Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sal, Dancer and Chic are scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Can I vote gulag

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

Li Dawny + Sal avatar friends

Not sure what this means but cool, I like friends. Also, not that I want to spend time defending Juchero’s dumb claim because I’m not sure what his alignment is but he’s pretty dumb in general today.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I’m calling you scum

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

jon joe posted:

I’m calling you scum

Me? What’s your reasoning?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I know Chic's had a lot of IRL stuff going on, so I'm not ready to jump on lurker = scum with her, I don't think. I think she's lurking hard enough that if it stays this way, she's going to get prodded by Kash anyways.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

let's all fullclaim I'm vanilla town
Even tongue-in-cheek, starting day 2 with things rather than making any posts of substance feels suspicious to me.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

This is the sum total of all of Sal's content since jokephase ended.
I also tentatively agree with this view as well.

I don't feel like either is enough to vote Never or Sal yet, but if we go through Day 2 without any actual content for them, they're going to go pretty high on my list of suspicions.

In the mean time, lemme get some more Opinions(TM) in.

Juchero posted:

Okay here's the deal, I'm very busy and I wanted to do this right but I'm cop, b-minus isn't scum.
:psyduck: This almost feels like it has to be an outlandish scum strategy. If Ju was just busy and actually the cop, I don't think he'd be nearly so gung-ho about drawing the attention onto himself for an essentially-useless claim. It gives us nothing to work with, but people are going to be very reluctant to kill a cop who isn't counterclaimed.

But if a cop were to counterclaim, they'd have a very good chance at killing them on D2. If I were scum, but too busy to contribute properly, turning myself into a potential sacrificial lamb to out the cop would sound like a very clever idea. There's other possibilities, that this is a town gambit of some kind, but with Occam's Razor gleaming bright, yeah, I'm not buying this at all.

##vote Juchero

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: Killing the real cop on D2 if the counterclaim isn't believed, N2 if it is.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

jon joe posted:

I’m calling you scum

please provide sum evidence or i, town cop Sgt. Juchero, will be forced to uh

ask you tough questions? i forget how to play this dumb game

also bee don't bitch ive had one hell of a day, ur not scum too BAD

oh and pmush ur expert analysis hinges on me not being bad at mafia, and also "im in the middle of a move", while true, isn't what is honestly taking up my brain meats but that's none of anyone's business

but your response is very town logic so ur good with me, just keep ur nose(AND ur POSTS) clean

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Who's busy moving, then?

The why of being busy isn't as important as long as it's something you expect to continue throughout the game.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

PMush Perfect posted:

Who's busy moving, then?

The why of being busy isn't as important as long as it's something you expect to continue throughout the game.

both Dawny and I are in the middle of a move since we're all married to each other and poo poo

it should be over tomorrow

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Juchero posted:

both Dawny and I are in the middle of a move since we're all married to each other and poo poo

it should be over tomorrow
Oh, poo poo! Rad.

Congrats on the new place and whenever you got married since I am apparently incredibly out of the loop! :toot:

Still think you're scum though.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Thank you for the breakdown of SalTheBard’s post history, YT.

I do not like that PMush defended Chic Trombone after Nevergirls voted to lynch her. Even if you know someone is busy irl, you shouldn’t know anything about their role/alignment, unless you’re scumbuddies. It just seems strange to defend another player, especially a lurker, this early in the game, but it could be because I hate lurkers and have no problem lynching any of them.

I do not understand why Juchero felt he had to claim, but I hate that he did it. Man, you weren’t even under that much pressure. If the cop claim is true, then you’ve given up a critical town role to the scum. If it is false, then the real cop SHOULD NOT COUNTERCLAIM!!!

For the moment, I believe the claim. Juchero was suspicious of me yesterday, so I would understand why he would investigate me. However, I don’t understand why he made this post:

Juchero posted:

b minus is still my pick but I need a little time to reread

busy with a moooove
So you investigated me last night and got a town result, said I was your lynch pick this morning, then later you fullclaimed cop and investigated me n1? I don’t follow.

