Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
winning!!!
Jun 19, 2012

Foma posted:

Why are you planning on holding money if the idea is just to give it to someone when they need it?

Make it simple, when someone needs assistance they post a help/why thread or post and their Paypal/Venmo/Email Address/GoFundMe people directly give that person money based off their desire to help. Take the centralization out of the equation and all the problems melt away.

How is she supposed to spend the money on things for herself then? Last time she did this particular scam she used the money to buy a bunch of stuff for herself, she forgot to mention that in the OP. Quite frankly if she does it your way she won't be able to take any of the money for herself, making the whole exercise pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winning!!!
Jun 19, 2012

Koalas March posted:

I think that just letting everyone post their own things is the best way. This way, aside from making the thread, I won't have people accusing me of poo poo I didn't do (like in this thread, ha)

Originally I posted the patreon (which was never used and no money was exchanged) and also said people could post their own PayPal/GoFundMe/etc.

Like I posted about taking care of my family and my medical conditions and that we're poor. I explained that I am a contractor and need more equipment and am trying to build a desktop to edit my video projects because my laptop is an old Acer. I used myself as an example and posted my own PayPal because I'm loving poor, (as did another user, who we helped a lot and I love it) and am in a terrible place in my life (including family stuff, abusive ex drama and other stuff I didn't even talk about) and am being accused of trying to grift people despite urging everyone not to feel pressured and those folks donated out of their free will. I told everyone who donated how much I appreciated it and I told them where their money was spent. (Extra batteries, SD cards, etc)

And I guess that's the last I'm saying about this.

Can you go one entire sentence without explaining the thousands of ways you are a victim

• Locked thread