Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Duckman2008 posted:

Lowest on the totem pole data priority and 0 customer support besides online chat.

Expect data speeds to be slow either all the time or a lot of the time.

Did Visible recently restructure to have Visible basic and Visible+? If so, does the + get at least a little more priority up to a certain usage?

Also I have Xfinity, how is Xfinity mobile? I’m just kind of over my $100 Verizon bill and don’t mind knocking it down even if the speed suffers some. I’m on wifi most of the day anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Whoreson Welles posted:

Did Visible recently restructure to have Visible basic and Visible+? If so, does the + get at least a little more priority up to a certain usage?

Also I have Xfinity, how is Xfinity mobile? I’m just kind of over my $100 Verizon bill and don’t mind knocking it down even if the speed suffers some. I’m on wifi most of the day anyway.

I legit don’t know on Visible , I don’t support or sell it at all.

For both the answer is mileage will vary, so you would have to try and see.

FYI, if your phone is paid off Verizon prepaid is $50 a month unlimited data. You don’t get as high a data priority as postpaid, but it’s higher priority than Comcast or visible.

If you ever wanted the move to prepaid message me, I’m literally the only department that can do it.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Duckman2008 posted:

FYI, if your phone is paid off Verizon prepaid is $50 a month unlimited data. You don’t get as high a data priority as postpaid, but it’s higher priority than Comcast or visible.

If you ever wanted the move to prepaid message me, I’m literally the only department that can do it.

Ah crap, you mentioning this actually made me look into it. Last year I took advantage of that “Trade-in an old phone for a shiny new iPhone 13” not realizing the way it worked was they just credit your account $800 over 36 months. I don’t know if there is a way for me to pay it off now and switch plans without them yanking the remaining 27 months of credit.

Guess that’s how they getcha.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, I’m thinking that if they do the “free” iPhone total upgrade in September/October again, I’ll be calling Duckman to trade in the iPhone 13s we got two years ago.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

How long does it take for number port to fully complete to Verizon? Calls and data are working on my line but SMS is not yet working.

I ported the number through eSIM on my iPhone and it was seamless. Data immediately started working, and calls worked when I got around to testing calls a few hours later.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Godzilla07 posted:

How long does it take for number port to fully complete to Verizon? Calls and data are working on my line but SMS is not yet working.

I ported the number through eSIM on my iPhone and it was seamless. Data immediately started working, and calls worked when I got around to testing calls a few hours later.

Depends on the carrier. What carrier did you switch from ?

You can check status to see if the prior carrier held the port for more info here

Vzw.com/port (click check status)

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Duckman2008 posted:

Depends on the carrier. What carrier did you switch from ?

You can check status to see if the prior carrier held the port for more info here

Vzw.com/port (click check status)

I'm switching from T-Mobile. T-Mobile said the port was in progress when I spoke to them last night, and the Verizon tool hangs when I check status.

And I can't get the port PIN for my other T-Mobile number as I can't get the 2 factor code. Not sure if it's because I can't receive SMS at all right now or if it's because my number is already ported to Verizon. While the other line is still active on T-Mobile, it turns out I needed my line to get the port PIN since I didn't realize that my line was set as primary account holder when it shouldn't have been when T-Mobile originally set up this account.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Godzilla07 posted:

I'm switching from T-Mobile. T-Mobile said the port was in progress when I spoke to them last night, and the Verizon tool hangs when I check status.

And I can't get the port PIN for my other T-Mobile number as I can't get the 2 factor code. Not sure if it's because I can't receive SMS at all right now or if it's because my number is already ported to Verizon. While the other line is still active on T-Mobile, it turns out I needed my line to get the port PIN since I didn't realize that my line was set as primary account holder when it shouldn't have been when T-Mobile originally set up this account.

It should just be one port out pin needed for the whole account.

When you input the number in that website I posted, what does it tell you ?

Verizon port is 888-866-6907

If T-Mobile can’t send you the port out pin you will likely have to go to the physical T-Mobile store to get it. Then call Verizon port to submit it.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
My gal has an iPhone X in good/great condition. No cracks, etc.

Is there any kind of deal I should keep an eye out for to get her into a 13 Mini?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Boywhiz88 posted:

My gal has an iPhone X in good/great condition. No cracks, etc.

Is there any kind of deal I should keep an eye out for to get her into a 13 Mini?

Call in to sales at 800-256-4646 and see if they have a trade in on the 14. They have some random really good deals for existing customers mileage may vary.

