Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've been having quite a lot of fun in this game (at least much more than in the shitfest that is WoT), and I think I've fallen in love with the Ki-61, it's just so maneuverable it's not even funny for the enemy team. Can't fight all that well at high altitude but eh, being closer to the ground gives you more opportunity for acrobatics and flying between buildings.

I've played fighters, heavy fighters and multiroles but I don't know if attack aircrafts are fun to play. They seem really useful as far as capturing goes, but aside from that, they don't do much, do they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
trip report on the P47B :

I expected it to play mostly like the F4U in that it's 30% bombing stuff, 70% shooting planes, but it's actually 70% bombing stuff and 30% shooting planes, for which 8 .50s is kind of good enough, it's just that the plane itself can't turn that well.

6/10, it's alrite, but I'd still rather be flying my Corsair.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I mean it's not bad and after some more games I can say there's stuff it does well:

- carries a shitload of explosives. Do you hate it when your team can't even cap the first base because they are all stupid so they just circle over it continuously? In one pass I destroyed 3 AA emplacement by dropping my bombs on the first two then hammering the last one in a barrage of rockets, and the base was pretty much instantly captured. You can really help turn a battle by bombing the right stuff at the right time, and sometimes the ground attack planes are busy somewhere else.
- it dives well imho, not as well as a true heavy fighter, but well enough that you can seriously damage the less maneuverable planes in one pass (or murder already damaged fighters who don't react fast enough)
- it's only .50s, but there's 8 of them so it's actually kind of alright if you can deal with the kinda bad range. I killed stuff like Il-2s and the like somewhat easily, because they don't overheat and just piss DPM until the target is dead.
- it climbs ok enough that intercepting bomber flights is doable in a pinch. Not exactly its forte, but you have rockets and like mentionned above, 8 .50s will DPM the poo poo out of an A26B

However :
- can't turn
- bad range
- even with a high volume of fire, you don't cripple enemy planes as often or as badly as you'd want

it's not really 100% my playstyle, but it does work

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Darkrenown posted:

So...like half the sale seems not to be working on EU? I have 5* wins. but equipment, planes, and consumables are still all their normal prices.

nah the stuff is discounted, it just doesn't display as discounted.

in related news I'm the proud new owner of a F7F, what equipment should I but on this bad boy

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just wanted to say the F4U-4 is one of the best planes I've ever had the pleasure of flying in, and for some reason the quad 20mm on it work 5 times better than the quad 20mm on the F7F.

I would also like to mention the Fw 190 A-1 is a worthless piece of trash (can't bomb, can't shoot, can't climb, can't turn, can't dive, can't tank, can't snipe and cannot go fast), and the yak 9 is worse than the plane just before it.

in conclusion, multirole fighters are a land of contrast

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When I play heavies I try to do these things:

-drop bombs on objectives early in the battle
-shoot down heavy defense aircraft
-shoot down bombers
-shoot down bombers flights
-dive on isolated targets I can safely take down
-shoot down other heavy fighters who aren't paying attention

imho shooting bombers flights is always helpful, since a flight that reaches its objective is pretty much guaranteed to flip it to the enemy's side

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
At least one thing WoWP has in common with WoT is that sometimes no matter how hard you try, you just can't carry a team of retards to victory.

(I still made like 100k credits so I'm not too upset)

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ugh its Troika posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS TRIUMPH OF THE WILL AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, HITLER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME COMMIE BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED EUROPES MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY LUFTFLOTTE AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE INTHE LUFTWAFFE CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING

this is what I think all the people flying me 262s sound like tbqh

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gently caress I'd hoped they would give me more japanese planes to play with. Or american attack planes. Or a french line. Or...

oh yeah also this happened, 21k battle points. Weirdest thing is I don't even know why I did well

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tell me whether the Airabonita (tier 5 american fighter) or the IL2 mod (tier 5 soviet attack aircraft) are worth getting since they are on a slight discount.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

YellerBill posted:

Some impressively bad teams today, wow. Also the P-47B is... not great. The bombs reload slower than the bombs on the XP-44 I think? And the rockets reload quickly but they're terrible. The guns are okay (if very short ranged) but you'll never get to kill anything as all the enemy players dogpile you looking for the free kill a P-47 on a strafing run often represents

The trick to the P-47 is (as much as there is a trick to it) to dive in, do your bombing run fast and then use your superior speed to get away. The bombs don't reload as fast because you have rockets too, I guess? I definitely agree it would be a much more enjoyable plane if it did receive some sort of buff to either hp, maneuverability or bomb reload speed.

also yeah I asked about the airabonita and Il2(m) because I'm on EU and we don't get the nice free stuff. Unless you consider that tier 3 supermarine oversized piece of garbage "nice".

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd like to declare a fatwa on planes with more than 2 different kinds of guns on them (or really more than 1 is already dumb), because that's just retarded.

