Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've just jumped on board the Warplanes train after hearing some good things about it. Up to Tier 5 just now in the Spitfire 1 and Beaufighter.

Are there any tips on dropping bombs more accurately? Rockets are cool and good, but bombs seem to rely on split second timing and luck to hit things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Are bots marked like they are in Warships with the colons around their name?

The Albion mission seemed to be pretty easy if you played Allies as I never lost a single game fighting the good fight.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

No they're not, but they do all have simple, single word, normal real life names, so you can be sure that xXx_WeedLORD_BonerHITLER_xXx is not a bot

Also, you get to see in the post battle screen - to the right of every name is a + button for inviting to a flight, if that button is greyed out, it's a bot.

I assume they're also not the ones that suffer from an extreme elliptic fit as soon as you shoot at them as well.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

You are using the shift key to switch to bombsight right?

What?..

I mean yes of course I am....

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Anyone got any tips of pilot skills for planes like the Spitfire, Hurricane II and Mosquito?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

biglads posted:

They are all very different planes. Briefly, Spitfire is a good turn fighter, in the Hurricane use your bombs or rockets on ground targets and then shoot enemy ground attack planes and for the Mossie, stay high to target enemy bombers and heavy fighters and swoop down to hit smaller planes on single passes (don't hang around and get into a maneuvering scrap with fighters, boost away). Also the Mossie has good bombs and rockets so you can make a mess of ground targets too.

I know they are very different, i just not sure which skills are good value or not. Like is eagle eye worth it or just keep saving points for a 2 pointer.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Nordick posted:

The Hurricane II is loving insane.

That is all.

Did you take the gun upgrade and rockets? I feel it's like a massive glass cannon in the that configuration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Nordick posted:

How the hell is this even a question? :v:

I use the bombs for ordnance though, four rockets is a really piddly load for how small their blast radius is. I find the bombs are more reliable and less fiddly with aiming.

I figured some people might want a bit more spray and pray than becoming the Ultimate Death Machine ™ with overheating guns.

• Locked thread