Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

That'll do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Burt posted:

Nice.

So am I correct in thinking;

Lightning bolts = creds
Medals = exp?

You get medals for stuff that affects the amount of combat points you get, like bombing bases, killing NPC planes that are defending a base and killing players attacking a base?

I am seriously a bit confused about scoring in games as when I think I have a good game killing loads of players I get poo poo exp but then when I drop a couple of bombs, shoot an AA post and knock a few bombers down I get way more?

Also the bombers. I got the Blenheim and how you play it is get to 3000m, press left shift to open up your bomb sight, and rain destruction on bases with your very rapidly respawning bombs. Anyone even tries to attack you, you use your 60 second boost to just fly even higher and zoom away. It's WoWP's version of carriers/arty :haw:

This only works with the blenheim and a-26 bombers. And it is the reason I didn't bother even attempting the t8 one (also, the cost is about twice the planned gold cost post event will be). By t8, heavy fighters will regularly be hanging out around your ceiling as well and their cannons can and will gently caress you up in a hurry. On the other hand, you do have quad jets to make a quick escape I suppose.

That said, is there a t8 premium I should keep my eye out ofr to grab if it comes up? I assume the collector's pack thing isn't worth it?

Mainly, I need a way to make more money. I can break around 100k at best and that is with my bombers.

Edit: as for bolts versus medals. As far as I have been able to tell, bolts is raw damage which affects credits. Medals is reward for doing your plane's role. I have no idea how that rolls in, but that is what affects it.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I always get the gun/bomb optics on my planes. Like camo net in tanks, they can be freely dismounted.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Burt posted:

Forgive me Father for I have sinned against the almighty BEAUFIGHTER [best plane]

I have got a Spitfire, and it makes me moist.

First plane I have managed to go an entire game without getting shot down once. It turns on a sixpence and the 20mm cannons just tear stuff up.

Now you need to comedy it up and get the I-17.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The a-26 is also great at countering other a-26s. This is thanks to the front guns it has. I think it is 6x .50 cal.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Nordick posted:

Well, to my great delight, the P-40 is actually a joy to fly and the .50cals don't really feel anemic at all to me. Sure, I can't just gank someone out of the sky like with a good burst from quad Hispanos, but on the other hand they feel a lot more consistent to me. It's so easy to keep the stream of bullets on target and chainsaw a motherfucker down, whereas with cannons I tend to whiff the occasional shell which immediately puts a big dent on the damage output.

Plus the P-40 also leads to the P-38, so hey I get to have fun in a cool plane while making progress towards other cool planes!

Well, keep going and fly the pancake while at it then.

Also, I was reading on the wiki about how the IL-10 is hilarious. Apparently it started life as an armored fighter, then they gave up and made it an attack plane. In other words, it isn't poo poo to maneuver in unlike the previous planes.

Oh, and still shout out love for the I-17. Quite maneuverable while packing one heck of a gun. There is a yak further up the tree with a 45mm cannon on it :laffo:.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

YellerBill posted:

There's an entire line of those! The USSR multirole fighters are glorious sniper planes that can outright delete things with 2/3 health or less

e: Those big-gun yaks actually existed afaik, which I think is the funniest part. The cannon recoil would cause coolant leaks!

I know they had to exist because they are/were a line of bullshit planes in war thunder as well.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

So I heard the i-15bis isn't op, confirm/deny? And yes, I was last man standing and collected like, 5 kills at the end. I was also thinking about lawn darting shortly before because the enemy team was at 2 planes dead a bit into the squall while my team had 3 alive.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I love how the 50 cals just have a hard time overheating. At least the US ones. On the other hand, I don't like how even at t10, you'll still be using somewhere between 6-8 50cals on anything that isn't a heavy fighter. I think the navy gets cannon, but that it about it. Meanwhile, every other nation's tree stops using 50 cal as a primary armament by around tier 7.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

Oh, in that case, I'll probably be giving WG some money. You can just outright buy the things too.

edit: I haven't crunched how much yet, so maybe not.

Also, Burt, do you mean the Warhawk?

