Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I'd like to be a close-combat guy, fast and good at hip shooting/snapshots. Preferably with a pistol if pistols are not a garbage choice.

(I wanna be John Wick)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

That is a lot of complexity. Can guns with optics use aimed shot or aimed shot (optics) interchangeably, or do optics just mean shots are going to be slow but precise?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

xthetenth posted:

That is a lot of complexity. Can guns with optics use aimed shot or aimed shot (optics) interchangeably, or do optics just mean shots are going to be slow but precise?

I booted up the game and used the cheat shop (you can access a shop menu with every single item in the game with a console command) to test this out.

1. A gun with a red dot sight can perform all of the aim types except Aimed Shot (Optics).

2. A low power magnified sight, like a 4x ACOG, gives you every aim type.

3. A normal rifle or assault rifle with a powerful magnified optic like a 13x Leupold or a dedicated sniper rifle with a low power optic like the SVD Dragunov gives you Hip Shot, Snapshot, and Aimed Shot (Optics). You're no longer able to use a regular Aimed Shot.

4. Sufficiently large and heavy rifles like a Gepard anti-materiel rifle can only be fired from the prone position, and thus can only use Snapshot or Aimed Shot (Optics).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Inventory

The game uses a grid inventory system with no rotation, which means that every item takes up a very specific number of squares (cleaning kits and a particular first aid pack have a rotated model added by Blue Sun if you want to store them in a chest rig or something, but these are distinct items separate from the vanilla horizontal ones).

The big draw for this game is the massive list of guns and gear, and Blue Sun makes that even more ridiculous (Mercapocalypse adds even more, but it’s a bit excessive).

There’s a few different places you can keep gear:

• Your hands are the most obvious. Any item can be carried in the hands, no matter what it is. Most items can only be used by placing them in your hands, and pressing the Drop key lets you instantly drop whatever’s in your hands right at your feet.
• Your shoulders and neck are three slots for slinging longarms. Handguns can’t be kept here, but you can sling three of anything else (shotguns, rifles, SMGs, rocket launchers, etc.) on your body.
• Pockets are a 2x2 grid of quick access space that’s always visible on your HUD. Pulling something from your pockets is the fastest way to pull out anything (roughly 0.37 seconds), and you can arm and throw grenades directly from these pockets without needing to put it in your hands first. Make sure that items you want to use immediately are here, like spare magazines or bandages.
• Belt slots are only available if you’re wearing a web belt, of which there are several designs. Belts come with different pouch layouts and thus different grids for holding items. Belt slots are also visible on the HUD. Two belts include a holster slot, which can only fit a handgun, and one of these includes a spare ammo pouch on the holster. Drawing from a belt is slightly slower than your pockets, but still less than a second.
• Belt pouches are modular pouches that can be attached to belts to provide additional storage space. Like belts themselves, there are different pouch designs with different layouts.
• Tactical vests are load-bearing vests with pouches for carrying items on your chest, and only the top half of the slots are available on the HUD. The different grid layouts are often most suitable for carrying rifle magazines or individual small items (like grenades, pistol magazines, or bandages). It takes a little over 1 second to remove an item from your vest, so store items you don’t plan on needing in an emergency here.
• Backpacks have one huge storage compartment and multiple smaller pouches. You can store well over 100 pounds of gear in here, including multiple rifles if necessary, but be careful not to overload your merc with poo poo. Backpacks are the slowest place to retrieve any item, they make you a larger target, and they prevent you from rolling, so you may want to drop your backpack at the start of combat and fight without it for as long as you can.

There’s some stats at the bottom of every character’s inventory screen:

• Total weight is the full weight in kilograms of everything you’re carrying and wearing.
• Maximum weight is how many kilos you can carry without suffering penalties.
• Energy outgoing is a reflection of how much weight you’re carrying relative to your maximum weight. The higher this is, the more energy you’ll spend moving around.
• Movement slowdown starts mattering when your energy outgoing is over 100%. Every percentage point above 100% equals 1% movement slowdown.

