Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Sign me up, as well!

This is one of those games that looks cool and sounds neat but is just too janky for me to actually play. Good luck, chitoryu!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Dammit, Linchpin is the only not-embarrassing one, but he's a sniper and that role's been claimed! Earp is too much and Verchic is "no", so I guess that leaves Dessert for me?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Quinntan posted:

Time to get some gats

Yeah, it's kinda hard to play a gun game with no guns.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I have no idea which ones to take that won't mess up someone else. Can I see a Micro-Uzi and an M1911 to start off, since there's more than one of those still on the table?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Quinntan posted:

You’re the last one picking, Davin and iirc vendor inventories will change as the game goes so pick whatever you want from the trash we left ya :p

I don't know what Chitoryu/Cameron needs, though. But okay then. Let's see...

Dessert seems to be a generalist so...

Individual Allowance: $9,531
  • x1 Remington 870 Express (12 Gauge): $1223 (Casas)
  • x6 10-round boxes of 12 Gauge buckshot: $57 * 6 = $342
Total spent: $1565

I can't believe you all took the LBE grumble grumble...

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 29, 2017

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Still mobile, but because you don’t have a holster you’ll need to take up an entire pocket with the 1911. That leaves you with 4 grid squares for tiny items like boxes of ammo or pistol magazines.

Argh, that sounds awful. Maybe I should just skip the pistol entirely, then, and keep the shotgun. Is going around with no secondary weapon a good idea?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

It's not a terrible ordeal. A full size shotgun isn't as maneuverable and you'll have to reload instead of switching weapons if you run out of ammo in an emergency, but you don't need a handgun badly enough to fill up half your inventory space with it.

Everyone will have holsters pretty soon, I think.

Alrighty then, rolling with the shotgun! Just make sure you all cover me when I have to reload, all you people with holsters and sidearms.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Oh for the love of--why go there?! Why do that?! Argh...

Let's just talk to that guy we're supposed to talk to about the main job, then.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Quinntan posted:

Let’s stay here for now if we’re trying to find something. Our “translator” probably is around here too.

Yeah, for now I'd vote 2 and 4.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Raise weapon. If Earp gets out of the way, shoot this guy. If not, just watch for other threats inside the room.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I can't even carry it, so it's all yours.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Ugh...I was hoping to just walk away and not make eye contact, but given the tone of the "no" option, might as well stay and help.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Crouch and ready weapon at this guy. If he readies his weapon, fire.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Keep shotgun raised, follow the fence on the east side (the left in the 3nd to last image), slowly move south.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Wait, did we just leave the entire other side uncovered? Er...oops.

Run north and aim west, down the "north" fence on the map.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Whoops, my bad! "Slice the pie" around the corner, continuing to aim west.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Stop, crouch, and aim. As soon as the chance to hit looks decent, open up!

Also one of you jerks with an SMG should've come this way; this matchup seems more your speed!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Lucky bastard. Shoot again!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Ow! Dammit!

Duck back into cover, fully reload. How far away is this guy? It doesn't look any further than 20 meters or so--that should be well within shotgun range...

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Screw it, peek the corner, slice the pie, fire two shells at this guy.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Shoulder weapon and take aim. As soon as the uzi carrier comes into view, fire everything.

Man, wouldn't it suck if a stray bullet ended up hitting the person we were supposed to protect on this?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

They have grenades?! I want revenge! Press the attack to support Verchic!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Is that including whatever we get from the quest giver?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

We should probably just sell the scattergun and Taurus. Do we have a place to stash the ammo and other things while we figure out where to get LBE, or do we have to take or sell everything here?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Then if nobody wants it, top it off and top the magazine off and I'll carry it. I think I'm good for it, right? Drop the box of 2 shells if not.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

You have a free vertical 2-slot space, so you can sling the shotgun and carry the Mini Uzi in your hands and the spare mag in the last remaining pocket space.

Anybody else want the mini-Uzi? If not, I'll do just this.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

The first thing I say we should do is patch me up! After that...mmm...Is the "Mister Sister" thing a repeat of the combat encounter or what? I think we should go to another city to buy more LBE, but if the reward for that is also more LBE, who knows?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Patch me up, then let's go find Paquito.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe we should start with Sagrada. If he's not there we can hit up the shops!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I only have 16 rounds in my other magazine--give it to me and I'll top it off.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Hmm...if I were Paquito I'd probably want the first boat out. Santa-Maria sound good to anyone else?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Why do I suspect that this "baby" is not a baby?

We don't even have armor yet, so we probably shouldn't start fights without recon. Also I'm still injured. Let's do this quietly.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Hooray, we have a car! Chuck two boxes of shells in the cabin, then let's get looking for work.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Also I have a sort of pre-vote for you guys, to avoid our next updates being incredibly short.

Do we continue following each clue as we get it until we reach the luggage?

Do we know what the luggage is?

Also sure, why not. I hope it's cool stuff.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

It's really going to depend on what kind of guns are on the Blue Sun path that aren't in normal mode, but right now I'm leaning towards going to Artrigo. Any other opinions?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Mindow first. Then the other person.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Mmm, I don't trust the police to act on this matter properly, but stealing from a woman who just lost her father isn't exactly something to forgive. I vote 2: Detain.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Draw and order him to stop.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Okay, who wants to go full-up Soviet Union? I'm good with my loadout, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I think I'm good, so let's get going to Santa Maria.

• Locked thread