Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
i just watched his first feature "George Washington" last night, for the first time. Wow- what an affecting movie. Great use of untrained actors for the most part (some of the railroad guys are really bad)

I haven't seen any of his other indies, have any of yall? I knew they'd be good, there are so many subtle touches to his big studio stuff (Pineapple Express, Eastbound & Down, etc.), like w/ the BG casting, set dec, etc.

You can watch George Washington on filmstruck (or Kanopy)

@In Training it should be the movie of the month next month imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
next up I want to watch the film he made w/ nic cage, Joe

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I'm gonna watch one, eventually

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm gonna watch one, eventually

So did you or what

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
All The Real Girls is his second best movie after George Washington.

Manglehorn is his best recent one, and one of Al Pacino's best recent as well. Harmony Korine is in it!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Chill Penguin posted:

So did you or what

I just got high and watched pineapple express

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
That's a good one

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
All the Real Girls was the most amazing movie. You also know within the first 5 minutes if you're going to love it or absolutely hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Chill Penguin posted:

That's a good one

'tis

• Locked thread