If you have something that’s weighing you down, you can always drop it on the ground. When your rifle runs dry or jams and you hear a rebel rounding the corner, you may find it faster to just drop it on the ground and draw your pistol instead of taking the time to sling it. You can also pick up items and loot bodies in battle if you’re willing to take the time, so in a pinch you may end up grabbing a dead goon’s PPSh-41 and lighting up the next person you see.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

When I get in I'd like shotguns and (if I have the skill for it) explosives. The breach dude, basically.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Heavy weapons for my guy/gal please anything that goes boom, or a really loud bang or a really louad bang followed by a boom is good for me.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Very automatic weaponry and grenades for me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

While I don't have a full list of every gun in the game (and that might be spoilers), there is this image the Mercapocalypse developers created as part of their showcase of how many more weapons and ammo types they added. I think this should be sufficient:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

chitoryu12 posted:

While I don't have a full list of every gun in the game (and that might be spoilers), there is this image the Mercapocalypse developers created as part of their showcase of how many more weapons and ammo types they added. I think this should be sufficient:

...by the power of greyskull...

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Thats a lot of guns. Add me to the list!

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Is there a higher res version of that image anywhere?

Anyway, make me a sniper guy so I can gently caress up a critical shot and botch the mission for everybody.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Grizzwold posted:

Is there a higher res version of that image anywhere?

Yes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

^ I'm adding that to the OP.

I'd be interested in adding more guns if I wasn't afraid of seeing even early game vendors dumping a whole truckfull of pistols on you until my game crashes.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Does the Mercapocalypse mod still have the issue where you can't get mags and ammo for half the guns you can buy, but can easily buy ammo for guns that aren't available unless you get lucky with loot? I was never sure if that was deliberate or not.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Gnoman posted:

Does the Mercapocalypse mod still have the issue where you can't get mags and ammo for half the guns you can buy, but can easily buy ammo for guns that aren't available unless you get lucky with loot? I was never sure if that was deliberate or not.

I think so. I remember seeing stuff like 7.92x57mm available before there were any guns for sale shooting it.

They also loved to put in an MG 34 or DP machine gun at the beginning of the game with one load of ammo and no more for sale.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Precisely the example I was thinking of. I remember being thoroughly annoyed at salvaging several Moison-Nagants from an ambush, and not being able to feed them, while there's all this useless German ammo in the shop.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Sign me up for toting a machine gun.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Before I leave, I've got our first set of mercs here. Since these are the folks our first 4 volunteers will be playing, I'll leave it up to them to decide who wants which! As usual, it's a "dibs" system.

All backstories are provided when you request a report from the AIS on your merc.

Cameron

Cameron is my merc, so he's the one actually under my control. Don't worry, you'll prefer the people with higher stats coming up.

Dessert

Devnet "Dessert" Hansson was a daddy's girl ever since her mother was killed in a car crash, when Devnet was just two and a half. Called "princess" at home, she excelled at school and was a Studentbalen queen. Her boyfriend Sven was of course the king. Sven however had plans that didn't include Devnet; a day after the ball he enlisted requesting to be stationed as far from Devnet as possible. Devnet was surprised but didn't want to give up on their relationship. She enlisted as well and requested to be stationed near Sven. During basic training two weeks later, the first time he could get his hands on a loaded weapon, Sven shot himself. Hansson however proved herself an excellent soldier, so after a brief stint with the army engineers she joined the SSG (Särskilda Skyddsgruppen), the Swedish special forces.

Two years later she was dishonorably discharged for having an affair with a married superior officer, which nearly led to another suicide. Before that time she reached an almost legendary reputation in the Swedish armed forces. In her final evaluation, her commander described her as "a rare, brilliant gem, whose physical beauty makes for a jaw-dropping combination with her incredible prowess on the battlefield. Hansson alone can win wars for Sweden." Her nickname, Dessert, reflects her friends' belief that she was nice to look at and wonderful to taste, but bad for your health. Since being discharged from the army, Hansson has never once had trouble finding work.