Don't outright buy. If you have like, 3/4ths of the pats, it will be cheaper, but going from 0 parts to a completed aircraft will cost too much. I saw a reddit post of someone talking about the t8 bomber. If you look on the wiki, it costs something like 12k gold according to it. However, to go form no parts, it'll set you back about 30k gold for the tickets. So a $50ish plane will cost you $120 if you go that route.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Looks no different than the other two honestly. I'm more amused at watching his team fold it up anyway. Also amused that the russians decided that putting stacking the jet engines that way instead of individually on the wing was a good idea. I can just see the lower engine suddenly producing more thrust than the upper and stressing the whole link.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Better than me. If I nail 45% I'd be happy. Games are swung by the bots too much to influence.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Nordick posted:

A large part of that problem is that fighters can contribute both on the attack and on the defense. You go in, do your stuff, cap some bases, but when it comes to actually holding those bases to secure the win, bombers and GA planes are kinda dead weight. Fighters can just keep doing their thing and be useful, but once your team has 2 out of 3 bases, all GA can do is either twiddle their thumbs waiting for the score to tick, or barge into the last enemy base and hope some fighter support follows, eventhough said support doesn't really have much incentive to. Simply put, there will always be something for fighters to do while for GA there might not be.

One way to help with this issue could be some sort of AI ground forces that attack opposing bases and could potentially cap them back, and GA could deal with those while fighters focus on keeping up the air supremacy.

As much as I love dogfighting in the P-40 and tearing poo poo up with heavy fighters, I'd love to do some lawnmowing once in a while too. As of now it just feels a bit frustrating and kinda futile too often.

Yeah, I've noticed that a few times. Our team has all the caos, I'm in my il-2, all I can do now is just base defend against enemy attack fighters really.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Burt posted:

Nice new hanger for the 4th birthday, and you can now buy the bombers for tokens.

Although it appears you can no longer buy tokens.

Now go check exactly how many tokens then choke on your own tongue as you work out the gold value.

You could always buy with tokens. That is what was meant earlier about not buying it directly because the gold price for all the tokens is way way higher than even wargaming's gold price in the wiki. That gold price scales with parts though. The more parts you have, the lower the token price. So there is a point where you could get it for less than the price of bomber later, but I think it is around half or more of the parts before you hit that point.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I can not for the life of me figure out carry in this game. It just doesn't seem possible. Loss with 10k+ damage dealt, but apparently the damage was in the wrong place because I lost? Never mind that at best, my team is always half bots. Also, It doesn't seem to matter which plane I play, once poo poo hits the tail, I'm dead as there is no way to get them off before you lose hp. Either in trying to boost, trying to hit the deck (How does flying 20ft off the ground protect you anyway when invariably, it is bots on you?), or just wiggling around.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Wait, should you be carrying bombs in heavy fighters? I've been avoiding them because of the speed penalty. IIRC, the speed change is permanent whether the bombs are there or not. The blenheim I have bombs equipped since it is internally carried with no penalty. But externals I have avoided (I'll take the penalty for rockets though).

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Another pro-tip I figured out. The a-26's horrible spread can be mitigated. Try stepping on the airbrake as you make the run in, you'll nearly hover which puts the bombs more on target. This also works on attack aircraft to hover longer with your guns, but I assume people knew that already. By default, flaps are automatically deployed while pressing the airbrakes.

According to antonio, your boost recovers faster while airbraking as well because you are "cooling" them. I honestly didn't notice a difference and fighters have such short boost charges that it'll seem to recover fast whatever you do.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Burt posted:

Using flaps when you get up into a bomber stream also works well as you can generally start shooting at max distance and kill at least 2 before you need to circle back round.

Also never don't shot rockets at bombers and whomever was saying that you die when a plane gets on your tail at low level? Try dropping a bomb. Rocketeer and Bombardier achievements in one game last night.

I've tried that, but generally fail anyway. However, I've also been caught out when I don't have any bombs or rockets as I had just finished my attack run.