If it’s tomorrow PM me and I can help order.

Fun news fellow Verizon goon friends: I’m doing a temp management position , so I will not be able to call and directly help people order for a bit (it’s 3-6 months). That said , still here to answer questions so still :justpost:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Haha, drat. I got caught up w/ house repair stuff. I'll give the general line a ring this weekend.

Thanks for everything, Duckman! You've been a huge help!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Boywhiz88 posted:

Haha, drat. I got caught up w/ house repair stuff. I'll give the general line a ring this weekend.

Thanks for everything, Duckman! You've been a huge help!

Oh totally. And still around to help.

Fyi, you should check the trade in on a 14, they’ve had retention offers of $800 on the 14 recently (mileage varies), which legit surprised me. Mileage varies.

Sucks it’s a bigger phone than the mini, but for the trade in difference I would do it if available.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Duckman2008 posted:

Oh totally. And still around to help.

Fyi, you should check the trade in on a 14, they’ve had retention offers of $800 on the 14 recently (mileage varies), which legit surprised me. Mileage varies.

Sucks it’s a bigger phone than the mini, but for the trade in difference I would do it if available.

BB seems to have an even better one that's too good to be true:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/conditional-offers/verizon-iphone-14-trade-in/pcmcat1662675479309.c?id=pcmcat1662675479309

My wife could trade in her iphone 12 pro and get $1k towards an iphone 14 pro? Insane.
She still has $150 left on her 12 but hopefully that could be paid off while at best buy

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

BB seems to have an even better one that's too good to be true:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/conditional-offers/verizon-iphone-14-trade-in/pcmcat1662675479309.c?id=pcmcat1662675479309

My wife could trade in her iphone 12 pro and get $1k towards an iphone 14 pro? Insane.
She still has $150 left on her 12 but hopefully that could be paid off while at best buy

Sorry, this is also potentially a loyalty offer. It’s more rare , but I’ve had $1000 upgrade trade ins when it’s the pro. With $150 left I wouldn’t think the system gives it, but hey if they do obviously take it.

Reminder: the main catch for these discounts are 3 year contracts. People aren’t upgrading as often now a days, but good to reminder.

Side note: Shakeman I may PM you soon, I could use Relicanth for Pokémon go , especially since I missed it during the last event.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Duckman2008 posted:

Sorry, this is also potentially a loyalty offer. It’s more rare , but I’ve had $1000 upgrade trade ins when it’s the pro. With $150 left I wouldn’t think the system gives it, but hey if they do obviously take it.

Reminder: the main catch for these discounts are 3 year contracts. People aren’t upgrading as often now a days, but good to reminder.

Side note: Shakeman I may PM you soon, I could use Relicanth for Pokémon go , especially since I missed it during the last event.

Looks like I got overexcited and the $1k is for new customers. The 3 year thing is good to remember, my wife was upgrading every two years which was honestly kind of annoying and expensive so in a way I prefer this. And yeah hit me up for pokemons

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
So curious if I got an s21 ultra that's unlocked AT&t but I'm using it on a Verizon network (visible) am I going to lose out on any like band or radio frequencies that I'm going to need, Or really any other things that I might be missing out on? I was supposed to get the factory unlocked KAAXA model but I was sent the AT&t unlocked KAATT model and it seems okay so far, but I am notorious for overlooking crap until after the return period is over and then noticing poo poo. Asking here because pretty sure I posted in the wrong thread earlier

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

runaway dog posted:

So curious if I got an s21 ultra that's unlocked AT&t but I'm using it on a Verizon network (visible) am I going to lose out on any like band or radio frequencies that I'm going to need, Or really any other things that I might be missing out on? I was supposed to get the factory unlocked KAAXA model but I was sent the AT&t unlocked KAATT model and it seems okay so far, but I am notorious for overlooking crap until after the return period is over and then noticing poo poo. Asking here because pretty sure I posted in the wrong thread earlier

You’re fine.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

You’re fine.

Well it's having a bunch of weird issues anyway, and when I did a factory reset it rejected my sim card immediately so I guess it isn't even unlocked. just going to return it. thanks though.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

runaway dog posted:

Well it's having a bunch of weird issues anyway, and when I did a factory reset it rejected my sim card immediately so I guess it isn't even unlocked. just going to return it. thanks though.

