Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Defenistrator posted:

Tried it. Looks like my switch is ipatched so I i gotta wait

Ouch. I was looking for a switch earlier today, but everything I found had ipatched serial numbers. I think I might have to look for something used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Defenistrator posted:

Won't the ipatched get hacked soon enough though? Why not just wait it out? That's what I'm planning on doing

I'd rather not take the chance. Hacking the thing is half the fun, and it could end up like the 3DS. It took a long time to find an exploit for firmwares higher than 4.3.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I know this is the Nintendo thread but does anyone use the PS2 loader on a non-BC PS3 and care to give a review?

I only ever used it to play Persona 4, but it worked great for me. It did what it was supposed to, no problems whatsoever.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Retrograde posted:

I hacked my launch switch a few weeks ago with no problems but was wondering what filesystems people are formatting their sd cards with?

Saoshyant posted:

exFat is a crapshot when it works. Most stuff can't read it properly.

I've used exFat since I got my switch and it's never caused any problems for me. Since so many people are saying not to do it, I might be in the minority on that one though. I'm on SX OS if that makes a difference. I haven't done much homebrew wise, other than the usual stuff like Choi DeJour and RetroArch.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

I actually took it a step further and talked to the dev (of the Switch port) on Discord. He’s apparently ported it to Switch, PS4, and Xbox, but ultimately gave up on the Vita one since it’s underpowered for what the game requires.

He was talking to me about the drama and how he’s banned from like every A2MR thing there is, but he still works on the ports because he wants to make them for other people. His reasoning behind why they’ve been banning him and keeping him out is to avoid more attention from Nintendo. Like, Nintendo already C&D’d the game before (or so I had thought but it’s still being worked on?), so actively porting it to the Switch is like a giant middle finger.

He was cool though. Talks a lot, but ultimately a cool dude who was crazily helpful.

I talked to him a little on discord too. Helped me out with a problem as well. Nice guy.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

2) I am reading the Switch hacking guide someone posted here and it doesn't seem to indicate whether or not you need to enter RCM mode and inject a payload every time the system reboots or the power dies. Do you need to "re-hack" your Switch every time the power goes down to 0 like those old tethered iPhone jailbreaks? Or is it permanent?

You need to inject the payload everytime. It is possible to have the switch enter RCM mode automatically everytime you start the switch though. That helps it be a bit less annoying.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Ah okay, but you'd still need to connect the Switch to a computer or cell phone even with that method I'm guessing?

That or one of those dongles.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It was really exciting when they came out OK so we all just kind of put up with it. Onions tied to our belts etc

It was great if you bought one when it released, years before CFW but it's totally obsolete these days.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

A good poster posted:

How do you move files onto the SD card to use in CFW if you can't FTP in with the wifi disabled? Do you have to turn off the Switch in order to take out the SD card and put it in your PC? I know Atmosphere can use a hosts file to prevent it from phoning home to Nintendo, but you just turn it off entirely?

You can install stuff onto the switch via USB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

pig labeled 3 posted:

My old CycloDS does save states, which is pretty wicked.

My Cyclo died on me. :( The DS lite just doesn't recognize anything in the slot. What a great card.