For instance take the me410 : you have a pair of 7.92s that are pretty much just taking space, 2 20mms that do a good job since they have good range, and a pair of 30mms that need insane amounts of lead but pack a punch. Problem is sometimes while trying to figure out the lead on something, you sometimes hit the enemy with the 7.92s, so you start hearing the clicks of hit confirmation but you aren't doing any real damage because it's just 7.92 and it's beyond trash at the tier so you just wasted a pass.

My point is that it's better to have 4 decent guns that you can easily bring on target rather than 2 lovely guns, 2 alright guns and 2 temperamental guns that all work against eachother.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ok, I guess turn fighter supremacy IS a thing after all

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ok, next time I get a good battle in one of my heavy fighters, I will make sure to also post it here so people have proof that heavies can wreck stuff too and that I'm a trash talking abusive rear end in a top hat towards the enemy team.

though let's be honest, WG kinda hosed up at first by releasing ridiculously strong heavy fighters that just annihilated everything else in the air (the first time I played wowp like 2 years ago I got destroyed by diving me110s like 5 times in as many battles and I uninstalled), then hosed up more by trying to get people to play more fighters by releasing a billion lines of fighters to grind(seriously did the soviets need 3 fighter branches when the americans and japanese tech trees still feel so empty?), before radically changing the gameplay (mostly for the better) by making it more about objectives rather than heavy fighters duking it out at 5000 feet and then diving on whoever didn't pick a heavy fighter this round.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I only very rarely see one of the british heavy fighters above tier 7, are they garbage or something?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gently caress the spitfires, seriously.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Hornisse is alright, as long as you accept that out of your 6 guns, at best you will only be hitting with two of them at once because you have 3 different kind of leads. (unless you're shooting bomber flights from behind but then it's not exactly a tough target anyway)

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Speaking of heavies :

:byewhore: I won't miss you flying dumpster fire :byewhore:

Anyway yeah, I'm seconding (thirding? Fourthing?) just getting the me265 from the Hornisse, it's much less annoying than having to grind through garbage lower tier german attack planes I just endlessly shoot down.

Also does anyone know what kind of operation orders there are? I'm at 82 Tokens and I'm hesitating between 1)getting to 90 or above and getting myself something nice or 2)just getting a blenheim bomber right now before they are REMOVED FOREVER

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burt posted:

Keep the 20mms, the 30s need you to be way too close before you can hit anything. That extra 200m makes all the difference when you start unloading on someone in a dive.

I would say the gun selection influences what target you should engage and what playstyle to favor:
-if you pick the 30s, go for high altitude interception and shoot down bombers (enemy team and flights) or the occasional enemy heavies, and only go down to lower altitude if you see something you think you can kill in one pass (you have to be good at leading, too).
-if you pick the 20s, then yeah, going for BnZ is much more doable, but shooting down tough targets will be more of a pain.
-don't mix 20s and 30s. just don't.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if you don't like only having .50s, don't bother playing the P47 branch because oooooooooooooooh boy is it made even harder by the poo poo awful maneuverability. I'd gladly trade those 8 .50 for just like 2 or 3 20mms.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Darkrenown posted:

Switching to Universal ammo is pretty nice on MG-heavy planes if you're not already using it.

I considered doing just that, but then I saw the price and I quickly changed my mind. If I had premium, I wouldn't have minded, but I'm rather stingy.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm tempted to get either the A6M3 or the SE100, mostly because more credits is always nice.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's essentially a stock tier 5 spitfire, premium, so it's already miles ahead of this piece of flying garbage that is the type 224.

edit : the type 2 german plane looks to be a little trash tho, but hey, never gonna complain about a free garage slot

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You know what would be nice? If the ingame gun description would indicate what's the shell velocity so you have a vague idea of what the lead should be compared to other guns.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I absolutely hated the P47B (tier 6) which I felt was just a lovely fighter and a mediocre ground attack plane, but for some reason I'm enjoying the P47N (tier 7) much much more. I mean it still can't turn for poo poo and the .50s have trash range, but somehow I have had a lot more fun in it.

Either it has some sort of magic thing that makes it good, or I might just have finally learned not to get in turn fights against spitfires and japanese fighters with it.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
2.02 patch notes

- Event with stuff to win, and Secret Santa.
- New planes! (also old planes added to the ingame shop)
- premium planes removed from the shop! (so if anyone can look at the list and tell me if there's any I should be getting before its REMOVED FOREVER, please tell me I'd really appreciate it.)
- system fixes
- interface changes
- new maps, and new hangars
- bug fixes

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burt posted:

Where's the loving patch???

You have had my £25 WG, where's me Santa boxes??!!!!

Also French planes are all good, with some being very good indeed.

"Dear pilots,
The deployment of the update 2.0.2 has been temporarily postponed due to some technical issues found when releasing the new content.

