Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'm totally cool with this. I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Asiina posted:

Third joke scum joke ##vote bminus

That's rude ##vote Asiina

Dancer
May 23, 2011

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

voting for the person with the fewest posts ## vote dancer

I'm the only loser here with basic avatar, obviously I'm cool with this.

That being said, I'm not changing my vote.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
You people's strategies and trash-talk are way beyond my level but I think I trust Asiina and jon joe so ##vote SalTheBard

Dancer
May 23, 2011
This got skipped because apparently I can't bold right.
##vote SalTheBard

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So I think this is the most telling piece from yesterday in light of the NK.

I'm not quite sure how to phrase this but, it makes me feel Asiina's either strongly town or strongly scum with no real in between. I'm not sure that makes sense, but it's a gut feeling more than anything.

As a result I feel like an examination of Sal would be interesting. For people who aren't me, examining my own behaviour would probably also be a good idea.

This is basically the first slightly more elaborate post you've made so far, and you're not actually saying anything of substance.
"Hey maybe Asiina's good maybe he's bad I dunno. Maybe we should ~examine some people~." I don't post much and that makes me a lurker but you're just posting random noise trying to not seem like one.
You also voted for confirmed townie Hal.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
hashtagnewavie thanks CPig you da best <3

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The primary reason I'm "lurking like hell" is that I didn't take part in joke-phase. I have as many serious posts in this thread as you do.

And, slight misunderstanding: where I come from we exclusively use "investigate", so when you said "examine" I didn't know you meant actual people with special powers doing the investigating (thought you just meant "hey let's discuss those guys").

I could get behind voting for Sal... But the cop claim is too weird. ##vote Juchero

Dancer
May 23, 2011

jon joe posted:

anyone voting a claimed cop d2 with a town result is a loving moron

The "b-minus is innocent" claim is just... so bad. b-minus was barely under suspicion at the time, and the real cop revealing themselves for basically zero benefit like that absolutely does not feel like a thing even the most incompetent cop would do. At the moment I consider Juchero and Sal to be the biggest suspects, leaning towards the latter.

(Incidentally I trust b-minus slightly more now, since both a real and a scum cop have good reason to say that a townie is indeed a townie).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
That's something I can probably get behind. It helps that basically all of Nevergirls' posts are zero-content.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Unrelated question, any particular reason you decided to investigate b-minus? Not saying there needs to be one, given that day 1 is a dartboard, but still worth hearing thoughts you might have had.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So I was harsh on Sal for not contributing.

His continued content is this:

So there's at least an attempt to engage at this point and when asked he comes up with scum calls. This is significantly better than before, but it's also content that's come out because of absolutely constant pressure so I don't credit it too much.

The main odd thing is the really sudden switch on Juchero from thinking the guy's scum to believing in his tell. In fairness, Juchero made a pretty good post so I can at least believe the switch as a plausibly town one.

Here's what I think. Either Sal is flailing town who doesn't really know how to defend himself, but honestly, when they were coaxed out of him, he's got some reasonable opinions on basic scumhunting, so I don't buy necessarily that he doesn't.

Or, and I rate this as more likely, Sal is scum with a scumteam of people who are lurking or afk. He comes under pressure and doesn't really know how to respond as a scum player other than saying "I'm town," and eventually his scumbuds show up and suggest getting on the Nevergirls train to deflect off of himself.

A Sal flip gives us insight into Asiina (based on her D1 call), myself (based on my call today) as well as potentially lurking players, so I think he's good information. That said I believe him to be more plausibly townie than he was.

Still insufficient to move my vote.

I'll look into the nevergirls case in a bit.

I get that this is making me suspect because I'm "his scumbud showing up and gettting on the Nevergirls train" but I feel this is worth pointing out... Is Sal really the *most* suspect? We have potential fairly suspect people:

Nevergirls
Chic Trombone (weirdly against Jon Joe for little apparent reason)
Juchero (weird cop behaviour, thogh he has made some salient contributions since).

Positions may differ, but I would argue that from any perspective at least one of those three is comparatively more suspect than Sal. My suspicion is on Nevergirls (and, personally, I find Juchero *less* suspect than Sal). You argue that a Sal flip gives us a lot information, which may be true. But if we lynch another townie today, we will (presumably) be dangerously close to scum guaranteed victory. I'd rather aim for a more likely immediate scum flip than a flip that gives info for a future we may not live to see.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dancer
[...]
Voted juchero

For whatever it's worth, this is not really "true". I never bothered unvoting but I will absolutely vote for someone else before the day is over.

##unvote

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Of the 4 suspects I mentioned in my prev post, yeah the order is you, Chic, Sal, Juchero.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Mafia edit: and I'm not saying those 4 are the only suspect people in the game, just that I need time and effort to assess exactly what I think about them, and since they won't get voted today anyway I'm procrastinating on that.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Mafia edit again, sorry, can't accurately form sentences today.

Dancer posted:

Mafia edit: and I'm not saying those 4 are the only suspect people in the game, just that I need time and effort to assess exactly what I think about the other people in the game, and since they (i.e. the other people) won't get voted today anyway I'm procrastinating on that.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It's time for me to go to boardgames so I'mma vote before I forget.

##vote NevergirlsOFFICIAL

I trust Juchero more than I did before, hell I even trust Sal more than I did before, and Nevergirls was way too eager to get the pitchforks out for Sal. My second choice would be Chic, but in my view Chic has never acted in a way where an assumption of good faith is as hard as it is with this act:

gently caress waiting till tomorrow. Sal is scum.
No argument presented, just trying to start a bandwagon.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Well we're hosed.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It occurs to me we should've asked you before the night who you were gonna investigate...

Dancer
May 23, 2011
##vote SalTheBard

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Well that was fun.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Yorkshire I'm going to legit be upset if you are scum :-(

He isn't scum he is a generous man who will take you under his wing.

Well... he would've if you weren't already lynched.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not lynched yet, but only a matter of time.

9 people alive, meaning 5 votes to lynch.

PMush Perfect posted:

##vote Sal

All else has failed, game's probably boned, going with my gut now.

SalTheBard posted:

##vote salthebard

jon joe posted:

##vote Sal

Dancer posted:

##vote SalTheBard

Yorkshire Tea posted:

##vote Salthebard

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hi b-minus I'm your killer.

Here's a preview of your new avatar:

"where I suck at mafia and get killed."

I just realized how heavily above the limits that file goes, so I'm working on fixing that.

(note, I don't mean to be smug, I know I didn't win on account of me being a particularly good player, I just want to bring more of The Good Place into the world and I thought that gif was amusing)

Dancer fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 7, 2017

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I feel honestly sorry for that, when I joined I didn't realize how much participation is expected around these parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Thanks for reminding me! It turned out impossible to get the first gif I wanted to do within SA limits, but I got another one that's almost as good.
https://imgur.com/a/PnVSL
Accepting suggestions for custom title (reminder: this is for b-minus).

Edit: can someone confirm that the limit is 150 kb? That's what the purchasing page says, but I've seen some elaborate animated avatars out there.

• Locked thread