Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Working all evening but I just got a chance to check the score and

Ahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaaahahahahahahajajakillmeahahahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

looking at the box score that would be due to Gudbranson's 5?

what a dunce

We traded a recent first round pick and a high second for him. I still can't believe that.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

One of my good friends is a Canucks fan and really I just hope they suck really bad and you guys get to draft high, hopefully lose Benning. Boeser and Demko would be wasted on this franchise as is.

Thanks man. I miss having a rivalry with the Bruins, that was all sorts of fun. 2011 was a great finals and one that really deserved a second go round. Ah well, maybe I'll see this team lurch back into respectability before I die. Not counting on it though.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

how do the loving canucks manage to look more dangerous when they're at even strength? This is maddening and has to be a systems problem

DROP THAT PASS BABY

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think if you had snuck past the Kings in 2012 the Canucks would have gone the distance and beaten the Devils, and things would be a lot different.

Yeah Boston sucked but it felt like we'd be right back there by the time the 2012 playoffs rolled around. The loss to the Kings was the first time it hit me that the Canucks wouldn't actually be winning a cup.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I was just talking about it with someone else, and to me it seems like the Canucks had the misfortune of being good at the same time as the entire west being an absolute meat grinder. They were better than what they ended up accomplishing those few years.

Honestly their issue was that the Sedins peaked too late. They didn't end up being consistent 100pt guys and came back down to earth. If they'd started putting up those gaudy totals starting in 2008 or so when they and Luongo were still below 26 things might've been different. In the end they were world beaters for a couple years and then just good players.

Ultimately I can look back on that era with a certain joy. They couldn't get the big one done, but they won every other trophy imaginable and I got to see my favourite team be the unquestioned best in hockey. That coinciding with a cup run in the only year in the last decade or so that I actually lived back in Vancouver was great. It was fun as hell and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything, but man does it still sting that they couldn't figure out how to settle things down once Boston struck back.

God drat you Aaron Rome. Why did you have to wake them up?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

gently caress Duncan Keith

Words to live by.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

violent sex idiot posted:

if they were the unquestionable best in hockey they would have won a cup probably

Can't wait until McDavid's knee snaps in half

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Grebo posted:

Thus is begins..

https://youtu.be/Johmlmq-dRU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ummagumma posted:

What a pass by Forsling :stare:

Please give him back you don't deserve him

Adbot