Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Will this:

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/motorola-one

Work on Verizon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Endless Mike posted:

Not really. It doesn't have CDMA support, which doesn't technically matter anymore, but it's also missing LTE band 13, which is their main one.

I was thinking it was missing something, thanks!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I wish there was a way to mix and match iPhone and Pixel promos :sad:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I am about to separate from my job, and can port out my number and own outright my Pixel 2. My family is on a VZ unlimited plan, but I was considering just going to Fi to try it out. Are there any promos for porting my number in with a phone I own?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Does your company have Verizon or not? If they already have Verizon, you won’t qualify for most new customer switchers unfortunately.

Ah, good to know. I will probably try Fi for a month or so then, and maybe wait for the Pixel 4 to drop. Thanks man, if/when I port in I will get your referral code from you.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

If I was to port my number out so I could take advantage of the new line promo, is there a minimum time I would have to wait to port back in?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Questions :

Do you have multiple lines, and is the account in your name or not your name?

The technical wait time for a “Winback” is 60 days. Whether it gets triggered or not tends to be whether the entire account is closed out or not.

Yes and no, respectively. Bummer about the winback timer, maybe I will just wait for Black Friday.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Pixel 4 XL was $400 off at Best Buy for upgrade, not even a trade in required. I got one.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

If I call loyalty and tell them my wife and daughter are leaving for Sprint's free iPhone 11 promo will they match our come close?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

You can always try. What’s the promo ?

Free iPhone with trade in

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Call loyalty and ask. I doubt they’ll match though.

I just want some sort of deal on a couple iPhones, that's it.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Update, I was offered an extra $100 off per iPhone 11. Not overwhelming, I'll be honest.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

So uh, my Pixel 4XL did a strange thing where it showed -1% battery. I restarted it and now it will not go above 50% battery even if I charge it wirelessly for an extended period or time or plugged in. Guessing I need to take it in and have someone look at it?

No battery optimizing apps or any of that installed.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I didn't but maybe I have to. At this point I'm insanely frustrated - I had to wait the entire month on google fi to get the $100 discount, I'm checking now to see if i can return the phone but probably can't after all this time, and my trip to the verizon store was entirely pointless. After waiting a long time they got me a new SIM card, same exact issues - no data, cdma 1x only , calls and texts don't show up for a long while after they're sent for some reason. It's not even verizon's fault I don't think, i'm just mad as heck now since it's so hard to diagnose what's up

and of course the store manager said maybe it's a gsm only phone, which it isn't and wouldn't show up as cdma in the settings anyways. argh.

so now i have: moto x4 that went corrupt in about 2 years, moto g power that mysteriously won't work on verizon but does on fi, and an ancient droid turbo from 2014 that I had replaced once already for screen issues. guess i just stuff the sim in the droid turbo until i solve this other stuff

I have a Moto G4+ you can use until you sort all this out if you'd like.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Just waiting for the Pixel 6 to drop then I will be reaching out for a code, thanks for all you do here Duckman!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

DTaeKim posted:

Do we think Verizon will offer a deal when the Pixel 6 drops? My wife and I are chugging on the Pixel 2 and really regret missing on the Pixel 4A deal a few months back.

I'm hoping so, I still like my Pixel 4XL but the lack of a fingerprint reader is annoying with the mask mandate. Don't get me wrong, I am pro mask but I miss my fingerprint reader on the 2 XL

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

On the Best Buy website, it said that the trade in for my Pixel 6 Pro could not be damaged, but I thought Verizon was taking anything back that turned on and was not locked via 'Find my phone' or whatever, so I did my purchase without a trade. Can I call VZW Customer Service and get a trade in started after the transaction?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Hey Duckman2008 is the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 LTE compatible or do you need the phone to answer texts and calls? I see conflicting reviews on the Verizon website. I am interested in getting one with the trade in that is happening right now, how much does the watch add to the monthly plan?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Duckman how's the home internet service and can you sell it?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I can trade in a Pixel 2 acc bad get a free Pixel 8? What about the pro?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Acc bad ?

And I have to check the promos. Are you upgrading or a new customer ?

Mobile, tired post after seeing a commercial. "And Get"

Existing user.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Thank you all!

I still will be here to help, I just won’t be able to call and process myself. So you won’t have some random dude who talks really fast call you.

Weirdest part of going back to in person is I’m going to have to slow down how fast I talk.

I am glad to have been one of the last Goons you might have helped, and I love my P8P!