Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
space pope
Apr 5, 2003

The corsair code is great 3x premium tier 5 planes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

What are good skills to pick for heavy fighters and fighters? What about equipment for same? I have two us t5 premium fighters, the me210 and the se100 that i to want to trick out.

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

At what point is it worth paying 200k for a pilot?

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

I seem to ram things a lot unintentionally and would like to stop doing it. Especially in head on attacks :/

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

I'm gay for heavy fighters. I just love the look of twin engines. I have 10,000 gold and more than 100k free xp but i dont know how to spend it. I was hoarding it for some tier 9 tanks but wowp has been a nice break.

There's a couple nice deals in the premium shop, not huge savings but you can save $8 on a couple 30 day premium and 3000 gold packs.

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

JuffoWup posted:

Wait, should you be carrying bombs in heavy fighters? I've been avoiding them because of the speed penalty. IIRC, the speed change is permanent whether the bombs are there or not. The blenheim I have bombs equipped since it is internally carried with no penalty. But externals I have avoided (I'll take the penalty for rockets though).

I've been taking bombs. I didn't know the penalty was permanent but it seems to be a good way to get some xp and credits for ground attack.

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

Lord Koth posted:

What are recommended pilot skills for the various plane types anyways? I've got a fair idea for a decent number, but wanted to query those who've played for a while (and/or just have high skill captains they can already experiment with)).

In particular I've been playing fighters, so I've been feeling that Aerobatics Expert, Marksman I & II and Evasive Target are good for the first 10 points, but I'm less certain for the last 5. Maybe Resilience or Adrenaline Rush, plus Battle Tested? Or the two Engine Guru skills?

I have been using this as a general guide:
http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/48518-optimal-crew-skills-equipment-consumables-for-all-types-of-aircraft/

It depends on the kind of plane and equipment you are using.

I've stuck with engine guru and acrobatics so far, but my best crew only have 3 skill points so far.

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

YellerBill posted:

Are there any openings in PANSY atm? I want in

Me too! IGN vuvuzela_salesman.

I played against random Paul last night and realized pansy was in wowp. Is there any point to clans yet?

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

Creamed Cormp posted:

I'm tempted to get either the A6M3 or the SE100, mostly because more credits is always nice.

The se100 is nice, it makes about 100k a game. 4x20mm is very nice, and makes quick work of bombers and GA. The rear 20mm is also a nice surprise and I get at least one rear gunner kill every game.

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

I like the se100. It's a pure gun heavy fighter, but it's useless as a crew trainer if that's a factor. 4x20mm at tier 5 is great and the rear 20 gets at least one self defense kill per game. Great for killing ground attack or bomber flights.

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

After a day of playing I'm gonna say this game is fun as heck. I started going down the British heavy fighter tree, but does anyone have any other recommendations on good lines?

I really enjoy the spitfire line. If you enjoy the turn fighter play style the Japanese fighters are fun too.

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

I got a do17 in a crate. What equipment should I put on it?

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

Burt posted:

Bomb sight, Makes bigger 'splosions and more accurate drops.
Concealing paint job thingy, reduces damage you take from AA by a good %. You take a lot of AA damage.
Reinforced air frame. Bigger, stronger, harder, tougher. Like my winky.

Get demo expert for your pilot, then protection expert. Use free exp to get a 4 point pilot as it's fairly cheap to do it.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking!

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

I am probably just going to put my German heavy crew in it and that's how I have the rear gunner already trained. I think that's the best skill since the rear guns are usually so weak, except for something like the se100 that has the 20mm rear gun.

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

Se100 is good, but not useful as a crew trainer since it's French. The spits are good so I assume the premium is too.

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

Aramoro posted:

I know they are very different, i just not sure which skills are good value or not. Like is eagle eye worth it or just keep saving points for a 2 pointer.

I've always saved the points. The 1 point skills seem pretty useless.

For heavy fighters like the mosquito I go for engine guru and aerodynamics expert ( the one that stacks with engine tuning) for my first 4 points.

For turn fighters like the spit i go with acrobatics and aerodynamics on my first 4 points.

For multirole, I don't really know. I haven't played them a whole lot. They kind of suck at everything and they don't have a good equipment option in my opinion. Maybe bombadier? Maybe marksman?

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

What's better il8 or il10?

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

Do they have any plans to actually make clans useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space pope
Apr 5, 2003

Same. I've been playing warships blitz instead, its fun!

• Locked thread