Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I heard there is a recent DSi cracked firmware or something, is it worth doing? I kept one around because playing DS games on 3DS looks so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Huh? DSi didn't really need any thing special beyond refreshed flash carts. You might be thinking of ntrboothax which allows hacking 3DS's with DS flash carts.

This is not responsive to my question which is asking if this https://dsiguide.me is worth doing.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I know this isn't a Nintendo console, but I couldn't figure out where else to post this. The PS3 has been completely hacked as of today, with no need for a 47 wire NAND mod that only a surgeon can install. It can be done entirely via the web browser!

http://www.psx-place.com

Now me being mentally ill I purchased a PS3 the day it came out in 2006 and left it in my closet untouched for several years knowing one day I would need to be on an old firmware to hack it if a hack ever came out. So my system is already hacked. However, I am so happy at this news because I like it when other people are made happy by things that made me happy (a hacked PS3). Get yourself a 60GB or 20GB fat PS3 for cheap and no matter what the firmware version it has installed, you can run any and every PS1, PS2, and PS3 game right from an external (or internal; or both) hard drive!

Glad I could spread the good news and that more people can join me on the awesomeness that is a hacked fully-BC PS3!
Awesome, I got a PS3 with a broken DVD drive a few months ago and havent had a chance to even hook it up. Its an 80 gb Motorstorm bundle system so is that the fat kind? I have no clue

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

WilliamAnderson posted:

I mean, you could just use injections of them into WUPs. Wii ones work great, I've had issues with gamecube ones, but a 64 GB SD card makes up for that.

How do I do this? Do you inject them yourself or download them premade?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Has anyone made NES injections on 3DS with "perfect pixel" mode yet? And/or with SNES on Wii U?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the thing about the Switch is, since it's a decently powerful ARM system, the homebrew capabilities of it are actually kind of bonkers-rear end nuts in theory

like, fail0verflow got straight-up no-bullshit Linux running on it. simply being able to dual-boot Android with the Switch OS would be a huge boon and would basically turn the Switch into the best tablet on the market

Android tablets are awful

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I don’t think ill ever play these games again but I wonder if they will work on 3DS? The control stick would probably be better than the d pad

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I used a game boy flash cart writer in 1999 or so to load a hacked game save on my little brothers pokemon red and he won the official nintendo tournament at the mall

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

ExcessBLarg! posted:

It's custom firmware that did that, not "piracy". Once you had a CFW-modded PSP it was trivial to dump your UMD game collection to memory stick with all the benefits associated with it. There was no inherent advantage to pirating games (other than not having to pay for them).

I mean, sure, with a CFW-modded PSP you could also pirate games if you wanted, but the feature benefits incentivised console modding even for those who didn't pirate games.

Pedantic

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Has anyone been able to get Super Mario Land 2 DX working on their 3DS?

Yes I did and beat it a while back

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I can’t wait to blow the inch thick layer of dust off my switch and play games on it again

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Can someone link a good tutorial for GC games on Wii U because I could never get it to work

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Hi it's me, the guy who wants to play Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks on his Switch

2 hella bad games

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

E2M2 posted:

Man starting to mess with this Wii U I got from my buddy and boy is the UI goofy as poo poo. It feels like an updated Wii basically. But sometimes you are forced into just using the tablet. Some weird design choices. Also completely hilarious that you can just download straight from the Nintendo servers.

The menu music is the worst too

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Nonviolent J posted:

Did you try what I posted a few pages back about GCN games on Wii U?

Haven't got around to it yet but saved it, thanks.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

i got tired of waiting and updated my switch so I could buy Lumines and there really arent many more good games I dont have anyway

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Whatever Nintendo does, I’m sure people will find a way to break open all Switches ten years from now.

I think they are just now hacking the DSi

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, but does anyone care about the DSi? People care about the DS and flashcarts got made. People care about the 3DS and exploits were found. People care about the switch and will find new things to do.

I like the DSi the matte finish is real nice and it's sturdier than the DS Lite

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is there any real reason to hack and use a Wii U for GameCube over a pc with dolphin? Better compatibility?

I tried Mario Sunshine on Dolphin recently and it was pretty janky and had weird lag and bugs

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

Are you running an older rig or older version of Dolphin because Sunshine is almost perfect at this point.

It might be playable but I have it for gamecube to compare to and it has a lot of annoying little issues. I'd prefer to play on an emu just to utilize save states to save time retrying hard sections but it isn't quite there yet IMO

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Anyone bought one of those rcm payload things from aliexpress? Are they any good? Or should I get the SX OS one

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Would a "New 3ds" screen lose brightness over time or does mine just look dull because I'm used to the switch now?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Do you have the brightness cranked all the way up, as well as power saving mode off?

You know it

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Any point in keeping a wii u if I have a switch? Haven't turned it on in years. Most big games have been ported to switch by now right? Is it even worth selling like have they held any value?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Muk Dumpster posted:

It's useful for ganecube / wii, otherwise switch emulates everything else better

Yeah i never got around to setting that up and now i have both those systems anyway

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I'm playing Super Mario 3d world on switch & nearly to the end, with all the stars and stamps collected so far and just found out I have to go back & beat each level 4 more times (once with each character) just to be able to play all the levels. Is there a cheat or save editor to avoid this? What a nasty idea by nintendo

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

hatty posted:

You don’t need to do that

Explain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

hatty posted:

you just need to find every Green Star, get every Stamp, and reach the top of the flag pole on every level. Beating all the levels with each character just gets you a fifth shiny star on your save slot which while tempting isn't worth playing as Peach with her floaty nonsense jump
Ok thats better