Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I am not sure if someone has answered this succinctly, but what is the major reason for not being able to run DS games on the system except via flash cart? Is it a hardware block or just the fact that you have to drop out of the native 3DS system into a DS OS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I really hope this kicks Nintendo into overdrive, and they start getting stuff out like SNES emulators, Netflix, and a steam-alike network component. Cause honestly, a lot of the homebrews are going to be this basic stuff.

On the other hand, I hope the people who develop those high quality homebrews get picked up for their programming skills and ideas.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oddly my new Samsung tablet doesn't have NFC on it, so I can't play with Tagmo and edit my Amiibos. Any recommendations on a NFC read/write device I can pick up at my nearest tech store?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Why is there all this drama in the Switch hacking community? It is just the money/notoriety?

I mean, it didn't seem this insane with the 3DS/DS hacking scene, is it just because how quickly it appears, and how useful the console is?

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I just want them to release their stupid online service and let me have all my SNES/DS games.

Ace Attourney/TWERY/SuperMetroid/LttP bought for the Nth time~

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

It seems pretty effective for Switch so I don’t see why not. I don’t blame them since it’s embarrassingly easy to pirate right now and from their own servers to boot.:lol:

It's pretty fascinating and I hope at an upcoming DefCon they go into both how this system works in more detail, and how they bypass it when they do.

The constant battle between hackers and companies is enjoyable to watch happen :allears:

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Nintendo is locking down their games, Freeshop is dead.
https://imgur.com/a/pbkoNk6

I'm looking forward to Smea's talk at DEFCON this weekend regarding the 3DS hacking, I wish I could find the video I originally saw talking about how they found the master key, but it's lost somewhere in my youtube history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ok that's kind of enjoyable when they do stuff like that. Reminds me of that Spyro Year of the Dragon copy protection article