Strongest town reads: YT, Nevergirls, Asiina, Juchero
Scum reads: SalTheBard, ChicTrombone
Neutral on everyone else

##vote SalTheBard

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## vote salthebard as well.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

a) weird time for cop to claim imo, i didn't see any huge pressure on b-1 so why claim now?

b) hi im in the middle of a depressive episode and am a very busy person who should probably just finally give up forever on mafia because every time i think i'll have time i end up not having time

(not replacing out just whinging i guess)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

For the moment, I believe the claim. Juchero was suspicious of me yesterday, so I would understand why he would investigate me. However, I don’t understand why he made this post:

So you investigated me last night and got a town result, said I was your lynch pick this morning, then later you fullclaimed cop and investigated me n1? I don’t follow.

A Good Find

Juchero feels fishy

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##vote salthebard

Juchero posted:

please provide sum evidence

Li responded really scummily to Asiina's basic questions. I think this is the most damning part, however:

Li Dawny posted:

Making two correct calls makes you more trustworthy.

Li Dawny posted:

Because you were right twice. The two ways I see this happening is you’re scum, or you’re extremely good at this game/lucky.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The primary reason I'm "lurking like hell" is that I didn't take part in joke-phase. I have as many serious posts in this thread as you do.

And, slight misunderstanding: where I come from we exclusively use "investigate", so when you said "examine" I didn't know you meant actual people with special powers doing the investigating (thought you just meant "hey let's discuss those guys").

I could get behind voting for Sal... But the cop claim is too weird. ##vote Juchero

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
anyone voting a claimed cop d2 with a town result is a loving moron

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jon joe posted:

Why would it have been better to vote him if he had claimed b- is scum? In that case, wouldn't voting b- be the correct choice?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

Why would it have been better to vote him if he had claimed b- is scum? In that case, wouldn't voting b- be the correct choice?

Probably, but there's also the possibility that the cop and investigation target interactions leaves the cop the better vote.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

jon joe posted:

The "b-minus is innocent" claim is just... so bad. b-minus was barely under suspicion at the time, and the real cop revealing themselves for basically zero benefit like that absolutely does not feel like a thing even the most incompetent cop would do. At the moment I consider Juchero and Sal to be the biggest suspects, leaning towards the latter.

(Incidentally I trust b-minus slightly more now, since both a real and a scum cop have good reason to say that a townie is indeed a townie).

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

PMush Perfect posted:

Imo it shouldn’t matter. I’m suspicious of anyone voting for a person who has claimed cop. I hate the claim, but not enough to vote for him. Especially since he said he would come back and explain when he has time.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jon joe posted:

Probably, but there's also the possibility that the cop and investigation target interactions leaves the cop the better vote.
So why doesn't that apply when the cop says town? I'm really not following your logic here.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

So why doesn't that apply when the cop says town? I'm really not following your logic here.

Because there's no reason for the investigation target to say the cop is lying and therefore no forced choice between them?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The important bit wasn't that anyway.

b-minus1 posted:

Imo it shouldn’t matter. I’m suspicious of anyone voting for a person who has claimed cop. I hate the claim, but not enough to vote for him. Especially since he said he would come back and explain when he has time.

Yeah pretty much this.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
ugh i made my claim after calling on b-minus as my pick becuz i forgot I was cop until I checked my discord pms

the reason i claimed is the same reason I investigated him: if I didn't know he was town 100% i personally would have led the charge. with that assumption and the knowledge i couldn't participate actively(right now i am at a new emotional and physical limit I didn't know existed for me), I made my claim to avoid what I thought would be an obvious day 2 mislynch

would my claim have been better either another day or once momentum on minus had built? duhhhhhhhhh no poo poo, but that's not the choice I thought I could make

please just take it on faith for now, i literally do not have the time or energy to fight for this right now

tomorrow tho, im here and ready to roll

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
YT you can advocate voting for me that's fine. I'm 100% town though. I agree with your point that having someone investigate me to determine I'm telling the truth is fine. If you want another townie to due vote for me, if you want to work to eliminate scum vote for someone else. I'm not good at defending myself here so I don't know what else to say. Kill a lurker before me is all I ask.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

YT you can advocate voting for me that's fine. I'm 100% town though. I agree with your point that having someone investigate me to determine I'm telling the truth is fine. If you want another townie to due vote for me, if you want to work to eliminate scum vote for someone else. I'm not good at defending myself here so I don't know what else to say. Kill a lurker before me is all I ask.

