Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
I get the feeling the Oilers' puck luck is going to take a turn for a better tonight against a Hawks team that has looked old, tired, and slow over the past few games. Forsberg is going to be very, very busy.

Hopefully they'll prove me wrong, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Furnaceface posted:

The Hawks have a pretty amazing history of ending streaks so Im expecting the Oilers goal drought to suddenly come to an end giving them a solid 8-1 victory.

Also Brent Seabrook is old and bad now.

Seabrook has not been doing so well since the 2015 cup run, which is understandable given his playstyle and his age. He can handle third pairing duties and can contribute offensively, but he's overwhelmed by top line duties these days :smith: The scary thing is that there aren't really anyone else on the team who has proven they can handle that type of responsibility, either.I imagine that Hossa LTIR money will go to finding some blue line help at the deadline.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Looks like Anisimov got demoted to the 4th line...which is entirely justified given how he's looked, lately, although Kero is not a great fit between Sharp and Debrincat.

Nice of the Oilers to commit the worst penalty.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Kane :siren:

Banks it off Talbot from the goal line.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
What a pass by Forsling :stare:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Best Hawks shift since opening night, we missed you Schmaltz :allears:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
McDavid holy crap :stare:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Kassian is a piece of poo poo

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Yea letting the Oilers get McDavid out against the 4th line probably isn't good.

And I get a feeling that after squandering so many power plays the Oilers are going to cash in on their first.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
McDavid is eating the Toews' line lunch tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Can't really say Hawks deserved more than one tonight, Edmonton was a bit better throughout. Happy to at least get one.

• Locked thread