Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Is it just me not being able to tell the difference, or does Samus Returns run at 60fps on a hacked New 3DS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
So the elevator and teleport FMVs are at like 15fps, then?

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
If you have Haxchi it will still work in 5.5.2

Just don't uninstall the DS game it's housed in.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
Okay, I got my SNES mini hacked, but does anyone know if it's possible to play NES games on it?

Edit: never mind, the default retroarch module seems to cover it.

Caithness fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 3, 2018

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!

Dr. Dos posted:

Is there a good guide for more extensive SNES Classic homebrew? I modded one for a coworker but that was just adding some more SNES games for them. I'm under the impression it's possible to put emulators for other systems on it as well and want to gift one to my brother when I visit my family next month

The same tool you used for adding more snes games should have an option to add more emulator cores as well

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!

I tried this but couldn't get online with the alternate DNS server.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
You can also install via SD card, it doesn't have to be over the network.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!

LionArcher posted:

So just to clarify, if I have a Wii U and no home brew channel, and I want to play game cube games on it I need to go hack it with brain age from the e shop somehow?

No, you can use Nintendont in the virtual Wii without hacking the Wii U side of things.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
It's not hard at all to play games from different regions, but there other region related things that are more difficult. I had to do a bit more work to get the the kupo nuts in Pictlogica Final Fantasy, for example.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
Retroarch stopped working on my SNES mini and I can't figure out why. It was after I updated the hakchi2 utility on Windows.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
I just did, so I guess we'll find out!

I played quite a bit of Smash 4 online afterward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!

night slime posted:

Does Brain Age VC go away after you use it for modding? I downloaded it but I don't see it anymore where it was. I want to get smart!!!

Yes, the contents of the DS game are replaced with haxchi