Earp

Earl Jameson Jr. was born in Dodge City, Kansas, the meat-packing capital of the US. Dunno how much meat he packs but he certainly has the spirit of that most famous of Dodge City's marshals and he is certainly good with firearms. Jameson dreams of the simpler times, when a man and his gun were all that was needed to capture, try, and execute a criminal. He believes that the modern world is too wimpy, too comfortable, with all the committees, lawyers, appeals, court-appointed psychiatric evaluations and other crap. Getting to where you want to go was never about pleasing everyone. It was about being the meanest, fastest killing machine and never looking back. So now Earp is the fasted gun in Algeira, and proud of it.

Earl spent several years in the CIA, most of it in international postings. Some would even say he's been around too much. He managed to work in Africa, Asia, and most of Eastern Europe. During his career, he proved himself a spirited employee who, however, had no respect for authority and couldn't grasp the concept of subordination. He hated working with a team and ignored standard procedure in order to do things the way he wanted to. That's probably why his assignments grew progressively more difficult. In the end, the Agency that James was too much of a liability and he suddenly found himself out of a job, in a foreign country, with no cash or passport. That's how he became a mercenary.

Linchpin

Charlie Macaula was born in Donegal, Ireland. His father, Paddy, was a high-ranking member of the IRA. Scotland Yard always on his tail, Paddy and his family moved around a lot from one remote farmstead to the other. Isolated and lacking friends, Charlie spent his childhood training with his father, focusing specifically on subversive tactics. Charlie soaked up his father's enormous experience like a sponge. This was both a blessing and a curse. Charlie became an expert on anything that explodes and also a skilled marksman.

However, when the time came to go over to the bloody English and put his skills to good use, Charlie got cold feet. He walked away from a car bomb without arming it and spent four days hanging around Belfast, unable to return to his da'. Ending up at the docks one night, Charlie got a job on the first cargo vessel that was hiring and, a month later, found himself in Bolivia. After a few months of living on the streets, he gladly jumped at the chance to sell his knowledge of explosives to a local gang. He accepted the firefights that followed as real-life training to prepare him for a triumphant return to Ireland. Seventeen years later, his father long dead, Charlie still continues to mentally prepare himself for an inevitable battle with the English.

Verchic

Veronica Poulain was born in Paris. Both her parents were surgeons, so a medical career was virtually guaranteed for her. She grew up listening to discussions of surgical procedures at the dinner table. After high school, while waiting to start medical school, she took some embalming classes, during one of which something happened that remains shrouded in mystery. Her parents disowned her and Veronica drifted from town to town, working for cheap clinics as a nurse and, occasionally, making a quick buck on the side.

Veronica Poulain's propensity to fall in love with her patients eventually became impossible to control and made her unable to keep a regular job. She ended up becoming a doctor-for-hire, working in third-world battlefields, not so much to make a living but more to meet exciting new men desperate for female companionship. There's always a drama of some kind happening in Veronica's life, ready to be forgotten and replaced with a new one.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Those backstories are so bad, that's quite impressive.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cugel posted:

I'm excited to see who takes the necrophiliac surgeon and roleplays the poo poo out of her.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Dammit, Linchpin is the only not-embarrassing one, but he's a sniper and that role's been claimed! Earp is too much and Verchic is "no", so I guess that leaves Dessert for me?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Davin Valkri posted:

Dammit, Linchpin is the only not-embarrassing one, but he's a sniper and that role's been claimed! Earp is too much and Verchic is "no", so I guess that leaves Dessert for me?

