Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Can confirm. Mexico Just works™.

Turned cellular back on when we docked in Cozumel and immediately got all the text messages that arrived while we were on the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

? Verizon is offering a $800 trade in on upgrades? You have to be on the right plan, but you can qualify.

Like, it’s $1000 for new customers, but $800 is way closer than normal. I highly doubt you’ll see higher than $800.

36 months for a credit does suck if that’s what you are complaining about.

And yes, they want as much “growth” as they can show. Capitalism sucks.

I've tried to explain this to others in the past. It's kinda sick. If Verizon had 100% market share in the US, shareholders would still tank the stock in the next quarter if they didn't show more growth.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Hey Duckman, any insight on the Unlimited Ultimate offer I just got?

Looks like the same as what I have now with Play More (I think it's that on my line), but more hotspot (60GB) and interesting offers.

From what I'm reading, I can get the Disney Bundle (which I currently have for free on my plan) for $10/mo, but then a $15 monthly credit that could be used toward that bundle? So essentially still getting the bundle free but with $5/mo extra (would pay for part of my no-ads on Hulu, or all of our Apple TV+)?

Plus, it looks like 50% off 2 connected devices instead of just the one.

I didn't see what the monthly is, but if it's pretty close to where I'm at now, it might be worth it.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Ahh, ok. Gotcha. It was just a marketing email.

I don't ever hit my hotspot cap, but it wouldn't hurt to have more.

If I were able to use the credit to pay for the bundle, then it would end up only costing another $5/mo, which might have made it worth it.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Yo Duckman,

What's the current trade-in promo for iPhones? I see on the VZW site up to 830 off, which would be a 'free' base iPhone 15. But it also looks like the trade-in for the iPhone 8 (base) would be $415?

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Anything for the 14s? It's for my BIL so he just needs something that's not an 8, heh.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Latest update for my P8P has nothing like that. What phone?

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Branch Nvidian posted:

Assuming it’s probably a Samsung. My grandfather had an A31 that kept getting “updates” that did this. Nothing like a tech-illiterate grandparent having a panic attack because things showed up on their phone that they didn’t put there.

That's my guess. Either a cheap or "free" Samsung or something similar.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Shareholder value uber alles in capitalist utopia.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

My in-laws and 35 year old brother in law are all in our plan.

I remember when Sprint had some really good family deal goons were putting together groups.

It's NBD, really.

I've contemplated inviting my stepdad on, since it would save him a bit with Mom gone.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

MVNO lines will be the very first to be deprioritized, probably even more than prepaid and Visible.

So if you're in an even remotely populated area, that could be a real concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

Yeah, I've pointed out that MMS is bad. I did see that Verizon Messages+ will apparently send MMS over wifi, but I'm loathe to suggest a carrier specific messaging app.

The number of A series Samsung and free Motorola phones I see people using with that godawful red and white messages app makes me shudder. So many people jump in on the defaults and never take a moment to think. Until something breaks or they get a phone without the shovelware.