Anyway, here is the IL-1 that they'll be putting on a limited sale soon:
https://worldofwarplanes.com/warplanes/ussr/il-1/

Might pick it up, I dunno.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Never ignore the attack planes. I often find myself doing sector defense in my attack planes because the rest of my team don't.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
It depends on the cannpns. The 30mm on the yak-7 requires a good bit of lead. Also, it overheats after 3 or 4 shots. The 20s don't seem to require mich lead though.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The only reason to go up the ussr multiroles is for the t10 comedy. aka, 2x 57mm cannons on a jet.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

El_Molestadore posted:

These are decent stats for a noob that just bumbled into tier 6 right?

I know it's a small sample size but look at that winrate :sigh:

To be fair, I don't feel like win rate is as controllable as thwir other games now. Mainly because half or more of your team are bots. And of them, it seems to use rng to decide each skill level they use.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

The A-26 bomber is such a hilarious troll bomber once you get used to it. Airbraking for drops makes it easy to wipe out a full structure cluster with a single drop of 4 bombs.

As I had linked this in discord and realized not everyone uses discord, I'd figure I'd link it here. This is a video of the il-40. That thing is hilarious. I looked it up and the fab-500s this thing drops have the largest radius in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd76sGmTQuo

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 9, 2017

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Nordick posted:

If the planes in this game could talk, the BEAUFIGHTER would be voiced by BRIAN BLESSED.

They are tied for first place with a bunch of others, yeah. Including the Me 210's SC 500s, which no other German plane gets for some reason. (One way to make the alpha test reward plane feel special, I guess?)

However, out of all the 90 radius bombs, the Soviet ones deal the most damage (relevant if you catch something tough on the edge of the blast zone I guess?) and that thing gets to combine them with a seriously beefy load of rockets AND some apparently ridiculously powerful cannons. So uh, yeah.

Hell, an IL-2 can capture some bases alone pretty quickly with some good aim and ordnance allocation (source: I have done it myself) but the IL-40 looks like it just makes it hilariously easy.

EDIT:

I wonder whether WG wanted to actually try and create an illusion of a more populated game or were just taking the piss. Whatever the case, I find the bot chatter wholly unreasonably aggravating. Like, shut the gently caress up bot, you're here as cannon fodder and that's it. I don't want my goddamn clay pigeons crying hax when I shoot them.

They should make the chat function into a neural network that learns from actual player chat, that could actually be funny.

Yeah, It looks pretty hilarious on what it can do. I just got the il-2(t) and the fab-250s for it. Those are amazing already. Not that the 100s aren't horrible either though. Especially when compared to other nation's piddly bombs. The german attack planes just decide to middle finger the whole thing though. The stukkas just get twin 37s (87) or a single 57mm (88). No bombs or missiles for two tiers of attack aircraft.

After so more reviews though, I think I know where to place my time in planes. I had been avoiding the usaf fighter line because I've been burned by war thunder's simulator guns where 50 cals lose finesse by tier 6 or 7 and these planes only get 50 cals. However, unlike gaijin, wargaming realized that won't work and gradually up their damage. So they are still competitive, but since they are only 50 cals, overheating is more difficult.

So yeah, looking at restarting the usaf fighters, along with the usn planes (f4f is hilarious already as I've taken a beaufighter out in a head on fight because, oh yeah, I have hvar missiles), ussr yak low level fighter, ussr attack plane (il-), annnd the japanese multiroles. jp multiroles are a spinoff branch from the jpn tree. You get to keep the pretty high maneuverability iconic of ijn planes while geting to wield a couple of sizeable bombs for anti-aa work.

Protip: please please please for the love of god, please as a multirole target the aa guns. As an attack aircraft getting focused by 4-5 low level aa guns isn't funny. As a bomber, those drat flak cannons hurt.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Creamed Cormp posted:

trip report on the P47B :

I expected it to play mostly like the F4U in that it's 30% bombing stuff, 70% shooting planes, but it's actually 70% bombing stuff and 30% shooting planes, for which 8 .50s is kind of good enough, it's just that the plane itself can't turn that well.

6/10, it's alrite, but I'd still rather be flying my Corsair.

