drives also need their own power supplies, the WiiU's USB slots are below spec and do not provide enough voltage to run a hard drive off of.

It's really annoying actually, because my fully kitted out WiiU requires 4 power sockets and I ended up having to get it it's own power bar.

Memories of the CD32X...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Hammer Bro. posted:

I was trying to rebind the controls in RetroArch so I changed cancel from A to B (XBox B to Nintendo B) and it immediately decided that now B was cancel and A was also cancel (because I hadn't changed it yet) so I could change no more key bindings as I no longer had a confirm button.

Fortunately RetroArch has absorbed just about every other emulator into itself so we don't have alternatives.

I'm not sure if anyone's actually used it for anything meaningful yet.

that's your own fault for having bad button opinions

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Nonviolent J posted:

I tried playing smash on Wii U and just got beaten senseless so I just bet coins on matches which was more fun, apart from 64 and melee I never got into smash

it's never too late to learn to smash a bro!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

HenryEx posted:

Can't download the update without being on 7.0 tho, i tried

You can pull the Smash update from another Switch vai local wireless. However, without an eShop handshake, no Piranha Plant.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Which is mind blowing. How does Nintendo not crack down on that?

archive.org is legally protected as a library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

don't play golden sun. the series was never good

"golden sun? Yeah it was kind of mid"

"I heard someone say Golden Sun was mediocre! I wholeheartedly agree!"

"I don't really care for Golden Sun"

and then 3 more bad puzzles and another five minutes of contentless dialogue boxes