Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
I've been looking at switching from verizon to project fi for my phone service. I'm on a plan with my wife with verizon and I'm curious what happens if I leave the plan with my pixal and put it on project fi, what would that do to our bill?

We're currently paying 118 (final price) a month for 2 lines, both phones paid for, 6 gigs of shared data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Duckman2008 posted:

This is my guess on what your plan likely is:

$60 for 6GB (grandfathered plan)
$20 for line 1
$20 for line 2
= $100+ tax

Moving your line would only remove $20. However, call in afterwards and ask to be moved to the 5GB single plan to save another $20. Single plan is

$40 for 5GB. $5 off with autopay
$20 for 1 line
= $60 (or $55 with autopay).

Btw, check and see if you get a work discount , both your current and the single line plan can get a Work discount.

Thanks for taking a second to look at that for me.

I looked at my bill to match up with what you're guessing. I do get a 15% employee discount on my account so maybe it's not worth moving?

MORE Everything Unlimited Talk, Text & 6GB ($70 before 15% Emp Discount) - $59.50
Line 1 (coverage $9) - $24.00
Line 2 (coverage $11) - $26.00
Surcharges - $4.28
Taxes and government fees - $4.40
Total - $118.18

rotaryfun fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 5, 2017