Yup, the middle of that line plays differently from the start and end from what I can tell. The corsairs just get worse and worse at turning as the tiers go up. However, the other line loses agility in the t6-8 bracket. It does get better at t9 and 10. Also, that line skips bombs and doubles up on missiles while the corsairs stick to bombs.

Also, the us heavy fighters have a special distinction at t10. It is the fastest plane in the game.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Nordick posted:

Well the premium plane from the fourth anniversary thing is pretty amusing. It's staggering how many pubbies just try and turnfight against a drat biplane. Damage output isn't great but is compensated by how ridiculously easy it is to glue yourself to someone's tail. Makes good money too.

So similar to the i-15bis?

Also, the il-1 looks.. interesting. I may have to buy one to see though. It is a multirole with a pair of fab-100s for ground combat. But it also has just a pair of 23mm cannons. And this is a multirole, not an attack aircraft. 10.8s 360 turn is pretty good honestly.

Edit: and while the outdoor hangar from the patch was nice, the actual anniversary hangar is pretty impressive.

Edit 2: Soo.. I think I figured out why these bot matches seem to easily turn into blow outs. A pubbie mentioned it yesterday and I never noticed until it was pointed out. Then koth mentioned experiencing it as well last night on discord. Basically, watch your map. I just had a poo poo game where 4 of my teammates (all bots) decided that after capturing a garrison, they'd just sit there supplementing the air defense group. This was in the south. In the middle was a missile base and in the north was an airbase. So the fight was between the north and middle and we got our rear end handed to us because their bots didn't get stuck.

In other words, whoever gets the bugged bots will be the losers. It isn't rng skill level, it is straight up a movement bug in the bots where they get stuck circling a sector. Either movement or didn't get the update that it is in friendly hands now.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 10, 2017

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hey US players, today is grind day.

https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/veteransday2017/

Win with a top 5 and get 3k xp. Repeatable.

Edit: Speaking of missing things, I hope the xb-35 with the 20mm cannon turrets shows up in the upcoming bomber tree for the US. There was a jet powered one just after WW2 as well (this all precludes the b-2 we know today). Germany had a flying wing design as well they could use for t10.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 11, 2017

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ugh its Troika posted:

It says 3000 XP on the webpage, but ingame it's 25,000 silver.

drat, your right, I didn't notice even though I had a few wins earlier.

Still though, the 5x is pretty ridiculous as it is.

That was the A6M2. And it wasn't fully upgraded yet. Just the hull and cannons upgraded. At one point, I got into a low level turn fight with a beaufighter. I have no idea what the person was thinking, but they would have been more effective leveling off, hitting boost, and taking over control of his quad gun turret (said turret never shot at me because the angle was too sharp for it).

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mans posted:

wait warplanes is good again? lmao i played this game so much when it was released i have tier seven planes and poo poo, now i can actually play with humans again?

drat, world of warplanes and warships being good is really weird. One day Tanks will be playable again :unsmith:

You missed out on the halloween event in tanks. That was fun since they had working multi turreted tanks.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Oh hey, the devs wrote up a blog about AA guns. It includes range numbers for the light and heavy emplacements.

http://blog.worldofwarplanes.com/mechanics/aa-guns-20-smarter-meaner-more-useful/

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Bought the la-11 since I needed a good tier 8 premium plane to make money with. Got to see an il-20. That thing...

https://worldofwarplanes.com/warplanes/ussr/il-20/

That has got to be the most hilarious design I've ever seen.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Btw, air defense planes and ground targets aren't the only part to capping a point. Die-ing inside a cap point is a penalty to your team's score. Red team kills are worth more than air defense planes. Always attack them over the defense planes. This also means that die-ing in a cap circle by an enemy player gives the most to the enemy team.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Again, you should probably compare the D model (or H, for that matter) to its tier equivalents to get a real comparison. The A model is anemic by any standard, but at T7 it looks there are some actual pros and cons for all the fighter lines.

