Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Pendent posted:

I know Flamu talked about binding different weapons to different mouse buttons which is almost as good.

You can do that under controls, yeah. I have not yet figured out what weapons go into what binds though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Beaufighter.tiff

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

ugh its Troika posted:

Do you mostly do air combat or shoot poo poo on the ground too?

I drop the bombs and rockets on ground targets of opportunity around the start of the battle, then focus on air combat. I try to focus, in order, on other heavies, spitfires, German BnZers, then any other plane I see. Also, making as few turns as possible, to keep my speed up high. Use intermissions between engagements to gain height, get an overview of things.

Ground attacks don't work in some other Heavies though, like the Me 410.

The 30mils on this kill CommCenter bombers right quick, though. Solo a whole flight of five in moments.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Play one match today, get a free hangar slot. Win or lose.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

In a few months, I've elited 62 out of the 156 aircraft in the game (~40%). I can't imagine how many months of grinding the equivalent accomplishment took in World of Tanks.

This game is much, much more forgiving - especially on the higher tiers. I see 3k+ experience in decent games with the yak-19, while similar games in Tanks would get you 800 XP at best.

• Locked thread