Oh, sorry, I meant it should be fine on the Verizon end, you said you just bought the phone but that didn’t click. Yeah, return / exchange isn’t a bad idea.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

Oh, sorry, I meant it should be fine on the Verizon end, you said you just bought the phone but that didn’t click. Yeah, return / exchange isn’t a bad idea.

It was weird, It seemed to work when I set the phone up over WiFi and then stuck the sim in after, tho with said weird issues persisting, can't say for sure if it was a hardware issue or carrier issue, but the previous s21 ultra that I'd received that had other different issues and was absolutely the factory unlocked model seemed to get better service than the at&t model, which was odd because I ran a speed test and it still detected my IP as a Verizon one on the at&t model, and I used an app called network cell info & wifi that confirmed it was connected to verizon lte and verizon low band 5g. oh well.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 8, 2023

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Duckman, I got a question for you.

We have the 5G Do More plan with 2 phones, 4 watches and a tablet on the plan. 2 phones and 2 watches are still be paid for through Verizon. We pay $225 a month for all of those (not including the device payments).

My oldest daughter is reaching the point where she could use an actual cellphone (she showed responsibility with the watch).

We would need to get another phone for her and add her to our plan. What are the best options for adding her? Are we able to use a different plan for her like a mix and match set up? Also, are there any deals for adding lines, etc? Also, is there a specific Verizon parental control set up?

Thanks for any info.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 9, 2023

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Duckman, I got a question for you.

We have the 5G Do More plan with 2 phones, 4 watches and a tablet on the plan. 2 phones and 2 watches are still be paid for through Verizon.

My oldest daughter is reaching the point where she could use an actual cellphone (she showed responsibility with the watch).

We would need to get another phone for her and add her to our plan. What are the best options for adding her? Are we able to use a different plan for her like a mix and match set up? Also, are there any deals for adding lines, etc?

Thanks for any info.

Add her on for the start unlimited plan.

You have 2 phones on Do More: $70 + $70 = $140.

3 lines with 2 on Do, 1 on start: $55 + $55 + $45 = $155

So it’s $15 before tax, about $21-22 after tax tk add her.

If you happen to have a phone lying around, you can BYOD and get a $10 monthly discount for 3 years instead of getting new phone. If you need a new phone, for that $15 a month they’ll give you minimum an iPhone 12 free with 3 years service.

I can’t call you directly , but if you PM I can have a a colleague I trust call you. No pressure on that since it doesn’t pay me at all, but if you want me to have a sales person call you let me know. Other wise call sales at (800) 256-4646

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Stealing from Slickdeals, but if you have Verizon, you may be eligible for a free year of Netflix premium with a bundle of something else. Since I already had Netflix, this would pay for itself in six months.

https://slickdeals.net/f/16506664-netflix-premium-1-year-free-verizon-up-members-only-bundle-required-5-83-mo-minimum#comments

Calm and Netflix Premium $69.99/yr
STARZ and Netflix Premium $74.99/yr
AMC+ and Netflix Premium $83.88/yr
Super Duolingo and Netflix Premium $83.99/yr
Paramount+ Premium and Netflix Premium $99.99/yr
Peloton App and Netflix Premium $129.99/yr

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Does anyone use the Verizon Call Screening / Robocall filtering, and is it worth it? I’ve been using RoboKiller which is effective but pretty janky because of how it has to interface with the phone and network. Verizon hypothetically has a big advantage in this space as the network owner.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Talorat posted:

Does anyone use the Verizon Call Screening / Robocall filtering, and is it worth it? I’ve been using RoboKiller which is effective but pretty janky because of how it has to interface with the phone and network. Verizon hypothetically has a big advantage in this space as the network owner.

I use the free call filter app and it’s ok. Personally I wouldn’t pay for it , but you can download the free call filter app and get most features free. It isn’t great but it helps.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Stealing from Slickdeals, but if you have Verizon, you may be eligible for a free year of Netflix premium with a bundle of something else. Since I already had Netflix, this would pay for itself in six months.

https://slickdeals.net/f/16506664-netflix-premium-1-year-free-verizon-up-members-only-bundle-required-5-83-mo-minimum#comments

Calm and Netflix Premium $69.99/yr
STARZ and Netflix Premium $74.99/yr
AMC+ and Netflix Premium $83.88/yr
Super Duolingo and Netflix Premium $83.99/yr
Paramount+ Premium and Netflix Premium $99.99/yr
Peloton App and Netflix Premium $129.99/yr

$70 for a year of Netflix Premium is a good deal, and...I'd probably use the Calm app once and then forget about it.