With that said, the real reason the Spitfire's so good is the same reason certain other picks in various WG games are so good - their big disadvantages aren't represented in-game, so instead they just get their full advantages, while lines that compromised to not have that disadvantage get jack poo poo. The Spitfire, especially the earlier models but the issue persisted for the entire line, had absolutely horrible range. Early war, it was good for close-range interception and that was about it. Hell, even its iconic role in the Battle of Britain is mostly false, with the vast majority of the work done by Hurricanes - and I'm pretty annoyed that line is nowhere in the game, just getting four models of Spitfire instead.

Don't forget that early spitfires couldn't do steep dives as the negative gs would hold the fuel in the carb. Subsequently, when pulling out of said dive, the engine would as tbe carb dumped all the fuel it had collected in the dive. The bf109 didn't have this problem because it was fuel injected.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

They actually are crap, and they'll continue to be crap until they add something to the game that makes them just as important as the current total meta domination of turn fighting - which probably won't be until they add bombers. That will finally let heavy fighters utilise the only real advantage they have over fighters and multiroles, which is the ability to reach high altitude and maintain top speed in a single boost. Fighters can get up there and defeat heavy fighters easily enough, but it takes too long to get up to bomber height and then catch them, and it looks like bombers are going to be pretty important.

That bundle pack...

https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/blot-out-the-sun/

:laffo:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Speaking of the p-40, I found out the little warbird museum just around the corner of the house has a p-40 in it. All their planes are specifically restored to full flight capability. They also have a b-25, tbm-3, and a p-51d fully restored. They are working on a fw-190 a-8 and a fg-1d (this specific plane is of note as that it is a f4u-1d made by goodyear, but is also the plane that was used in the show baa baa black sheep).

Definitely going to have to take a peak in there some time. This isn't counting that wright patt isn't that far away either.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Get a J4M Senden. That thing is a complete blast to play. Just rapid boom and zoom everything. It has a very rapid boost. Oh, and a 37mm cannon on the nose so a single tap from it will be noticed by the enemy.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Burt posted:

Bought the French GA plane, it's fun if you like playing GA and more importantly, it makes money. A lot of money. :homebrew:

To add to this concerning tier 8s.

XP-58 Chain Lightning:
I don't know how I feel about it. Mainly because I am bad at large caliber cannons and heavy fighters in general. You get quad 37s on the nose. But they overheat pretty easily too. Shell flight time feels about the same at the twin 37s on the il-2/il-2(t) (probably higher, but I'm only up to the twin seat model currently). I can't say on cash because do so poorly in it. (Edit: Oh yeah, she has 2x2 50 cals for rear gunner support which can mess up tail followers pretty good)

J4M Sinden:
Yeah, this is a tier 7, but if you want a taste of the ijn multiroles that take over the navy line at tier 8, this is the plane. Maneuverability isn't the greatest and does better with boom and zoom tactics. The good news is that the boost kicks in instantly allowing you to quickly hit max boost speed to get out. I also drop my bombs in a more dive bomber attitude as this plane prefers high altitude. Be careful of planes on your tail though, this is a pusher engine design. Makes some good money as well.

La-11:
What can I say, it is more la goodness wrapped up into a premium vehicle. Decent credits as well. Be warned however that tier 8 is that transition period to jets. And you are a single engine propeller aircraft. Good credit earner as well.

P-80A:
My very first jet aircraft. Not a bad little plane actually. I'm picking up 100+k even in a loss with it so far. Pretty snappy, but you are still subsisting on 6x mgs that the americans oh so loved. My greatest bane in this plane are me-262s. No, I'm not joking. Before you can do anything to get on them, they'll be long gone out of your mg range. Meanwhile, head on is a death sentence. And this was a bot me-262. All I could do that entire game was literally try to be wherever it wasn't.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Burt posted:

XP-58.
1 rule NEVER GO BELOW 1500m.

If you do it better be that you are chasing something from high up and you have not touched the boost button. If you get below 1000m you want all your boost available and you boost away then up. DO NOT BOOST STRAIGHT UP, YOU WILL DIE TO EVERYTHING.

I have a gunsight and marksman skill on my pilot and half the time I don't even go into "sniper view" just point the nose where you think the shells need to go and most of the time 2 clicks will get you a kill.