Our team is working hard to have this content live as soon as possible, we will update you once a new release time is defined.

Thanks for your patience!"

yeah that's the WG we know and love

edit : lmao are people mad as gently caress on the wowp forums, there's literally a guy asking if he will be compensated for this awful WG treason because he had cancelled work meetings to play the new update loving lol

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 20, 2017

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
sure, sucks for you guys but I'm sure that when I will roll the gacha, I will get nice stuff because I'm lucky!

edit : I'm going to go with the allies for that event thing, mostly because I assume most pubs will pick the side with the biggest number of flags, even though there's the wehraboo factor to keep in mind

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 21, 2017

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
during the event, if you're playing allies, remember to always be kind and respectful towards the axis team by congratulating them on a match well played by saying something like "dresden was only the beginning you wurst sucking kraut pieces of trash" or just a short "eat poo poo fascists"

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I open my loot crates and nice! I got missions for the RB17

However those missions need to be completed in a bomber of tier IV or above, and I only have a blenheim. This is loving bullshit

edit : further bullshit, those missions have to be completed within 24 hours, but you can extend for another 24 hours by paying with tokens. I also received the mission for the dornier Do17M and here the mission sub-objectives (that you have to do one after the other) 1) shoot down 2 enemies with your rear guns in a battle (easy enough) 2) capture 80 objectives (you're gonna have to extend at least once if you want to get this one done, lol) 3) get 3 loving Lang medals LMAO loving hell what a loving joke... but you can skip those subobjectives by paying with tokens, for instance sub objectives 2 and 3 require 25 and 35 tokens, respectively! and those requirements only go up from there, for instance, getting the RB17 would require 220 tokens, which admittedly is still much cheaper than acquiring it WITHOUT the mission, but still.

so either poopsock like a madman or just empty your token wallet lmao, but I'm pretty hosed with my meager 40 tokens. Too bad, I wanted the Hurricanes and Tornado.

I guess hope to get tokens in your santa bags???

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 22, 2017

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Does the model actually change when you go from the inline to the radial (centaurus)? Because inline engines look lame as gently caress. (except maybe the ki61, but then again they ended up putting a big radial on it too and it looked loving beastly)

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
shark mouth paintjobs are the only saving grace of inline engines, yes.

edit : but let's be honest, a huge part of the people who have those kind of paintjobs are into vore, which only further cements the fact that inline engines are liked by deviants

edit 2 : other 2PAC members, don't be surprised if members of clan [EDEL] whine to you about me calling them nazis. After all they are only an all-german clan whose clan emblem is one of those little SS black shields, with an edelweiss on it, most likely a reference to SS mountain troops. But you know, totally not nazis.

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 22, 2017

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hreple posted:

Got the JU88 in a crate - german bomber. It's got weak defensive gunners and pretty bad gunners. And as long as it cant research anything else - right now I feel like just selling it seeing it seems poo poo. Fun ...

well at least you got *something*, I only got missions that for some reason I can't complete:

-assist in destroying 12 aerial targets -> I get 15 assist points but it doesn't work???
-get 2500 points while defending sectors -> 12.5k, mostly done defending sectors, nothing???

I have the fleeting suspicion this event is bugged as gently caress, and at this point I'd rather get even the shittiest plane in a crate, no questions asked, rather than having to try my luck with WG's awful translation + bugged missions to get a premium tier 8 for free.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's not exactly the most exciting thing ever though, out of the 8 lootboxes I opened, I got maybe 200k credits, some useless consumables, a tier II lightweight frame, and one (1) token. Oh and a few super cool missions that I cannot possibly complete without poopsocking/spending even more tokens.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I decided to get myself a few new planes with the discounts and I guess radials can have a shark mouth decal but it does look a little different since you have to move the entire engine behind the pilot.

also I'm rather disapointed because according to wiki the XP72 could have 4 37mm autocannons instead of the 6 .50, but hey, that's life.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burt posted:

The XP-58 guns are... "something else".

Also I have a bug in game where I am not getting any of my earned XP or credits after a game, which kind of sucks as it's x5. I have put a ticket in but not expecting much.

The advice for pretty much any issue in WoWP is "99% of the time, deleting the game cache helps"

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
aw this sucks.

maybe this pic will cheer you up though

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
YP-29, F2A1, model 81A1, XF4U-1, are any of those shitpiles worth keeping?

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 26, 2017

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I really like my A6M3exp, though I guess it's only moderately newbie-friendly because of the lead you have to use with the 30mms + low-ish hp + low-ish speed. Others have said the french tier 5 premiums (both the heavy and fighter), and the british mustang IA (with the 20mms) are also worth considering. Also at a glance, it looks like the chinese premiums are pretty decent, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
fuuuuuck 3 days in a row where I don't get a mission to complete, after getting 3 missions on the first day...

• Locked thread