Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Pick me! Give me scissors! Marvel as I do a decent job at ranged combat and pull utterly inexplicable shenanigans in melee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

May as well go sniper.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

That is a lot of complexity. Can guns with optics use aimed shot or aimed shot (optics) interchangeably, or do optics just mean shots are going to be slow but precise?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Do it. And yeah, I claimed linchpin and don't really know if I could be made to trade.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I told the travel agent I wanted to go to Algeria. God drat, is my accent that thick?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I didn't make it out of Ireland alive by strolling into a fight unarmed. Get Guns.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Pistols and shotguns. How dreadfully sporting.

That mauser M712, is that a schnellfeuer, and is it fed off clips or box mags?

God, it's even hard to come by a decent sized magazine. Double stacked magazines are a thing for a reason.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 28, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Pity that it doesn't have a stock. How are those shotguns at range? It looks like I'm not the fastest gun in the western hemisphere, but if I aim in with a shotgun and/or pistol will it use the regular shooting that I'm less bad at?

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 28, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Why am I tempted to get an 870?

Actually, is that MAT 49 much good, I think it's the only non-shotgun that has a stock.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

3x3 size

A French submachine gun, this wouldn’t be nearly as well-known as it is if it weren’t for the Vietnam War.

The MAT-49 was a post-war gun using the common 9x19mm Parabellum round instead of France’s wacky 7.65mm rounds that they insisted on using instead of something sensible. Along with having a telescoping wire stock, the magazine well can be folded underneath the barrel for compact storage or parachuting. The guns are found everywhere the French had colonial influence, and that includes leaving a lot of them behind after leaving Indochina. Many of them were used by the Viet Cong against American and South Vietnamese troops, sometimes rechambered in 7.62x25mm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhlm-J4Wg_g

I want me a dumb foldable French smg if there's ammo for it. I'll work out the remainder of the details in a bit.

Probably 150 rounds. Holster belt if the mat fits in it. Does it or the Beretta use magazines on sale? That's my one concern with the French gimmick gun.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 28, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I'm stuck on my phone for a while. Could someone do the MAT, a stiehlhandgrenate, and three boxes of surplus parabellum for me? I'll donate my spare pocket space to carrying duct tape or any thing else.

(you have no idea how badly I want to larp the Chinese warlord era with a mauser)

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

And if you want it when we find me something with rifle caliber bullets and a stock, I'll hand over this SMG.

Wait. I'm a mercenary. I'll trade it in to you if you want for affordable financing for something with some drat glass up top. Maybe if I'm real lucky I can get an Armalite or something heavy. I miss firepower. gently caress trading shots when you don't have to just because for some reason the fools in this country can't smuggle the good stuff.

Yeah, I want to buy something with pockets too. I can't complain about priorities though, this place has poo poo for guns too, so gently caress all for pockets makes sense. Oh well, the space got bought and it's getting used. Maybe I can drink some backpacker under the drat table and nick his bag?

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 29, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Davin Valkri posted:

Alrighty then, rolling with the shotgun! Just make sure you all cover me when I have to reload, all you people with holsters and sidearms.

I have exactly one magazine in my sub gun. I'll cover the hell out of you once.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

The uzi can do single shots and has a stock? Interesting. Still, the MAT is probably the only thing with a half decent sight radius even if that doesn't matter.

Edit, it is significantly more accurate. Neat. Pity I can't fire single shots though.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 29, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I want a real gun and a backpack, a quick check in the bars seems like it'd make sense.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Check here first.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Why not. Ask em all, they're right next to each other.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

My answer is yes if there's pay or other remunerative reward involved.

I think that Earp should be the pointman. They do the talking right? Or at least their gun does?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Covering position with my SMG.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I wouldn't mind having a pistol. If somebody wants to replace theirs with that until they run the new one out of ammo, that's fine, I'd just prefer more than one magazine.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

xthetenth has tentatively claimed the Glock 22. If he's solidly on it, we'll give him the pistol and move on.

If anyone using a pistol as a primary wants it, I'll trade it for their current gun. Otherwise woot! I think it's going to go in my pocket because I'm carrying my SMG, right?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Help out. And yeah, I'll sling the SMG I guess.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I mean we could just have it not exist, that'd be neat, but I'll abstain from voting on whether we actually do it.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Crouch, draw, and if he readies, shoot. Fill any spare time with aiming.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Keep aimed on the road, covering Earp's advance. Follow him once he gets too far forward to properly cover.

Hey crazy, bounding overwatch, or should I hustle up?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

If I can get reasonable odds of hitting by aiming in, do that, otherwise I should be able to head a bit left to get the full stone wall between me and her, and then run up to its cover, catch my breath and aim up from there, right?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Earp currently has a remote chance with an aimed shotgun blast and he’s closer than you, so I get the feeling you won’t hit much of anything at that long range.

Also I want to point out that you’re as far left as you can get against that wall. For some reason the game makes it impossible to path any closer, possibly because of a map edge.

Huh. Interesting. Does that mean that if I advanced I'd be out of cover?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Walk up towards the wall then, ready to crouch and return fire if the enemy engages before I get there.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

I re-read your post and I may have misconstrued your question!

Dessert is as far left as she can go, and there's the map boundary keeping her from getting any closer. However, the section of wall running parallel to the road is usable as cover. So you can run up to that for cover from the living Hooligan.

I'm linchpin, but I think you've got my intent now. Advance in the shadow of the wall parallel to the road so I don't have to worry about being ready to draw at a moment's notice.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

poo poo, sorry. Continue my jog towards cover.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Catch my breath and ready a shot on any enemy that rounds the corner. Take a quick look at what Earp's doing. If a guy stops with a shot on me, shoot first.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Actually, would dropping my pistol and unslinging my MAT let me be more accurate at range/more likely to score a hit?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I'm still at pretty long range to the enemies on the south side of the map, right? I think that might be well worth doing while I catch my breath.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

The game doesn't give exact distances, but I'd estimate that you're currently around 50-75 yards from the one with the shotgun and you'd be around the same distance from the one with the Uzi. That being said, you need to move to engage either target and the one with the pistol is likely coming around the corner in a few seconds.

The good news is that everything is lined up so she should run into Earp's sights first. The bad news is that Earp had better be one fast draw.

I mean that is literally Earp's job description.

I'll hold on to my pistol until the first one's dealt with.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Switch to my SMG. Aim in on the long range hooligan. Try for a burst of 1 round if I've got reasonable chance to hit.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Do you want me to move Linchpin so you have an angle on him? Right now he's blocked by the wall you're using as cover.
Once I've switched, yeah.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I've got a line on the shotgunner, right? Aimed short bursts.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

If you hold Alt while selecting an enemy to attack, your merc will continue to fire until the target is dead. I used that to let Linchpin fire two bursts as fast as possible, without waiting to see the effects of the first and then making a separate attack order.

I like you. I like your style.

Inch up the wall to the corner, and peek around it. If the other hooligan isn't ready, shoot that one as well.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Shoulder SMG and prepare for enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Gun at the ready, move along the south side of the hotel towards the southwest corner. See if I can't flank this guy.

• Locked thread