Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

actually the cubs are Back, Bryant is going to ding twice against Kershaw, john lackey gonna close it out with a 3 inning save

He'll walk off the mount after striking out Turner three times in the 9th inning yelling gently caress as loud as he can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bilirubin posted:

*drums fingers on top of desk*

[Monkey's paw vibrates uncontrollably]

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

john lackey is somehow going to strike out turner in a high leverage situation and then scream gently caress so loud that he will die

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

john lackey is somehow going to strike out turner in a high leverage situation and then scream gently caress so loud that he will die

Sooo Win/Win?

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I'm just happy the Cubs won tonight.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Up to bat in the 8th, lackeys gonna call his shot and hit a dinger into the basket. Instead of bat flipping he'll draw gently caress into the batter's box then trot around.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Ok so seriously, is that ump from third going to be behind home tomorrow?

I know they can't fire him because of their union, but he should be removed from playoff rotation entirely.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Poque posted:

[Monkey's paw vibrates uncontrollably]

[monkey paw closes]

I'll donate to the ACLU to absolve my soul

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Watching Maddon's conference. Apparently none of the umps saw the tip, but somehow HEARD IT.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Cless Alvein posted:

Watching Maddon's conference. Apparently none of the umps saw the tip, but somehow HEARD IT.

because that makes loving sense :eyeroll:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Cless Alvein posted:

Make the ump do a press conference

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Miz Kriss posted:

because that makes loving sense :eyeroll:

I'm extremely jealous of your avatar now.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's an incredible picture

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

SourKraut posted:

I'm extremely jealous of your avatar now.
I love it. I have no idea who bought it, but I'm quite pleased.

Now watch as the Cubs somehow pull this out of their rear end and get swept by the Yankees/Astros and I gotta replace it because :toxx:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I was gonna steal that as my avatar in gif format. Very cool.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Homeybeef posted:

Really not looking forward to all media in Chicago tomorrow talking about this being the start of a comeback and then acting surprised when they can't score a run in game 5

There is not a single person who actually believes the Cubs are going to win 3 straight to win this series

Besides Me.

CUBS IN 7 MOTHERFUCKERS.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dexo posted:

There is not a single person who actually believes the Cubs are going to win 3 straight to win this series

Besides Me.

CUBS IN 7 MOTHERFUCKERS.

I am on this ride for life, but since they won last year, the all-in investment is gone. Now its just loving fun to watch.

I like being a normal sports fan.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Just don't get eliminated at Wrigley and I'll be fine

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

john lackey gonna close it out with a 3 inning save

:toxx: If the Cubs win tomorrow, and that win includes Lackey pitching any amount of scoreless baseball, I will get a Lackey avatar and keep it at least until the end of spring training next year.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

:toxx: If the Cubs win tomorrow, and that win includes Lackey pitching any amount of scoreless baseball, I will get a Lackey avatar and keep it at least until the end of spring training next year.

Add it to the Toxx thread! :hist101:

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

MrMojok posted:

Ok so seriously, is that ump from third going to be behind home tomorrow?

I know they can't fire him because of their union, but he should be removed from playoff rotation entirely.

regular season umpire rotation is home > third > second > first iirc. I'm not sure how the post-season adding LF & RF umpires stretches that out, but he would likely have already been behind the plate in game 3 and won't be behind the plate again this series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mister Perky posted:

regular season umpire rotation is home > third > second > first iirc. I'm not sure how the post-season adding LF & RF umpires stretches that out, but he would likely have already been behind the plate in game 3 and won't be behind the plate again this series

All I know is that Tichenor went from home to RF to LF. So if they're added into your rotation there, the third base ump wouldn't get to home until a potential game 7.

• Locked thread