Who is sus?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

try saying who you think the scum is

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

in fact, here, let me demonstrate

i think JonJoe is scum

##vote jonjoe

i'll elaborate on this tomorrow hopefully i'll have time

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Sal, provide some reads. Who is suspicious?

We need to hold off hammering.we still have plenty of time

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

We need to hold off hammering.we still have plenty of time
Agreed, actually. There's a lot of "I'll explain tomorrow" flying around, and deadline isn't until Thursday.

##unvote

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Side note, definitely feeling b- is town now.

Dancer posted:

(Incidentally I trust b-minus slightly more now, since both a real and a scum cop have good reason to say that a townie is indeed a townie).
Not only this (which is arguable), but b- also pushed for us to slow down when it would have been incredibly easy to just let the aggro train roll itself right into a turbo.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

actually i'll just boil it down to the salient points now before i go to bed so i don't forget tomorrow

Basically, if you look through his post history he's posted white noise and reactions, with few to no serious thoughts or callouts of his own. He's skating by on being a high-volume poster (relatively, anyways) without contributing much anything of substance and it's rubbing me the wrong way

There's also a dash of wifom with him having joked about himself being scum for town points but that's wifom and not really worth pursuing tbh

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Chic Trombone posted:

try saying who you think the scum is

So looking at still living players who DIDN'T vote for Hal:
Jon Joe, Asiina, Dance, and Juchero

I feel confident in saying that there was obviously scum that voted for Hal (as is the nature of the game), but I'm going to ignore that for now. Based off the of the amount of posts we have JJ (28), Asiina (28), Dancer (9), and Juchero (18). When I was playing my last game I was scum and I attempted to post enough to stay active, but not enough to have my name constantly out there so that's why I'm leaning towards Juchero. I'm fine accepting my fate if people want to vote for me, but I'm town.

##Vote Juchero

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

So looking at still living players who DIDN'T vote for Hal:
Jon Joe, Asiina, Dance, and Juchero

I feel confident in saying that there was obviously scum that voted for Hal (as is the nature of the game), but I'm going to ignore that for now. Based off the of the amount of posts we have JJ (28), Asiina (28), Dancer (9), and Juchero (18). When I was playing my last game I was scum and I attempted to post enough to stay active, but not enough to have my name constantly out there so that's why I'm leaning towards Juchero. I'm fine accepting my fate if people want to vote for me, but I'm town.

##Vote Juchero

You want to lynch the person that hardclaimed cop....

If you really are town, You should consider hard claiming, because that definitely hasn’t convinced me. I need more.

Other than juchero, who has claimed cop, Who is your scum team? Tell me your top 3 sus reads.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's bad reasoning, everyone plays scum differently.

It doesn't say why you think he's scum specifically other than is posting a little but not the most.

Like me and JJ have a lot of posts but there's not a huge amount of content to most of them.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

actually i'll just boil it down to the salient points now before i go to bed so i don't forget tomorrow

Basically, if you look through his post history he's posted white noise and reactions, with few to no serious thoughts or callouts of his own. He's skating by on being a high-volume poster (relatively, anyways) without contributing much anything of substance and it's rubbing me the wrong way

There's also a dash of wifom with him having joked about himself being scum for town points but that's wifom and not really worth pursuing tbh

You caught me.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

It doesn't say why you think he's scum specifically other than is posting a little but not the most.

Like me and JJ have a lot of posts but there's not a huge amount of content to most of them.

All of my posts are 100% content. I waste not a word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

You want to lynch the person that hardclaimed cop....

If you really are town, You should consider hard claiming, because that definitely hasn’t convinced me. I need more.

Other than juchero, who has claimed cop, Who is your scum team? Tell me your top 3 sus reads.

Gun to my head: Juchero, JJ and Nevergirls.
I didn't find anything on the wiki so I'm sorry I'm not sure what hard claiming means.

Dancer pointed out that it would be extremely weird for someone to claim cop on N2. While I don't know that for sure I'm inclined to agree with them, which makes Jucheros post even stranger now that I've thought about it.

Asiina posted:

I get that everyone plays differently. I'm just looking at what I would do if I was in this situation. You guys do have a lot of posts but thats not a bad thing. loving hell I wish I had as many posts as you guys do!

• Locked thread