Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

That is one thing we have talked about before. She works from home so she has her phone with her almost all of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

If you have Amazon prime, they give unlimited storage for photos with their photo app.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Back when we got IPhone 13s in October, we got all of the offers from Verizon for switching to an unlimited plan. They are all 6 month offers so they are coming up.

I went to cancel AMC Plus today and I am having an issue. When I went to Verizon, it does not show AMC Plus as an option for our add-ons so I cannot cancel it there. When I go to the AMC Plus website/account, it says that my subscription is managed through Verizon and does not give me the option to cancel.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Man, I cannot send any SMS messages. I have two or three bars of LTE but everything is refusing to send. I have restarted the phone but that made it to where it just immediately refuses to send instead of showing the bar across the screen.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

null_pointer posted:

In most places in my house I have one bar of 4G and depend entirely on wifi calling; sending pictures on SMS is a fool's errand, with upload speeds rivaling that of a 64k modem.

Has anyone had any experience dealing with very poor signal and installing some sort of device to rectify it? If so, what product did you use, how gnarly was the install, and what were the results?

I have had a similar problem over the last several years but my phone will show at least 3 bars of LTE and cannot send picture SMS and sometimes just text will not go through. I guess my town (which is right along a major interstate) is just a weird dead zone because other people, including businesses, have commented on the issue.

WiFi calling is a blessing because I sometimes wonder how bad my calls would be without it. I will let you know that when I have called into Verizon before, they usually tell me to go to a store and swap SIM cards. But with Duckman’s suggestion, it might work out better for you.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Okay, I know that I have posted previously about the issues with Verizon but it is getting worse in our community.

In the last month, we had a day where we could not make phone calls unless we were on home WiFi. I can have 4 bars of LTE and not be able to send picture messages or use any data.

A coworker was told by a Verizon tech person to call the support number and get as many people as possible to call in order to get them to actually do something. I called on Friday and spent over 2 hours on the phone with some tier 2 tech people. Over that time, I was told that it does not matter how many people call in because they have every failed call, text and picture message logged in the system. While on the phone, I traveled 8 miles from my home and went from 3 bars of LTE not being able to do anything to 3 bars of LTE working just great. The guy ran some stuff on his end to correct it but it did nothing.

Has anyone ever called in and requested a discount on their monthly bill due to the service not working as intended? I would understand if I lived in an area with 1x or 3G service but that is not our area (right on a major interstate ). It has gotten worse over the years (started with issues with picture messages that got worse and then the same thing happened with data) and now I am afraid that calls are going to start going down as well.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I do not think so. The Verizon rep I talked to said that he could see every time that a message failed to send or a phone call failed to go through.

Which made me wonder; if they can see mine and the rest of the towns almost constant failed attempts over the years, why not try to fix it?

Then I remember the answer….the bottom line.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I have posted about local issues with service issues before. Well, after having 3 calls fail yesterday while having 4 bars of LTE, I decided to push further. I read online that if you email the Verizon CEO, he has a response team. I emailed him yesterday and today I got a response.

We got a text message from the Chief Executive Office that they would call us in a short time. The call came and the lady told me that, despite all of my previous contacts, no technician had ever been sent out to check on things. She said that would be the first step and that she would be a contact from now on until this issue is resolved. She sent us an email with all of her contact information and a summary of what we talked about.

Cut to two hours later and there is a random guy driving slowly around our neighborhood and sitting on the side of the road. I thought he was having issues so I stopped him and he was a Verizon technician. He had driven 1.5 hours to come check things out because the CEO office sent him out.

Together, we went through things for about 40 mins and he saw all of the same issues we have been having (except the phone call issues). He said that he adjusted the tower power level to hopefully reduce the issue but until they upgrade the tower, it will not change permanently. He was really polite and said that complaints like this are how things get fixed so he is happy when they come in. He is hoping that this will help get an upgrade sooner.

I am supposed to keep track of things to see if they get better or stay the same. I am then supposed to email him at the end of the week. I will say, he has been driving through the area for the last 2 hours so he is still checking on things.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Duckman, I got a question for you.

