Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Stan Taylor posted:

What's the easiest way to do cheats? I want to go back into animal crossing but i want to have more bells and stuff.

For Animal Crossing it's either this save editor: https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-new-leaf-save-editor.382965/ (Don't forget to backup your saves!)

or this cheat plugin: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-animal-crossing-new-leaf-multi-cheat-ntr-plugin.428522/ (Also backup your saves!)

The save editor is cool if you want to mess with your town on a larger scale (like moving rivers and houses). If you just want more money, the cheat plugin is probably simpler to use. You can also take some funky photos with the cheat plugin, so that's a plus.

edit: Oh yeah, you can get NTR via FBI.

And More fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I always used to recommend this guide to people who wanted to softmod their Wii: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/
It should be up to date, since it's got a bunch of Wiiu stuff in it as well.

As an alternative to the .guide sites, I'd also like to recommend

https://gbatemp.net/threads/mattkim...g-guide.462121/

for Wiiu softmodding. It doesn't get more straight forward than that guide.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

repiv posted:

This new exploit works on early slim models, so you need to check the model number to narrow it down.

Look on the underside, if it's a CECH-2xxx it's hackable but if it's a CECH-3xxx or CECH-4xxx then it's not.

How high is the risk of me being locked out of Netflix and Youtube once an update hits? It doesn't really matter on Nintendo consoles, but the PS3 is basically my media player.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Nonviolent J posted:

PS1 & N64 emulation on Wii U on the gamepad with the vWii overclocked is so good

How do you do that?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Nonviolent J posted:

if you havent used psxr and wii64/wii64 rice with overclock on the gamepad get into it

And More posted:

How do you do that?

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

So I can update to 5.5.2? Do I update "inside" rednand? Sorry if I am using the wrong terms, I still have old 3ds hacking terms in my head.

Rednand is really useless because nobody can tell you how it works other than the people who made it. If it should break, here is how I sorted things out:

Just switch to sysnand and format your SD. Do CBHC by following Matt's guide. Overwrite any files by copying his starter kit. You can skip step 4.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

That's the second time this guy has posted that, and disappeared. I have no idea what he's on about.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

fadam posted:

Probably a dumb question, but once I go through that big guide and have everything working perfectly, am I cool to delete everything off my SD card?

Also, now that I have everything set-up to play WiiU backups, is there an easy way to set it up to play Wii backups? All the guides I've found need physical game discs.

You need some stuff in order to run homebrew, I think. You can safely delete the stuff you installed, though.

How about vWii softmodding? Keep in mind, you'll need a second hdd for that.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Nonviolent J posted:

IM GAY AND LOVE MY WII U

You do you, man. I liked your original post better, though. It had that kind of show don't tell quality.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Stan Taylor posted:

Any news on 3DS Homebrew lately? I hadn't updated my firmware because I heard they patched in something that can flag you with a modded system but it's annoying to dismiss all the time. Am I safe to update? I have a couple freeshop games that I had on carts.

Update luma. Update the system. Don't go on the internet with your stolen games.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

univbee posted:

Emulators, I guess? But yeah, homebrew is ultimately almost all about piracy these days, we don't really have need for the bonuses we once did.

I use it to put the physical games I purchased on a hard drive. Digital games are somehow still almost always more expensive than the ones at retail. Maybe Nintendo should look into that.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

RandomFerret posted:

Man, I tried so hard to get this thing working, the dev even spent an hour trying to help me online. I don't think I'm ever going to get to play Miles Edgeworth 2.

I got it running using this video today. The guy explains it in a way that even an idiot (like myself) can follow along (on my Mac).

For Investigations, you might have to get rid of the anti piracy measures. There is a patch at the bottom of this post, which worked for me.

By the way, what do you actually do with linux once you get it to run on the switch? Idgi.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

BadMedic posted:

It... doesn't work that way?
https://imgur.com/a/5pBryAn

Here's a picture of the part:

I've circled where the nubs have worn down.
There is nothing to glue, and they are very small with a teardrop shape.
In theory I could try adding some epoxy and filing it into shape, but I don't have the skills for that.

I can't really tell which part I'm looking at, but maybe you can order it here: https://battlebeavercustoms.com/pages/gamecube ?

LODGE NORTH posted:

Wouldn't it be easier to get a used 3DS and then just harvest its organs

Gamecube controllers are a bit notorious for being extremely expensive.

And More fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 21, 2019

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

On a similar note, how safe am I from getting banned online for modding the switch? I want to do it, so I can actually create backups of my Animal Crossing saves. On the 3ds, my original file got corrupted, and it was the worst. Apparently, they'll let you send in your switch to recover saves, but that just sounds like a real hassle by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

That's a bummer. I really thought I could just circumvent the risk.

I don't think I'm wrong about the whole sending-in thing, though. In the direct, they say that you can recover your data under certain circumstances. The video has in fine print: Online members can only have save data recovered one time due to loss or damage of system. Presumably, those are the circumstances.