Her in-game character is so flirty that she's embarrassing. It's up to you if you want to keep that characterization.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

cugel posted:

I want dessert lady to have just puns for miles ok

like idk 'that was a TRIFLE messy' after blowing someone's head off or 'who wants a stack of PANCAKES' after running someone over haha laughing just thinking about it

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Do it. And yeah, I claimed linchpin and don't really know if I could be made to trade.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Are the mercs all presets or are they randomly generated? I'm looking forward to Cameron and Linchpin being the only reasonable people on the entire team.

Until someone comes up with a better name I am calling this the Z-Team because :wow:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Grizzwold posted:

Are the mercs all presets or are they randomly generated? I'm looking forward to Cameron and Linchpin being the only reasonable people on the entire team.

Until someone comes up with a better name I am calling this the Z-Team because :wow:

Every merc is pre-generated. You can edit the game to make your own custom mercs, but it requires expertise above my level and this game is a bit fragile at the best of times.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Fuuuuuuuck. I asked for medic alrwady didn't I?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bunnyofdoom posted:

Fuuuuuuuck. I asked for medic alrwady didn't I?

There can be more than one! There’s like 5 medics without even getting into the Jagged Alliance mercs that Blue Sun adds.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Apologies for any weird formatting, as copying and pasting from Dropbox is a bit hard.

Weapons
There are several hundred weapons in this game, from little 9x18mm Makarovs to .30 caliber machine guns and anti-tank rocket launchers. Each of these lovingly modeled guns has very different stats from one another, including some stats you probably wouldn’t expect.

* Caliber is obviously what ammo your gun uses. There are dozens of calibers in the game, some more common than others.

* Magazine type shows what kinds of magazines your gun can accept. Like ammo, some magazines are more common than others; there’s a lot of M1911 variants in this game, so 1911 magazines are practically free, but that DP-28 machine gun is only going to take that pan the merchant has one of. Magazines can be loaded with whatever mix of individual rounds you want, and you can unload magazines to salvage the ammunition if necessary.

* Attachments will show what attachments are on the gun. Some guns take more than others and you’ve everything from scopes and suppressors to flashlights and bipods.

* Damage is just the range of base damage the gun deals, from lowest to highest possible. Base damage is primarily based on caliber and barrel length, but different ammo types can increase or decrease damage against certain targets.

* Accuracy is the base accuracy of the gun, essentially the cone that fired rounds can land in. This is the mechanical accuracy of the gun and has no bearing on the shooter’s skills
(which only affect how far off they are from the intended point of aim).

* Durability is divided into total and dirt values. The total durability is how close the weapon is to breaking; once it hits 100%, the gun is totally broken. Dirt is how much grime and combustion byproducts the weapon is accumulating, and once it hits 100% the gun is seized up completely. Higher wear and dirt on the gun increases its vulnerability to jamming. Dirt can be removed by using a cleaning kit on the weapon, while total durability can only be restored to normal by certain NPCs that can repair weapons. Different weapons have different levels of vulnerability to dirt and wear, and dropping a weapon on the ground can damage and dirty it.

* Rate of fire is how fast the gun can fire. This is divided into two numbers: semi-auto and full auto rates.

* Ready time is how fast you can raise the gun to a ready state. This is affected by the weight and balance of the gun.

* Balance is a stat a lot of people have trouble reading. Basically, a balance of 50 is perfectly balanced in the center of the gun. A number higher than 50 is balanced toward the rear, which makes the gun faster to aim and ready but more vulnerable to recoil. A number lower than 50 is balanced toward the muzzle, which makes the gun slower to maneuver but helps keep the recoil down.

* Heat tolerance is the weapon’s vulnerability to overheating, but this stat is hidden when viewing the weapon card. A weapon that’s fired too much for too long will read “Overheated” in their inventory panel and will become vulnerable to jamming if not allowed to cool. Different guns have different levels of overheating tolerance, with machine guns being designed for continuous fire better than cheap submachine guns.

