Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

African AIDS cum posted:

I heard there is a recent DSi cracked firmware or something, is it worth doing? I kept one around because playing DS games on 3DS looks so bad

If you hold START or SELECT while booting a DS(or gba, or gbc) game, it will launch at native resolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Just ordered custom D-pad joycons for when I do eventually hack my switch with ebay coupon code PRONTO15 for 15% off, brought it down to $80. not too shabby considering I sold my old grey joycon for $55.

Isn't that literally MSRP for a standard pair of joycons?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Is there a nice guide on how to hack the switch and get custom firmware, disabled internet, etc. payload set up with the RCM? I feel like I've been spoiled by how great the 3ds and WiiU guides are.

e: I've found this guide for the fusée end of things but am not quite sure how this would be used to get Atmosphére working.

that ivy guy fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 17, 2018

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

What's the status on loading DS games from the SD card on homebrew 3DS? I remember it was steadily improving as of a year or so ago. I lost my flash cart a long time ago and would like to play some ROM hacks on original hardware like old times.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

So anything in green runs flawlessly? amazing!