Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to win this mess?
This poll is closed.
Our New Canadian Overlords 19 35.19%
East Hartford FC 0 0%
Better World Cup Odds Than the USMNT 3 5.56%
28-3 4 7.41%
gently caress Anthony Precourt 9 16.67%
Our DV8 Doesn't Have a Brass Pole in It 5 9.26%
We're Not Repeating, Don't Vote for Us 5 9.26%
That Other...OTHER Canadian Team 2 3.70%
Only Palatable with Vodka 3 5.56%
Rock You Like a Hurrica...nevermind 3 5.56%
We Have the *Best* Luck in Away Knockout Games 0 0%
gently caress Chris Wondolowski for Belgium 1 1.85%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I liked that goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
That was a nice goal. That was a really nice goal.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

This refereeing is loving shameful.

I've been wondering if the officiating is what keeps MLS from progressing faster as a league. Tonight it has been shameful, and VAR has been powerless to change it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

G-Hawk posted:

oh my god

We can just keep these going, apparently. The post is doing well tonight.

Shrapnig posted:

Refereeing has been regressing as a whole in the last decade. EPL refereeing has been shockingly bad the last two seasons.

It's weird. I wonder what will change it for the better, if anything does.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Omfg you have to score there

PKs are gonna end after all 22 players hit the posts, but Guzan's goes in.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Whoa whoa, 4th sub? That's new.

What is this, college? Next we will find out the shootout starts with a run from the center.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

He's going to want to have scored there.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

We have had it all tonight = everywhere on the woodwork has been hit. Everywhere.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gtkor posted:

What is Guzan doing there?

Enjoying one of the better games of the season?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This is insane.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I think you'll find it was the GK who won that game for Columbus.

Edit, fixed for wrong team.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Jack2142 posted:

How much of a heart attack did Garber just have though?

Also I now have no desire to watch SKC / Houston this match was too good.

It was supposed to start 25 minutes ago, no?

I think Houston pull off a 1-0 win in a really boring game with no hitting of posts, good saves, or off side calls that should have been goals.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Seltzer posted:

what channel is the other game on

Unimas, I think? It's free on live.mlssoccer.com, too.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

12 minutes in and I'm bored. Where are the goal posts? Who was that woman behind the coach? Does Houston even have fans? I need answers to these questions!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

El Jebus posted:

I think Houston pull off a 1-0 win in a really boring game with no hitting of posts, good saves, or off side calls that should have been goals.

I missed a bunch of the game. How was my prediction?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

These last 15 look to be much better than the first 15 I watched.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Stick a fork in em.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Jack2142 posted:

Its okay we all know Freddy Montero can't score in a Sounders playoff match FOR THE SOUNDERS!

whypick1 posted:

We can only hope.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This game got exciting.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Caps not playing to their strengths because Seattle are defending.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Correct call, I think. So many more PKs would be awarded if that was a bad tackle.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

RIP Timbers playoff hopes.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gtkor posted:

Twellman seems like he is going to be pretty bad on commentary tonight.

More like save the playoffs, amirite?!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Leg 2s:
VAN@SEA: Nov 2, 10:30PM ET, FS1
NYR@TOR: Nov 5, 3PM ET, ESPN
CLB@NYC: Nov 5, 5PM ET, ESPN
HOU@POR: Nov 5, 7:30PM ET, FS1

That makes sense.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gtkor posted:

What time is this kicking off?

15 minutes?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Stadium clock is at T-minus 5 minutes btw

Broadcast just said 11 minutes to kickoff.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Good thing I don't have a 3 hour drive home after the game and have to...

....dammit

Elect me president and I will make miserporting the actual kickoff time a federal offense...and get rid of Daylight Savings

A president from Seattle? No thank you very much.

But the DST thing I agree with completely.

I hope Montero scores a hat trick.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Dude has some pipes. drat.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Toledowned.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gtkor posted:

Not sure why they arent stopping it.

Maybe not close enough?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Not sure what the standard is, but pretty sure it was over 5 seconds.

Penalty?

If I was the VAR guy, that would be reviewed and a pk.

But then again,

El Jebus posted:

Toledowned.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

porkface posted:

They're gonna give a penalty here

That is the most Toledo call ever.

Well, I guess then giving Dempsey a red would have been the most Toledo.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

DR AIDS posted:

loving Toledo. What else do you need there?

No idea. He looks at the video and shakes his head. Insanity.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

camoseven posted:

Why is it zero zero

It isn't.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gtkor posted:

I am not sure that looks worse than it was, Stu.

I'm not sure his foot touched Shipp's head.i want a replay from another angle.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

binge crotching posted:

NY looks decent through the first 5 minutes, but I don't think they'll keep it up. It would be hilarious to see tfc get kicked out of the playoffs at home again though.

I think the Austin Crew look more likely to beat Toronto.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Announcer just called Jozy fat for a second time. Love it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Sack of potatoes!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I hope just before the ref blows the whistle to start, he cards 5-6 players.

I'll be surprised if there isn't a red or two in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

camoseven posted:

This bar won’t put espn on wtf

To be fair, ESPN hasn't shown the best part of the game: the half time scuffle that led to two red cards.

• Locked thread