One stat that isn’t listed is weapon familiarity, as this is unique to everyone. Mercs get used to their weapons as they use them in battle, so you’ll see a steady increase in capability as they continue using a favored weapon over days or weeks of battle. As shiny as new gear is, you may want to stick with something that you know your way around.

The types of weapons available cover the whole range from the turn of the 20th century until modern day:

* Melee weapons include knives, bayonets, hatchets, and crowbars. While you may want to carry one in case of an emergency, charging someone with a knife is generally the worst possible solution to any gunfight. This category also includes throwing knives.

* Handguns include both automatic pistols and revolvers. The weakest firearms in the game are 9x18mm Makarov pistols, while the class tops out with .500 Magnum revolvers. Most handguns can be kept in holsters or in pockets except for the absolute largest hand cannons. Between the two classes, revolvers generally achieve higher power from the beginning (.357 Magnum is fairly common and inexpensive even in the early game) and are less prone to malfunctions but have lower capacity and take longer to reload with individual rounds.

* Submachine guns are fully automatic weapons chambered for pistol calibers. They often have a high rate of fire and are light and cheap, but have inferior accuracy and power to proper assault rifles or battle rifles. Many submachine guns have folding stocks, and the smallest (like the MAC-10 and MAC-11) can fit into pistol spaces with the stock folded.

* Shotguns, along with submachine guns, form the backbone of your early game firepower. These include semi-auto, full auto, pump-action, and some double-barreled shotguns. Along with the typical buckshot (which actually has a realistically small spread in this game), shotguns can fire flechette rounds with better long-range accuracy or slugs that allow them to act as primitive marksman’s rifles in the first part of the game.

* Rifles are semi-auto and manually operated weapons, from pistol caliber lever-action carbines to .50 BMG anti-materiel rifles. Rifles have excellent accuracy and power coupled with a lower rate of fire than assault rifles, and the sniper rifles can get very expensive and unwieldy.

* Assault rifles fire intermediate cartridges between pistol and full-size rifle cartridges, and are designed for close and medium range combat (though some of them can serve as a
marksman’s rifle in a pinch with a scope). Just like in real life, assault rifles serve as a jack of all trades for all but the most specialized situations. The biggest issue they have is that it actually takes a while before they start appearing en masse in the game world.

* Machine guns include both light machine guns like the M249 and RPD and medium machine guns like the M60 and PKM; there are no machine guns present in the game that aren’t man portable. Machine guns are very heavy and can lay down a lot of suppressing fire, making them best suited to relatively static positions where they can lay down a base of fire on a target.

* Grenade launchers include both underbarrel launchers like the M203 and handheld launchers like the M79 and Milkor MGL. Grenades are fired in an arc, similar to a higher velocity thrown grenade, so you can determine the arc to launch precisely through windows or drop grenades behind cover.

* Rocket launchers include reloadable RPG-7s and RPG-2s and disposable launchers like the LAW. These are generally overkill for all but the most dangerous targets, as there are no hostile vehicles in this game and little in the way of destructible cover.

* Hand grenades come in multiple models with different timers, explosive power, and fragmentation patterns. Unlike most video games, the explosion is realistically only a small part of a frag grenade’s damage and most of it comes from individually modeled projectiles. This makes it possible to dive out of the way of a grenade and avoid most of
the fragments by going prone. There are also smoke grenades for blocking vision, flashbang grenades for stunning enemies, and concussion grenades for dealing heavy damage through a large explosion.

* Placed explosives include remote detonated C4 charges, TNT on a timer, and anti-personnel mines. These are used for area denial or laying ambushes.

There are various accessories for weapons to allow you to modify them:

* Suppressors or silencers muffle the sound of gunfire.

* Reflex sights like red dot sights or holo sights provide a glowing dot or holographic reticle for you to aim with, improving your Snapshot and Aimed Shot.

* Telescopic sights, or scopes, provide magnified vision for making long range shots. These are only used with the Aimed Shot (Optics) action and use the Sniping skill.

