Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
I recently picked up a fan translation cart of Retro Game Challenge 2 for DS. Would the region free mod/homebrew channel allow me to play this cart on my old america (or japanese) 3DS XL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
So I installed CFW according to 3ds.guide but I can't seem to boot my fan translation DS cart of RGC2. What exactly am I missing? Should I be booting from a particular app or something?

edit: nevermind, I installed TWLoader and it seems to work

SnatchRabbit fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 9, 2018

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
I have a Japanese OG 3ds I want to hack. I think I can stumble my way through the CFW installation but after that is it relatively simple to change the system menu to english with the CFW tools?