Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

n/t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LinkedIn (/ˌliŋkt.ˈɪn/) is a business- and employment-oriented social networking service that operates via websites and mobile apps. Founded on December 28, 2002,[6] and launched on May 5, 2003,[7] it is mainly used for professional networking, including employers posting jobs and job seekers posting their CVs.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I'm not sure I understand. LinkedIn is going to start producing television?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

myDad posted:

I'm not sure I understand. LinkedIn is going to start producing television?
You are correct on both counts: LinkedIn is going to produce original television shows, and you don't understand.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
What a world..

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
what

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This is finally gonna be where the Halo TV show takes off

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
I think this is the wrong direction for them. Imagine if they started letting people live stream their work day like in The Circle

That way you can compare experiences like surreptitiously vaping in the bathroom at different companies if you're looking for a change of pace

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Is this a place where I can make inappropriate comments about shows and sports that will be read by all my coworkers and potential future employers?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm also open to streaming the NFL if the terms are right. I don't have any plan or infrastructure but I do have a can do attitude.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
those computer nerds over in san francisco are some real dorks

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Ah, gay mandatory Facebook is now producing something for once.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LinkedIn CEO: Company Open To Original Shows, Streaming NFL

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

FactsAreUseless posted:

LinkedIn CEO: Company Open To Original Shows, Streaming NFL

oh ok it makes sense when you put it that way

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
new linkedinbox touted to have the best graphics of any console

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I love all these streaming companies competing to stream lovely Thursday night NFL games that simultaneously air on CBS.

(Even though the last few have actually been oddly good)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

In the words of Ruxin, don't invite me to join LinkedIn. It just reeks of dudes with cell phone holsters.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

this type of low content posting is killing gbs op

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

LinkedIn thinks it's Facebook or Twitter or some poo poo.

And even those companies suck.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

quote:

LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner says they are not pivoting to video as several social media and news media outlets have recently done, but the company is open to buying and developing original shows.

The Microsoft-owned social network for business professionals may join Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Video in producing their very own programming or streaming sports content, Weiner said Friday at The Information Subscriber’s Summit in San Francisco. He noted that shows similar to ABC’s “Shark Tank” could potentially do very well with its business and networking minded users.

“We’re certainly open to the idea of original content and at some point would be very interested in exploring that with various publishers,” Weiner said. “We think there’s a real opportunity there.”

Although LinkedIn only began letting users post video to the social network in August, Weiner said the move to create its own programming could dramatically increase engagement as well as boosting subscription revenue. The potential move comes as Silicon Valley tech giants such as Apple are reportedly dropping $1 billion in pursuit of original content in the next year.

Weiner also expressed interest in pursuing deals with professional sports leagues such as the NFL or NBA. He noted there’s currently “a lot of demand for it,” that could easily be translated to LinkedIn’s user base. In April, Amazon reportedly paid out $50 million for streaming rights to 10 NFL games this season – a move that beat out fellow tech rivals Facebook, Google and Twitter.

death to america

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Very well dressed man spotted illegally filming NFL games

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Putty posted:

Lol

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Train posted:

death to america

They're smelling blood now that the Amazon video guy got fired for raping people. I bet he will not be the first of the Hollywood-> Silicon Valley transplants to get shitcanned for gross sex crimes, leaving a big old hole in the market for an ambitious executive to fill and Weiner thinks he's the right man for the job

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
weiner filling a hole made by weiners filling holes. poetic

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

violent sex idiot posted:

weiner filling a hole made by weiners filling holes. poetic

Rooting for Weiner.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Putty posted:

not unless the halftime show is joy division

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
pivoting to video

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

pivoting to rodeo

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
pivoting complete. someone please help I cant get back

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
That's like how Xhamster made a bid to save sci-fi series sense8. I wonder what ever happened about that

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Fanatic posted:

That's like how Xhamster made a bid to save sci-fi series sense8. I wonder what ever happened about that

negotiations fell through when actors refused bareback anal

ive never seen sense8 so if its about a bunch of minors please forgive me

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

We brought it upon ourselves. Cable got so big so we wanted a la carte. When we could get mostly a la carte with about 3 different log ins, everyone loving took notice and now they will eventually separate THEIR content onto a unique platform....until 5 years later when someone "Disrupts the internet" (likely an anonymous Comcast subsidiary) and starts aggregating content again for a nominal monthly fee!

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
the thought of the website linkedin makes me want to die

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Train posted:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Yeah man the pet store really isnt working out so I decided to leverage all these hamsters and open up a dry-cleaning business

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
LinkedIn : Netflix :: Hollywood Video : Blockbuster

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Blue Train posted:

If the idea of LinkedIn TV shows doesn't make you laugh on its own, I don't know what to tell you.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Streaming NFL isn't going to save Twitter and it won't do poo poo for LinkedIn, whose directors apparently have no idea what to do with their cash.

Do a buyback or a dividend instead of doing... Original shows wtf?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
streaming nfl is a problem because directv keeps owning out of market rights, at least in the us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Jim Dempsey is apparently based a real person. I sent him a connection request. He did not accept it.

gently caress LinkedIn :mad:

• Locked thread