* Flashlights let you light up the night to negate vision penalties, but enemies can see the light just as easily.

*Laser sights provide a boost to accuracy. Like flashlights, enemies can see the dot and follow it back to the source. There’s at least one infrared light in the game that can only be seen with night vision goggles, however.

* Vertical foregrips let you stabilize the weapon to reduce recoil.

* Bipods let you stabilize the weapon while prone for better accuracy and reduced recoil. Some light machine guns come equipped with bipods by default.

* Underbarrel weapons are grenade launchers or shotguns that can be fitted to the gun, allowing you to blast someone with buckshot while clearing a room or quickly fire a grenade at an enemy squad in the forest without needing to switch weapons.

While not quite an accessory, some guns have telescoping or folding stocks. Collapsing the stock on these guns allows them to fit into a smaller inventory space and makes them faster to maneuver, but the inability to properly shoulder the weapon makes it much less accurate and prone to high recoil.

Damage is divided into HP and shock damage. HP damage obviously directly drains your health, while shock damage stuns you. High shock damage is generally caused by bullets that have a lot of weight to them, like slugs and heavy rifle rounds.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 6, 2017

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

chitoryu12 posted:

So our current roster, in order of entry and with first preferences marked:

1. Crazycryodude
2. xthetenth - Sniper
3. Quinntan
4. Davin Valkri

5. Bacarruda
6. Sperglord Actual - Heavy Weapons
7. sparkmaster
8. Circlmaster
9. bunnyofdoom - Medic
10. koolkevz666
11. Dreamsicle
12. Grizwold
13. Asehujiko
14. sebmojo
15. Noshtane
16. biosterous
17. mlmp08
18. SpookyLizard
19. Gnoman
20. Frogfingers

The bolded 4 are our starting players!

I seem to have been left out just before seb? :( Not picky as to what.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I vaguely recall a game like this or a similar one having obrez mosins as the basic "hand cannon" option, is this the one or am I thinking of something else?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

sniper4625 posted:

I seem to have been left out just before seb? :( Not picky as to what.

I’ll put you on the list when I can do the edits!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Asehujiko posted:

I vaguely recall a game like this or a similar one having obrez mosins as the basic "hand cannon" option, is this the one or am I thinking of something else?

This game does indeed have the Obrez. The vanilla game makes it extremely common vendor trash, but it’s actually pretty rare in Blue Sun. Probably because it’s total poo poo.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I'll sign up and I do realise that it will be a bit of time before I may take part but I'm ok with that. This was one of the first LPs I checked out in the archives back when I first joined SA and I did not know about that Steam release, gonna have to check this out myself now :)

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

This game does indeed have the Obrez. The vanilla game makes it extremely common vendor trash, but it’s actually pretty rare in Blue Sun. Probably because it’s total poo poo.

But what other gun can blind, deafen, set things on fire, possibly take out your target, and break your wrist, all in one package?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Thanks!

Aces High posted:

I'll sign up and I do realise that it will be a bit of time before I may take part but I'm ok with that. This was one of the first LPs I checked out in the archives back when I first joined SA and I did not know about that Steam release, gonna have to check this out myself now :)

Yeah, I remember reading Squints LP shortly after joining, certainly never thought I'd have a chance to participate in one.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

drat you X, if I knew the sniper character was literally a Provo I woulda called 'em :argh: Although on the other hand, he's a loving Sassenach-lover who can't even set off one measly bomb. What a disappointment.

Guess I'll take Earp then, see if I can't find him a cause beyond killing poo poo and getting rich.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Wait, you're saying I missed out on the Irishman? Damnit.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I’ve edited the roster to reflect the chosen roles.

Quinntan, unfortunately, appears to be stuck as The Unrepentant Necrophile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Wait there's no breaching doors with shotguns or placed charges? Now I'm sad. :(

• Locked thread