When you log in and see command centers then you know you are going to make money as this thing eats bomber streams. I can take all the bombers out faster than most fighters can take 1 down. Very rare I get less than 150k in this and normal games are 250k+. I constantly get record high scores in this plane simply because shooting bombers down is absurdly weighted for heavies.

NEVER GO INTO REAR GUN MODE, your rear guns will take down damaged fighters by themselves and you are seriously loving yourself over in maneuverability if you leave pilot mode.

I have a love/hate relationship with this plane, I have gotten both 200 and 3832 XP in it.

Yeah, that sounds about like my experience. Some games, I get something out of it and do well. Other games, I feel like all I did was faff about and just dead weight the team to a loss. Some of this is affected by the hours as well I know. Getting into games where there is only one living person on each team makes for a complete crapshoot on getting anything done as your bots head off into 50 different directions.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

P-80a is a good money maker. It took me a few flights to adjust to it. On the surface, it seems pretty bad being a jet with only 50 cals. But most things you can clown pretty easily (don't attack bomber squads though as you will get devoured by all the machine guns). The 262 is also one I avoid as mentioned before. I know it was a bot, but even with that disadvantage on the 262, I couldn't kill it to save my life.

I'm been finding my stride now in my game. Mainly in terms of figuring out what planes match my playstyle. Ground attack planes are fairly straight forward and I have all kinds of fun with them. Fighters are quite playable, but really boring to me. Shoot other planes and that is all they do. Multiroles are fun because they generally still have some agility because they are meant to rumble with fighters as well as hit some ground targets.

Heavy fighters are a mixed bag. I've only played the premium us heavies, but I just don't have fun in them. Likewise, I didn't much enjoy uk either (sold the beaufighter, but it wasn't fully upgraded admittedly). For some reason though, the german heavy fighters have clicked well with me. Knocked through the bf110e yesterday so I have the hornise unlocked. Just gotta play some premium t8 games for the cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Burt posted:

Honestly the Lightnings are the worst of the US heavy line, so if you like them and can make them work you will be fine. The F7F is fun, and a very easy grind, the pancake is utterly amazing BUT it only really shines when you get the cannons. Don't stress about getting the Tiny Tim rockets because they are very underwhelming, but the 2x1000lb bombs make a dent on bases which will give you a couple of ticks of combat exp.

I cannot get into the Japanese planes at all, the agility is fantastic and they get some good guns but gently caress are they slow!! My heart drops when the game is archipelago with just the 3 cap points that are spread out. I rebought the zero yesterday with the 50% price reduction, played 2 games and realised why I had sold it. I realise that they have to balance these planes somehow but reading the latest dev blogs where they talk of bigger maps I am not going to be going up the glorious Nippon line any time soon.

I think this is solved once you make the leap to multirole, but haven't checked (I'm still at tier 6 witht he zeroes).

Today, I saw what should have been a winning combination end badly for the little flight. A mossie and an a-26b teamed up. This made sense. However, either the mossie pilot was bad, or I dunno, but I kept focused on clowning them wherever they ended up on the map in my me-410. This plane is such a dice roll and I know that is partly because she isn't fully upgraded yet. Also, the a-26b made the mistake of going to turret mode to deal with me as I settled on his rear. This mistake was because I still had 3 rockets which I happily tossed at his leveled off backside. One connected and rocketeer was had.

Generally, two mossie would probably have gotten me killed. Or the combo would work if it was bots (though, if you are flying your a-26 to 3k, you don't have much threats even from bots anyway).

Edit: Grief time! Did you know suiciding on your own point counts against the capture points of your own team? That is right, lawn darting your own capture points will award points to the enemy. Not only that, but since you are of the player planes instead of the defense aircraft, your death is worth more. Go ahead and assist your team in losing the battle quicker when your team has only one cap left, its under pressure and squall line hasn't even been announced yet.

And because pubbies are universally retarded, they are also unaware that cap points amp up in rate if superiority is achieved.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 9, 2017

• Locked thread