We have the 5G Do More plan with 2 phones, 4 watches and a tablet on the plan. 2 phones and 2 watches are still be paid for through Verizon. We pay $225 a month for all of those (not including the device payments).

My oldest daughter is reaching the point where she could use an actual cellphone (she showed responsibility with the watch).

We would need to get another phone for her and add her to our plan. What are the best options for adding her? Are we able to use a different plan for her like a mix and match set up? Also, are there any deals for adding lines, etc? Also, is there a specific Verizon parental control set up?

Thanks for any info.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 9, 2023

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Going from absolutely no service with 3 bars of LTE to 5G UW in a little over 6 months. Hell yeah!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I know I’m not the only one in this thread but if you’re thinking of doing anything through Verizon, I highly highly highly recommend Duckman. He helped us out quickly and got us a great deal last time.

100% agreed. Duckman has helped us for over 6 years with multiple phones, tablets, watches and plan work. Always helped us get what was best for our set up.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Yep, you helped us get the X but I know I had asked questions before that.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

My daughter has an Unlimited Plus plan while my wife and I have 5G Do More plans. We currently subscribe to Disney+ and Hulu but with the price increases, we are looking at using the daughter’s plan to get the $10 bundle.

What is the easiest way to switch the current accounts to that new bundle?

Also, we are going to do Apple 1 with her account as well. How much of that (cloud storage, Apple TV+, arcade, etc) becomes family share or will we have to log in with her stuff on more devices?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Once again, Duckman praise! Helped me out with some bundle set up and I truly appreciate all the things done for the goons.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Thank you Duckman for all that you have done for my family personally and this thread.

Congratulations! My wife worked retail for so many years that the first time she had Black Friday off, she still woke up early but she just laid on the couch drinking tea all morning while reading a book. I wish you the same comfort!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Apple announced that they are raising rates on AppleTV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News and Apple One subscriptions.

We just recently started using Verizon to get Apple One for $10 a month. How long will it be before Verizon raises the cost of that or stops offering that bundle? We just got a year of Netflix through Verizon (for an $84 year subscription to AMC+) but we get that guaranteed for a year. Apple One is month to month.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I have not found the email so I am going to ask here first. Does this increase per line affect all lines (watches, iPads, etc) or only the main phone lines?

If it is just phone lines, then that increases our bill by $12. If it is all lines, then that increases our bill by $96 (3 phones, 4 watches and 1 iPad).

Here I was feeling good about saving money on a year of Netflix by getting it through Verizon.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Only phone lines, not watches or iPads.

If you post or PM your plan I can tell you if you should stay put or go to the new plans. Or mix and match on it. This applies to anyone here for the record.

We have two 5G Do More lines and one Unlimited Plus line.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Do you use the up to 12 free travel pass days a year on the Do More lines ?

If you use more than 5 a year each keep it.

If you don’t, which I bet you don’t, switch em to unlimited plus you won’t lose any other features.

We have not used a single travel pass day.

Do those only work with international travel or does Hawaii count with those to? My wife has a trip there this summer.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Completely read in a joking way. I did not know if it was a “contiguous US” type thing.

Thanks again for the info.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

For sure. Yeah, coverage is all US, so Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico are all good. Pretty sure? Guam.

Interesting thing: Puerto Rico is included, but Verizon will not allow you to sign up for service with a PR address (I don’t think they own the towers there).

Duckman, we have the 2 5G Do More plans that you suggested switching to unlimited plus. Does it matter that we have not paid off our 13 pro phones yet (will pay it off in April)?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

When Netflix announced their premium price increase, Verizon had a get 1 year of Netflix premium free if you did a year of Starz or AMC+. We signed up for AMC+ and I think it switched to Max soon after.

Maybe they will add a new one soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Anyone having issues with Verizon? It shows connected with 3 bars of LTE but then it will not be able to do anything. iMessages randomly cannot go out. Websites will not load. Cannot run a speed test.