Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Couple verizon questions. I have 2 go unlimited lines and just added a start unlimited line which showed as being 45 per line after adding but now all lines are still 55. Autopay is still on for the account but I keep getting promos that I need to enable autopay to get the 45 but I can't since it's already on from everything I can tell. Is there any way to tell what's going on to get it down to 45/line like everything I can find says it should be?

Also I have an iphone 6s I'd like to upgrade to a Pixel 4a/5 or equivalent Samsung but I was wondering what discounts are available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Duckman2008 posted:

Few things.

Start unlimited is $45 with autopay, go is $50. Only reason to have Go is if you use the low speed hotspot. If you don’t , have them move the other two lines down.

Autopay is with debit card or checking account. Is that your autopay? It should hit instantly discount wise once enrolled.

Full disclosure: good chance Verizon will offer you $579 on a 6S trade in (if it isn’t damaged) , but unfortunately the promos are towards a new version of the same manufacturer. So they’ll give it towards an iPhone but not a Samsung.

Again, I can’t say whether you have a promo or not without pulling your account, but they’ve been really aggressive.

Anyway, otherwise it’s gonna mostly be just the cost of the phone android wise. If I see something else I’ll let you know , but I think that’s what it is.

A belated thanks for the info, it was all spot on. I swapped all lines to Start then changed payment to debit and everything went through like expected. The last time I did account stuff was still giving me autopay discounts with credit cards which threw me off.

I'm ending up getting a 12 on my line with the 579 trade-in and planning to use a $300 upgrade promo on another line to go from a 6s to iphone se. The question I have now is that the 579 shows up in the cart but when I use the 300 offer link and get everything into the cart, there's no indication any promo or discount is applied. I've tried on both eligible lines and never see it show up like the 579 discount does so is there a trick or just assume it'll apply after checking out?