Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are You Ready for Asuka?
This poll is closed.
(Truth) No 17 10.56%
(Lie) Yes 15 9.32%
(Lying to Yourself) I believe I am 20 12.42%
NOBODY IS READY FOR ASUKA! 54 33.54%
Honestly I'm just grateful we're not getting Sister Abigail.... 55 34.16%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's time once again for TLC, a card that up until a few days ago looked like at best a 2-match show and probably really only a 1-match show. That was until a long-standing report about viral meningitis turned out to probably be true, as WWE suddenly announced that "three performers" were suffering from a virus and the rest of the roster was undergoing immunization (possibly enraging future WWE Hall-of-Famer Jenny McCarthy in the process). The three performers in question are Bo Dallas, Bray Wyatt and surprisingly Roman Reigns, who was main eventing right up till the latest Raw when he got attacked by Kane and Braun Strowman at the end of the show. Now in WWE's haste to damage control, the show has become potentially a lot more fascinating:

Kurt Angle & Raw Tag Team Champions Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins vs. Intercontinental Champion The Miz, Cesaro, Sheamus, Braun Strowman & Kane (5-on-3 Handicap Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match)
With Roman Reigns sidelined for medical reasons, Raw General Manager Kurt Angle will team up with Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins in the epic WWE TLC main event.

“The Demon” Finn Bálor vs. AJ Styles
What was shaping up to be a WMOTYC and probably worst feud against Bray "Sister Abigail" Wyatt has been transformed into a potential MOTYC, as AJ Styles will cross the battle lines from SmackDown LIVE to Raw in a one-night-only clash with Finn Bálor

Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss vs. Mickie James
The “goddess of WWE” Alexa Bliss will put her Raw Women’s Championship on the line against six-time Women’s Champion Mickie James.

Asuka vs Emma in a NOBODY IS READY FOR ASUKA match
The Empress of Tomorrow Asuka’s highly anticipated Raw debut will finally occur at WWE TLC when she collides with the nefarious Emma.

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Kalisto vs. Enzo Amore
Enzo Amore has invoked his rematch clause and will challege Kalisto for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Cedric Alexander & Rich Swann vs. Gentleman Jack Gallagher & THE Brian Kendrick
Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann look to show the WWE Universe that they are the future of the Cruiserweight division when they battle Gentleman Jack Gallagher and THE Brian Kendrick.

Sasha Banks vs. Alicia Fox
After being attacked backstage on Raw by Alicia Fox, Sasha Banks will take on her rival (who isn't Nia Jax who ISN'T on a leave of absence, she's just left to be absent) in a battle for retribution (on the pre-show).

Drew Gulak to present a WWE Cruiserweight Championship Edition of his PowerPoint Presentation
Drew Gulak continues his crusade for a better WWE 205 Live with a special WWE Cruiserweight Championship Edition of his PowerPoint Presentation during the WWE TLC 2017 Kickoff.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

lmao at letting kurt wrestle but not bryan

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

If Kane got involved to get even with Roman for retiring Taker, what reason does he have to be here anymore?

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I appreciate you've got the REAL main event, Drew Gulak's Powerpoint, at the very end of your post.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

With all the changes they should just roll out a Joker's Wild set and randomly determine each match. What's next?

:pulls lever:

Curt Hawkins | Rhyno | Crackers on a Pole Match :v:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
who's ready for the riot that follows jorden replacing kurt

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Kurt will use his authority to even out the odds, adding HIS SON Jason Jordan and...

for the biggest pop the WWE's received in years....

LOCAL BOY CURTIS AXEL

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Raskolnikov38 posted:

who's ready for the riot that follows jorden replacing kurt

I've thought about it and decided that advertising Kurt all weekend only to bring out Jason Jordan would be the most WWE thing they could do.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think JJ will be added as a surprise 4th man, not replace Kurt

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?
Completely unrelated to the match, but Roman has herpes.

The bad kind.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Jason Jordan will come out with Roman Reigns's outfit and Michael Cole will scream about how Roman powered out of the mumps.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE is bad at many things but even they wouldn't do a bait and switch on a performer appearing on a card. Just not worth the lost of business. Plus it's not like Kurt has to do a lot in the match...

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

WWE is bad at many things but even they wouldn't do a bait and switch on a performer appearing on a card. Just not worth the lost of business. Plus it's not like Kurt has to do a lot in the match...

Kurt Angle's job:

1) Not give everyone else involved in the match meningitis.

2) ???

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm really loving hype for Gulak's powerpoint

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I am ready for tender love and care

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Devil Bird Thing posted:

Completely unrelated to the match, but Roman has herpes.

The bad kind.

When you beat the Undertaker at WrestleMania you inherit more than just a legacy

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fenrir posted:

I'm really loving hype for Gulak's powerpoint

If he gets to use Okada Tekken King again it'll be one of the best again

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
It's sort of fitting, in a way, that Eddie and Kurt will both die in Minneapolis.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Is Finn gonna facefuck AJ or is AJ gonna gently caress Finn in the rear end

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I still can't believe we've gone from what was going to be an utterly abysmal Bray/Balor match to potentially an incredible Styles/Balor match. Wishes do come true!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dangerous Person posted:

Is Finn gonna facefuck AJ or is AJ gonna gently caress Finn in the rear end

We won't find out

#MagicBulletClub

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
im going to be choked if they bait and switch by having jason jordan take kurt's place in the match

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
In a surprise twist, they don't replace Kurt Angle with Jason Jordan.

Instead, they replace AJ Styles with Jason Jordan.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Mercury Crusader posted:

In a surprise twist, they don't replace Kurt Angle with Jason Jordan.

Instead, they replace AJ Styles with Jason Jordan.

I would travel to the arena and start choking people

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I still can't believe we've gone from what was going to be an utterly abysmal Bray/Balor match to potentially an incredible Styles/Balor match. Wishes do come true!

When you were wishing for Bray to contract a virus, was is specifically one that causes meningitis, or just any virus?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

WrasslorMonkey posted:

When you were wishing for Bray to contract a virus, was is specifically one that causes meningitis, or just any virus?

The T-Virus

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Was it meningitis or was it mumps? Did Bo Dallas catch polio?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WrasslorMonkey posted:

It was actually an unrelated wish where I wanted WWE to recreate Con Air, and Bray was gonna be one of Cyrus the Virus' henchmen (Swamp Thing maybe).

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Yeah, at this point I think that would be the only thing that could make Bray the next Undertaker. Or at the very least a dead man walkin.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

This card looks abysmal.

Also, if Mickie beats Alexa, whats the ETA in days until Asuka picks up the title?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I am ready for tender love and care

Here I come.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Glad to see we're gonna get the Snoop Dogg commercial during every break tonight

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I'm excited for a PowerPoint

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Two PPVs in a row with no Sam :allears:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
you know what, i agree with miz. i think at this point miz is actually the greatest intercontinental champion of all time

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

This card looks abysmal.

Also, if Mickie beats Alexa, whats the ETA in days until Asuka picks up the title?

Mickie won't because she's 1 win away from trying the record and they're not going to give that to her.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Mike Mizowns.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

TCL

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around