Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burt posted:

The reward Blenheim bomber from the loot crates...

Four games, first 3 losses with me top score in each then a win and top score again. It's WoWP's equivalent of arty or CVs, I just drop bombs on the first target my team goes to, boost up to 3000m then just cruise around capping stuff. Four bombs will destroy any position in a base and your bombs respawn so fast that if you bomb the first thing in the base, you will almost manage three drops before you get to the far edge. Take out the large flak guns first, the 88 looking ones and you are basically just cruising about risk free as no one even tries to chase you.

I do admit to feeling slightly dirty doing this but you make mad creds and exp so gently caress it.

Also I have watched some videos and have seen reload timers on bombs, anyone know how I get it to show or if it's a mod?

The bomber is fun and chill gameplay. Feels like a single player game where you pop red or white dots :shobon:

Press ALT to show the alternate UI items, I haven't found an option to make this the default view though.

NTRabbit posted:

I've got 2 Blenheim parts from about 6 crates, don't think I'm going to get there

It's :homebrew: time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nordick posted:

Yeah, bombers are a little bit bullshit right now. One climbs up to like 3k or more, and your team doesn't happen to have any heavy fighters with good altitude performance? Welp congrats, he's literally untouchable. I tried to catch an A26 with my Beaufighter and was literally unable to climb high enough to reach him properly. Sure, the Beau has a really bad altitude score compared to other heavies of the tier, but I think it's a bit poo poo that bombers can just go full skygod with zero repercussion, just on the whim of the MM.

This definitely changes in the higher tiers (they can still run away REALLY well), the tier 3 bomber is functionally immortal though.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

JuffoWup posted:

The a-26 is also great at countering other a-26s. This is thanks to the front guns it has. I think it is 6x .50 cal.

Monday, Monday MONDAY!

See Battles of the wales @ 3000 ft. Watch Big Bertha vs. Cloud Hopper.

Crush, Kill, DESTROY!

/monster truck announcer voice.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nordick posted:

The increased chance of fire on the Universal .50cal ammo is very noticeable, at least.

And speaking of .50cals, this was a pretty drat nice P-40 match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAwiCB5K8NM

I have a couple of questions. Do you use M+KB for your controls, and if so how do you turn so fast?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NTRabbit posted:

I know you all rave about the Blenheim F, but I really can't get into it, heavy fighters just aren't fun for me. I spawn, I drop some bombs, I make a couple passes at planes, then as soon as a fighter gets on my tail at any altitude that's it, they're impossible to shake and I die.

Yeah I'm not having a good time with Heavy Fighters either. I've seen some people who are REALLY good at them. No idea how they move so drat fast in them, or how they become so tanky. I tend to get insta-shredded whenever I'm flying one.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NTRabbit posted:

Yeah I think the problem is I've never been able to outrun a fighter before it kills me in my heavy fighters in a climb or a dive, go faster button pushed or not, and trying to engage one at low level in a brawl is guaranteed death, because they get out of my guns and onto my tail so fast I never have a chance, and the tail gun has proven worthless on all occasions, both auto and when I've tried it manually. The tail guns sure don't bother me one bit when I'm the one in the fighter doing the chasing.

Shooting down a Blenheim IV is the only time I've ever felt useful in an Fw 57, otherwise it's just an XP pinata for fighters and multiroles, because it lacks any capacity to disengage.

This is me playing a Heavy Fighter as well. What are the gotta go fast heavies anyway? I'm up to tier 5 in Germany and the big fat premium one from the Corsair bundle.

I've seen some people that move through the air at some incredible speeds with like 4 fighters on their tail not giving a gently caress.. I want to be this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NTRabbit posted:

e: I mean, it could be that the Fw 57 is just the single worst plane in the entire game, because it does literally nothing well - even the bombs take so long to reload you have to get lucky to get a chance to drop a second string

I'm starting to think that the German Heavy Fighter line is garbage. Need to check out the P38 Lightning and the Beaufighter when I get a chance to play this weekend.

• Locked thread