I've still got half a month left on my current Netflix billing cycle - any idea if this promo will still be running in 2 weeks?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OldSenileGuy posted:

$70 for a year of Netflix Premium is a good deal, and...I'd probably use the Calm app once and then forget about it.

I've still got half a month left on my current Netflix billing cycle - any idea if this promo will still be running in 2 weeks?

They’re hyping it as limited time , but I legit don’t know if that is a day, week, month , etc.

Verizon is launching “play+” , which I think is have all your subscriptions in one online login / portal (I am not sure if it’s on your cell bill or separate. I think it’s separate).

Honestly, as always I don’t see how this will do anything , so whatever. I’m glad I’m in training stuff at the moment so I don’t have to be asked to talk about this to customers.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

I had just paid my Netflix monthly bill. I asked the CSR chat and they refunded me the bill as a one time courtesy. Can’t hurt to ask.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is there any reason to believe it won't just get tacked onto the end of the cycle?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Duckman.

I’m currently on a Verizon plan with a paid off iPhone 12 mini and received this text:

So, how much would my bill increase a month if I did this?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nwin posted:

Duckman.

I’m currently on a Verizon plan with a paid off iPhone 12 mini and received this text:

So, how much would my bill increase a month if I did this?

So I’m in a training role so I’m not seeing daily promos at the moment , but as far as I know I would def call and check on upgrading, they have been offering $800 trade ins so the 14 is $0 a month, 14 pro is $5.55, etc.

Main catch as always: discounts are over 3 year contracts to get full discount.

Sales department: (800) 256-4646

And fyi for people here, I’ll have a better grasp again in about 2-3 weeks when I have my teams taking calls, and onward from there.

Yes, I am training people to take sales calls. Everyone here should be scared of the outcome.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

And fyi for people here, I’ll have a better grasp again in about 2-3 weeks when I have my teams taking calls, and onward from there.

Yes, I am training people to take sales calls. Everyone here should be scared of the outcome.

Duckmanager2008

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Duckmanager2008

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Duckman2008 posted:

So I’m in a training role so I’m not seeing daily promos at the moment , but as far as I know I would def call and check on upgrading, they have been offering $800 trade ins so the 14 is $0 a month, 14 pro is $5.55, etc.

Main catch as always: discounts are over 3 year contracts to get full discount.

Sales department: (800) 256-4646

Thanks, I grabbed the pro.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I don't believe the "keep your own plan" part as those usually make you go for the fully loaded unlimited plan which washes out the phone cost if you were on some $70 5gb plan.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Keyser_Soze posted:

I don't believe the "keep your own plan" part as those usually make you go for the fully loaded unlimited plan which washes out the phone cost if you were on some $70 5gb plan.

The general answer here is mileage varies depending on your plan, how many people, etc. case by case basis.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Rookie question:

I purchased a used Verizon locked Samsung A53 on Swappa as a gift for a family member. I just received the device but I can't give it to them until late next week. I want to test the device a little to make sure it's not busted.

I don't have a Verizon account but I should be able to boot up the device and test camera/functionality/screen/wifi etc... right? I'm assuming I'll have to enter my Android account to get past any setup screen?

*Disregard, am able to test it just fine without signing into my google account.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 19, 2023

Weird Uncle Dave
Sep 2, 2003

I could do this all day.

Buglord
My plan currently has two lines, a $90 5G Get More and an $80 5G Play More. The Get More line has accrued a dozen Travel Pass days. If the phone on the Play More line (and its owner, my ex-wife) are traveling internationally, will it be able to use those days, and if so do I need to do anything in advance to enable it? I really don’t want to spend a hundred dollars on her vacation if I can help it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Weird Uncle Dave posted:

My plan currently has two lines, a $90 5G Get More and an $80 5G Play More. The Get More line has accrued a dozen Travel Pass days. If the phone on the Play More line (and its owner, my ex-wife) are traveling internationally, will it be able to use those days, and if so do I need to do anything in advance to enable it? I really don’t want to spend a hundred dollars on her vacation if I can help it.

Unfortunately no. The travel pass days are only for the line that gets then.

To solve this for the future: you can switch that line from play more to Do More, it’s the same price, and that line would then start accruing travel pass days at one a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Anything w/ this new no trade-in, upgrade offer that I should be aware of? This seems like it'd be a good time to get my gal into an iPhone 12 or 13.

Sorry that I've asked this 2x in the last month. We've had some ups and downs, and this would be a fun up for her.